Latest news:

How does the Andy Forsyth deal work?
Discussion started by rustyroof (IP Logged), 07 November, 2019 15:23
sk
rustyroof
07 November, 2019 15:23
Is he
A ) a Cov player on temporary loan to help Tigers cover World Cup absence ?
B ) a Tigers player who will be available on DR to us whenever not required by Tigers?
C) some other permutation?
Judging by comments on the Tigers forum he is doing a good, solid job for them, who they wouldn't mind keeping hold of.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2019 15:27 by rustyroof.

Rob C
Rob C
07 November, 2019 15:47
Quote:
rustyroof
Is he
A ) a Cov player on temporary loan to help Tigers cover World Cup absence ?
B ) a Tigers player who will be available on DR to us whenever not required by Tigers?
C) some other permutation?
Judging by comments on the Tigers forum he is doing a good, solid job for them, who they wouldn't mind keeping hold of.

According to this article he is a Cov signing currently on loan to Leicester.

[www.leicestertigers.com]

Strange that we are loaning a centre to a Premiership club whilst apparently short of centres ourself?

sk
rustyroof
07 November, 2019 15:54
Thanks. I missed that. Fingers crossed Tigers don't make him an offer once the loan spell ends.

Rob C
Rob C
07 November, 2019 15:58
Quote:
rustyroof
Thanks. I missed that. Fingers crossed Tigers don't make him an offer once the loan spell ends.

He seems keen to stress how happy he is at Tigers and the feeling is apparently mutual.

Watch this space...

sk
rustyroof
07 November, 2019 16:07
To answer why we loaned him out, he was probably being sounded out by tigers for the loan spell at the same time we were talking to him, and it was an integral part of the deal.

PaulRossborough
PaulRossborough
07 November, 2019 19:30
I understand he was on the same arrangement with YC/Tigers prior to this season. We took him knowing that he would be with Tigers through the world cup and I believe also 6 nations.
Doesn't leave a great deal of time with us to be honest!

All views expressed in this post, are my own

HoboAl
HoboAl
08 November, 2019 08:10
Quote:
PaulRossborough
I understand he was on the same arrangement with YC/Tigers prior to this season. We took him knowing that he would be with Tigers through the world cup and I believe also 6 nations.
Doesn't leave a great deal of time with us to be honest!

Thanks Paul, I wasnt aware of the Six Nations bit. I wonder what the wage split is between the clubs? Or game time split?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2019 08:11 by HoboAl.

PaulRossborough
PaulRossborough
08 November, 2019 08:24
I maybe wring but I think I recall it being mentioned that he would cover for I ternational duty. Logic would also say that if cover is required for world cup, it would also be needed for 6 nations. As I say, I could be and probably am, wrong.

Not sure about the split but I think I recall RW saying in previous forums (not about AF but actually players that were on loan at Cov), that during he loan period, the club taking the loan player pays the players wages.

All views expressed in this post, are my own

CharlieBravo
Cliff Bennett
08 November, 2019 09:11
Frankly I find the article on the Tigers website confusing and unsettling. He clearly wants to be, and sees himself as, a Premiership player so his signing for Cov doesn’t make sense. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if we never see him in Cov colours.

MESSAGES->author
AdminBTCov
08 November, 2019 09:26
It does state fairly clearly that he's there to cover the World Cup period*. Nothing else.
Of course that could change, but unless/ until anything further is announced it's pointless speculating.

*Which will include the post-WC period of player recovery I assume.

HoboAl
HoboAl
10 November, 2019 08:15
One thing that is clear from the article, is the fact because he started out at Leicester, he has has a strong affinity with the club. He feels with the extra experience he has gained he has a chance of proving he can compete at the highedt level.

That sort of ambition and desire to succeed ticks a big Rowland Winter and Cov box. I am sure if he does join us he will soon realise the Coventry Club and supporters share his ambitions and it is a good place to be.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net