Latest news:

Pitch
Discussion started by PaulRossborough (IP Logged), 30 November, 2019 09:32
PaulRossborough
PaulRossborough
30 November, 2019 09:32
Its chilly out there, would the artificial pitch be harder and therefore more dangerous than a grass pitch in such temperatures?

All views expressed in this post, are my own

Rob C
Rob C
30 November, 2019 09:42
I was wondering the same thing whilst walking the dog this morning. Are the days of matches being frozen off now gone?

PaulRossborough
PaulRossborough
30 November, 2019 10:11
Well it imagine at very best it will reach the same ground temperatures as with previous. With the tarmac, hardcore etc that went underneath, I wondered if this would make the ground temperature lower. I haven't a clue to be honest.

All views expressed in this post, are my own

MESSAGES->author
OldNick
30 November, 2019 10:47
The significant change is the much better drainage. With the old pitch there would have been a layer of mud which would have probably frozen as a sheet last night.

Now there is a much more granular layer above the matting, which although damp should not freeze to a solid layer.

MESSAGES->author
Peter Redhead
30 November, 2019 10:55
[www.technicalsurfaces.co.uk]
Interesting article on 3G pitches.

poplarside
poplarside
30 November, 2019 12:18
Interesting tweet from Rushall Olympic FC U21 today - ''This mornings game at Lichfield City is postponed at 8:30am, due to a frozen 3G pitch and fog that must be set in all day.''

MESSAGES->author
AdminBTCov
30 November, 2019 12:36
Quote:
poplarside
Interesting tweet from Rushall Olympic FC U21 today - ''This mornings game at Lichfield City is postponed at 8:30am, due to a frozen 3G pitch and fog that must be set in all day.''
Light cloud and 2 degrees there this afternoon according to the Beeb. No mention of fog.
I'm 20 miles along the A5 from there, admittedly, but the fog here cleared hours ago and it's now a gin-clear perfect rugby day.

HoboAl
HoboAl
30 November, 2019 12:44
Drainage is better than old pitch so in theory less to freeze. Also if it does freeze I cannot see it being harder than frozen saturated clay?

BackTenRef?
BackTenRef?
30 November, 2019 18:59
Only time it can get dodgy is if itís inundated with water then freezes faster than it can drain OR real bad snow. The water between the pellets freezes

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net