Latest news:

Luc/Will
Discussion started by PaulRossborough (IP Logged), 02 December, 2019 18:07
PaulRossborough
PaulRossborough
02 December, 2019 18:07
Guessing from their Instagram activity that Will and Luc have been told they're back on loan this weekend. They dont appear too impressed.

I should add that I may have the wrong end of the stick completely.

All views expressed in this post, are my own

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2019 18:19 by PaulRossborough.

covkid53
covkid53
03 December, 2019 09:18
The problem is, in the Championship the need for a bigger squad of players is essential. Game time for those outside the top 25 players can be extremely limited. Obviously, every player thinks they are good enough for that group, however it's the head coach who has the final say. Fringe players will never be happy, if they are young enough being loaned can be used in a positive way to improve and impress. For older players free of injury who are left out, they may need to consider their position in the club more urgently.

I'm stating the obvious :-)

HoboAl
HoboAl
03 December, 2019 13:14
At least Luc and Will are on loan and getting game time. Poor old Dan Lewis is part of first team squad so feeding off scraps of opportunity.

All three are very good players and have a great future with the club. But at the moment it is heads down, work hard and be ready when the opportunity comes.

Perhaps if the team hadnt gifted Ampthill a bonus point last week, some of the youngsters may have featured again against Bedford. We need something from the Bedford game now to ensure our progress.

sk
rustyroof
03 December, 2019 14:15
Ampthill's bonus point isn't really a factor. They won't catch us, even if it is mathematically possible, plus we want a home quarter final so need to beat Bedford to have a chance.

covmick1/Michael Carter
covmick1/Michael Carter
03 December, 2019 14:30
Dan Lewis must be pushing very hard for a start. A great problem is keeping players happy. Scouts from other clubs will be looking, just like Coventry at players. Not forgetting agents. Rowland Winter has a hard job on both fronts.

covmick/Michael Carter

PaulRossborough
PaulRossborough
03 December, 2019 15:06
Scouts? Are they a thing at this level?

covmick1/Michael Carter
covmick1/Michael Carter
03 December, 2019 19:19
yes. they are. But different names for them.

covmick/Michael Carter

Diesel74
Diesel74
03 December, 2019 19:34
I think it's a positive to see disappointment at being dropped. The real test of character will be how they react.

We've got a good squad, a good squad atmosphere and competition for a starting berth is good.

I want players who will fight for that shirt.

Mark

PaulRossborough
PaulRossborough
03 December, 2019 20:24
Quote:
Diesel74
I think it's a positive to see disappointment at being dropped. The real test of character will be how they react.
We've got a good squad, a good squad atmosphere and competition for a starting berth is good.

I want players who will fight for that shirt.

Mark

My sentiments exactly. They both seem very keen and committed when they're playing and I enjoy watching both too.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net