Will Maisey - Bedford, 9/3/20
Fin Creighton - Cambridge, 2/4/20
Heath Stevens - retiring, 6/4/20
James Gibbons - Ealing, 3/6/20
Will Flinn - Hartpury, 4/6/20
Scott Russell - Hartpury, 4/6/20
David Langley - Moseley, 19/6/20
Ben Adams - Cambridge, 22/6/20

Please keep this thread solely for discussion of signings confirmed through official channels.
Rumours of unofficial pronouncements can be added to the 'Rumours' thread.
Thanks

Edited 12 time(s). Last edit at 23/06/2020 07:31 by Kimbo.

PaulRossborough
PaulRossborough
09 January, 2020 19:36
Perfect... I love this time of year

All views expressed in this post, are my own

HoboAl
HoboAl
10 January, 2020 08:39
Phil Boulton was one of RW first signings and the cornerstone to building the team that would get us back into the Championship and establishing ourselves. He has been incredibly consistent and a great leader and club captain.

Boults is now adding value as a coach and doing a fantastic job with the U18's. He was one of my 5 nominations in Tim Smith's Most Valuable Player Christmas Poll. I was rather suprised that he didn't feature in the top 12. However, that may just be a reflection of how far the squad has come since Boults signed, although I'm sure Boults helped attract some of the later acquisitions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2020 08:40 by HoboAl.

HoboAl
HoboAl
17 January, 2020 09:26
Excellent news about Pete White. A great talent who gives his all for the shirt. I still think he has the potential to develop more as a player yet which is an added bonus.

Wazeroonie
Wazeroonie
17 January, 2020 20:11
I like how Pete White says he's "looking forward to at least another two good years as a Coventry player.

Shows he's here for the journey.

CovBlueLou
CovBlueLou
13 February, 2020 13:42
In- Louis Brown- Full Back from OE on 2.5 year deal

MESSAGES->author
OldNick
13 February, 2020 14:14
Also Ryan Olowofela from Saints on a DR deal.

Details of both on official site.

MESSAGES->author
Peter Redhead
13 February, 2020 16:46
Louis Brown from old es

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/02/2020 16:48 by Peter Redhead.

MESSAGES->author
AdminBTCov
01 March, 2020 14:51
Quote:
Peter Redhead
https://www.ultimaterugby.com/will-homer
Confirmation Peter?

MESSAGES->author
Peter Redhead
02 March, 2020 10:04
Confirmation is via the Rugby paper, waiting for something official from the club.

MESSAGES->author
AdminBTCov
02 March, 2020 13:40
Quote:
Peter Redhead
Confirmation is via the Rugby paper, waiting for something official from the club.

Per the top message, I'd appreciate it if non-confirmed (by the club) signings were discussed in the relevant rumours thread - just to keep this one tidy for reference purposes.
Last year's one got somewhat long and straggly! (Sm14)

MESSAGES->author
Peter Redhead
09 March, 2020 14:26
Will Maisey left the club for Bedford with immediate effect.

CovBlueLou
CovBlueLou
01 April, 2020 19:29
Fin Creighton-scrum half has joined Cambridge on a permanent move

CovBlueLou
CovBlueLou
06 April, 2020 11:46
Heath Stevens-retired

MESSAGES->author
Kimbo
06 April, 2020 15:44
Saw Heath's tweet. I think we can take that as confirmation winking smiley All the best to him going forward.

CovBlueLou
CovBlueLou
19 May, 2020 19:35
Ben Nutley the new Luton RFC head coach so he is off. Really impressed as this season went on.

[www.northamptonchron.co.uk]

Moosemagic
Moosemagic
19 May, 2020 19:49
Listening to RW doing his Q&A session earlier with Chris, I would suggest there will be a few more to follow.

Phil Reynolds

HoboAl
HoboAl
20 May, 2020 13:37
Quote:
CovBlueLou
Ben Nutley the new Luton RFC head coach so he is off. Really impressed as this season went on.
[www.northamptonchron.co.uk]

Is he off? Quite a few have had coaching roles and still part of the squad. RW said in Q & A training will finish slighly earlier next season so players can takes advantage of further education, jobs, work experience etc in preperation for life after rugby. Luton RFC will probably be training a few evenings a week.

MESSAGES->author
Kimbo
20 May, 2020 13:55
Waiting for confirmation from Cov, Al. Could go either way.

CovBlueLou
CovBlueLou
20 May, 2020 14:07
[/quote]

Is he off? Quite a few have had coaching roles and still part of the squad. RW said in Q & A training will finish slighly earlier next season so players can takes advantage of further education, jobs, work experience etc in preperation for life after rugby. Luton RFC will probably be training a few evenings a week.[/quote]

I cant imagine Luton would want their head coach playing for another club at the same time as their game.

El Toro
Chow Chow
20 May, 2020 21:12
It's pretty common for clubs from level 5 and below to have a current player from a senior club on their coaching team, and some are indeed Head Coaches. They train the side in the week and are involved in selection, most games are taped even at lower levels so they can be reviewed. Many of the Cov squad have been involved with local clubs: Will Owen and Gerard Ellis at Balsall and Berkswell, Phil Boulton at Newbold, Pete White at Broadstreet, George Oram (and previously Will Maisey) at Kenilworth amongst others.
Nutley may well be doing similar at Luton....or he may indeed be moving on from Cov and coaching at Luton alongside a new career but I'd imagine it's in a similar vein to the above scenarios.

Rob C
Rob C
21 May, 2020 11:05
Can't see this being the same scenario chow chow, the other players you list are supporting a Head Coach at those club's.

HoboAl
HoboAl
21 May, 2020 17:36
Well he is out of contract. He has given us some good stuff over last couple of years. If he is leaving I wish him all the best and if he is staying I would be happy with that too.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net