Latest news:

3G Pitch
Discussion started by Rob C (IP Logged), 16 February, 2020 13:52
Rob C
Rob C
16 February, 2020 13:52
It was noticeable yesterday, and during a preceding match in similar conditions, how much rain water remains on our new 3G pitch and is splashed up underfoot.

I'm just watching highlights of the Saracens and Worcester matches played in similarly atrocious conditions and they didn't appear to have the same issues - there was none of the splashing that was evident at BPA yesterday.

I'm wondering if insufficient drainage was installed.

HoboAl
HoboAl
16 February, 2020 14:48
I have heard the wrong sand was put down and the pitch is not draing properly. A seven day summer rectification programme.

Rob C
Rob C
16 February, 2020 15:47
Quote:
HoboAl
I have heard the wrong sand was put down and the pitch is not draing properly. A seven day summer rectification programme.

That's some cock up if that's the case...

MESSAGES->author
AdminBTCov
16 February, 2020 16:55
Heard the same yesterday.
Does seem rather odd if true.

HoboAl
HoboAl
16 February, 2020 18:33
Not the club, but contractors, or they were supplied with wrong sand?

Who knows, but the pitch isn't draining right that is clear to see.

Wazeroonie
Wazeroonie
16 February, 2020 18:51
I guess at least the game could go ahead even on the soggy surface, it would have surely been off when it was the quagmire.

BackTenRef?
BackTenRef?
17 February, 2020 10:58
That said, you watch hockey on similar albeit shorter surfaces and youíll see water spray. Itís also been a horrid amount in a short space of time, just look at the number of local streams that have flooded

Rob C
Rob C
17 February, 2020 12:19
Quote:
BackTenRef?
That said, you watch hockey on similar albeit shorter surfaces and youíll see water spray. Itís also been a horrid amount in a short space of time, just look at the number of local streams that have flooded

That's probably the case but the pitch at BPA is supposedly the same or better than those as at Allianz Park and Sixways and they didn't display the same problem - and trust me it was raining heavily during those matches. The contrast was quite apparent...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 17/02/2020 12:54 by Rob C.

Match watcher
Egg Timer
17 February, 2020 12:39
Quote:
BackTenRef?

Isn't that because they're water based pitches and need to be wet to be played on? Ours is different. Eric said it was a question of a chemical in the sand reacting with the rubber of the pellets, making them congeal with each other. 2 day job to fix, I think he said, but a closed season (if there is one for the pitch) job.

MESSAGES->author
OldNick
17 February, 2020 12:44
Whatís pretty clear from walking on it is that water is being held in the top (matting/sand/black crumb) layer and feels like it is being held by the sand caking.
Whether this is caused by the wrong type of sand and/or the sand caking on the matting I canít tell. It does not seem to me to be lying above the crumb layer, as it is spraying when people break into this layer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/02/2020 13:11 by OldNick.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net