Latest news:

Vs Leeds, vs Ealing next
Discussion started by Egg Timer (IP Logged), 17 February, 2020 08:59
Match watcher
Egg Timer
17 February, 2020 08:59
Despite there being nearly 2000 people there on Saturday to watch the game, I felt the crowd was far quieter than in previous weeks, with little or no noise coming from the stands to support the players.

The boys play off confidence as much as anything else, and we know that they've told us how much of a lift they get from the crowd when we start shouting and cheering them on, but it was so quiet on Saturday they must have been wondering what they were doing wrong as no-one was shouting with him - despite a 50 point win!

Come on guys. The news from Twickenham has been bad (I think and hope there will be some sort of climb down on that), but it's not the players' fault! They're still wearing a Coventry short and putting their bodies on the line for it (and us), so get behind them against Ealing in a couple of weeks and let them know we're there!!

Our noise damages the opposition as well, by the way!

Straightout
Straightout
17 February, 2020 17:42
You will find the Ealing game will be totally different. The noise and excitement comes from every point mattering and fear of losing etc. Ealing will be slight favs and most supporters will be desperate for us to do it and maintain our unbeaten home league run.. the falcons game will be even more epic, particularly if we defeat Ealing.. itís human nature to not be as excited and vocal if you know you are going to win and win with ease. Rain didnít help and the news in the week on funding but Cov fans are magnificent with a challenge and Ealing is a massive one.. agree with all your points but think we may need fear of defeat and every point matters to bring out the best in us.. the players will have that feeling too..

HoboAl
HoboAl
17 February, 2020 22:48
Fans have a role, players have a role, expectation has a role, weather has a role.

Rugby is a game of attrition, players who bravely put their neck on the line for the first 30 minutes wont after 80 minutes; especially when it is 30 v 3. And it is that every week.

I have little time for Carnegie as an organisation based on last years business arrangements. But I have respect for the fans and current players who endure this each week.

I thought the atmosphere was ok Saturday. It took time to break their resilience down, but then the inevitable gaps appeared.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net