Rob C
Rob C
20 March, 2020 10:43
A bit more clarity...

[www.englandrugby.com]

Alinta
Alinta
20 March, 2020 11:21
Interesting to note that the RFU is having dialogue with Premiership clubs regarding the remainder of the season, but has terminated the season for all clubs below without any prior discussion. Whilst the Covid-19 outbreak should be taken seriously, so should the financial impact of this decision on the clubs outside of the Premiership. In particular, those players & staff whose contracts are due for renewal, etc, now face extremely uncertain futures. Will be very interesting to see what, if any, financial support is forthcoming from the RFU for the clubs affected.

Paul Ingleston
Paul Ingleston
20 March, 2020 11:31
Don't think we should be entirely surprised that the RFU are still involved in discussions with Gallagher Premiership clubs as they, the RFU, are truly in the PRL pockets now.
Think it is plain for all to see now that the RFU are truly under the heels of PRL, the remaining parts of the game, Championship, community game are no more than an afterthought for the supposed arbiters and governance providers of our game. A big shame really.

covkid53
covkid53
20 March, 2020 11:46
Contractual situations exist in the championship do they not ? Championship games are televised creating some of their income via the RFU I believe. Will the RFU fund some of the damage they are creating with this action taken unilaterally? Some clubs will go bust if clarity isn't given.

Players on season long contracts could find their contract has now been terminated, so many will find themselves unemployed with no income until the next pre season, whenever that is.

The RFU are in the pockets of TV and sponsors I understand that, but they need to take actions to protect clubs and players.

What a bloody mess, this virus is like a creeping tsunami slowly enveloping the world in a sea of dispair.

Wash your hands, avoid touching your face until you have. Stay healthy, best regards. 😷😘

MESSAGES->author
Peter Redhead
20 March, 2020 12:05
Think the RFU have to check in first with CVC before cancelling the premiership.

CharlieBravo
CharlieBravo
20 March, 2020 12:56
Which means that CVC, not the RFU, is the governing body. How ridiculously upside down is that?

MESSAGES->author
Peter Redhead
20 March, 2020 14:12
Money talks.

Sam Skennel
Egg Timer
21 March, 2020 09:06
I that there is far too much money in sport generally and this might be the start of the end for some sports as a whole at the professional level.

If only the IOC would come to their senses and make a decision.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/03/2020 09:07 by Egg Timer.

tonker
tonker
24 March, 2020 15:57
BBC SPORT article re dean Richards predictable response to ealing's possible legal challenge if the RFU promote Newcastle.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

captainscarlet
bigm/ mark harrison.
28 March, 2020 14:30
Phil Davies will not be able to collect his bonus for saving Leeds from the drop......

John Butler
John Butler
30 March, 2020 09:07
Predictable & so it should be. How can any club, Ealing or whoever, consider going down such a route at this time.

CharlieBravo
CharlieBravo
30 March, 2020 09:43
Iím not sure I particularly liked Ealing anyway, but now I certainly have no time for them. Iím amazed at their effrontery to dare to challenge the situation - a situation which is surely as clear and logical as it could be. In these horribly uncertain times the RFU has taken the obvious decision to end this season for the Championship. Ealingís attempt to subvert the situation is reprehensible.

Mick J Shaw
Mick J Shaw
30 March, 2020 13:59
Ealing were never going to catch Newcastle anyway as they want going g to lose a game

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/03/2020 14:22 by Mick J Shaw.

MESSAGES->author
OldNick
30 March, 2020 14:02
Quote:
Mick J Shaw
Esher were never going to catch Newcastle anyway as they want going g to lose a game

I think you mean Ealing Mick, but absolutely, I agree. In my mind now they have labelled themselves as a bunch of chancers.

Mick J Shaw
Mick J Shaw
30 March, 2020 14:21
Quote:
OldNick
Quote:
Mick J Shaw
Esher were never going to catch Newcastle anyway as they want going g to lose a game

I think you mean Ealing Mick, but absolutely, I agree. In my mind now they have labelled themselves as a bunch of chancers.
sorry senior moment

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net