Latest news:

Season cancelled below premiership.
Discussion started by Peter Redhead (IP Logged), 20 March, 2020 10:58
MESSAGES->author
Peter Redhead
20 March, 2020 10:58
BBC Sport announces that the RFU have cancelled the rest of the season below Premiership level for this season. Waiting for RFU confirmation. This will spell disaster for many clubs.

MESSAGES->author
OldNick
20 March, 2020 11:24
Also reported by Cov Tel. Letter from Bill Sweeney to clubs quoted there basically says they haven't yet worked out what this means in terms of promotion / relegation, but hope to announce plans by my April.

Tip
Tip
20 March, 2020 11:45
Looking after themselves. Rules apply to everyone but we are different, above them/you

HoboAl
HoboAl
20 March, 2020 12:41
Rugby below Prem is cast aside again. Is it time all clubs broke away from RFU and the Prem?

MESSAGES->author
Peter Redhead
20 March, 2020 14:14
RFU are not doing themselves any favours with this biased reasoning.

CharlieBravo
CharlieBravo
20 March, 2020 20:14
I find it unbelievable that the RFU can separate the Premiership from the action which they have asked all rugby clubs to take. Why is the Premiership special? What logical and justifiable reasons are there for allowing them to continue whilst all other clubs are requested to shut up shop? As Peter R said, money talks and itís clear that the RFU is is total obedience to anything which is money related. Which means CVC. Frankly itís absolutely pathetic.

Cov_InPeace
Cov_InPeace
20 March, 2020 21:02
Weíve cancelled the season but we donít know what weíre going to do yet... thatís basically the message.

Even by RFU standards this is an epic failure of planning and leadership.

Cov_InPeace
Cov_InPeace
20 March, 2020 21:13
Having said that, Timís blog makes the counter argument rather convincingly. Perhaps I should have read that first...

[coventryrfc.me]

Sam Skennel
Egg Timer
21 March, 2020 08:52
We might make the premiership next season yet, if the paper this morning is to be believed in as much as the virus crisis may cause a few of the current Prem clubs to go out of business.

Some of the clubs have told their players theyíll be getting a 25% salary cut, and that full pay may not be resumed until the fixtures restart, so they may take legal action against the clubs.

Hope weíre not in that boat, but I donít suppose our finances are less dependant on gate money than those of any other club.

The other kicker is that the club canít now be used for functions, meetings or conferences, so zero income for the foreseeable future.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net