Latest news:

Latest Coventry Rugby Statement - 20.3.2020
Discussion started by Paul Ingleston (IP Logged), 20 March, 2020 14:06
Paul Ingleston
Paul Ingleston
20 March, 2020 14:06
Coventry Rugby’s management has issued the following statement following the news that the RFU has decided to end the 2019/20 season with immediate effect.

‘These are unprecedented times with an ongoing pandemic which has no end in sight. This is why we do understand the RFU’s announcement that the 2019/20 season will be ending immediately.

‘We also know that our supporters, partners and stakeholders will also be seeking clarity about a wide range of issues related to the announcement. However, we are asking everyone involved to please bear with us and be patient.

‘We only received this news from Twickenham this morning (Friday, March 20th) with a very short period of notice – only some 20 minutes – before it was released to the general public.

‘As such we have not yet been able to fully work through the implications for the club, including what, if any, support there will be coming from both Twickenham and central government. We are also reliant on our insurers being good corporate citizens in recognising that situations like this are unprecedented and outside the club’s control and fulfilling the terms of our policy accordingly.

‘We will be making further announcements as and when we are able, and once we have gone through our processes to identify the best way forward which can both maintain good relationships with all our supporters, partners and stakeholders and ensure the longer-term viability and continuation of the club’s operations.

‘As always, we wish everyone within the Coventry Rugby community the very best of health during the current situation.’

Rob C
Rob C
20 March, 2020 14:21
Seems like the club are taking a rather more pragmatic approach to the RFU's announcement.

MESSAGES->author
OldNick
20 March, 2020 14:28
Not that the club can say anything more practical until the RFU makes up its mind about what they're doing in mud April.

Alinta
Alinta
20 March, 2020 14:45
Coventry Rugby still had 4 homes games remaining, which is just over one third of their home league games for the season. To lose more than a third of your revenue, coupled with the knock on effect with the possibility that Coventry Bears & United seasons may also be curtailed, the loss in match day revenues (match tickets, car parks, food, bars, corporate hospitality, etc) is significant.

I feel for the club management & staff who over the coming weeks will be having to work very hard to understand the full impact regarding the loss of revenue and remap the business plan & budgets accordingly. All of which is compounded by the potential loss of sponsorship moving forwards as sponsors will also feel the pinch within their revenue streams & businesses from Covid-19, and assuming circumstances allow for the new season to start in September, which may not be the case. It's extremely challenging to run & operate any business with so much uncertainty & unknowns.

tonker
tonker
20 March, 2020 15:02
difficult times indeed. have enjoyed the home games this season & was looking forward to the remainder. to finish 4th with still 4 home games left is a good effort-well done to everyone.
i dont know if the club will offer some reimbursement on season tickets but i'm happy for the club to keep my money to offset their losses in a small way.
newcastle are already marketing 20/21 season tickets, not sure how long thats been the case, but certainly no mention of prem rugby , at :
Early Bird Full Price
Adult £190 £225
Concession £170 £195
roll on next season.

titchywinger
titchywinger
20 March, 2020 22:11
Like you tonker, I am more than happy for the club to keep the money I paid for two tickets to the Newcastle game. Every little bit may help. Stay safe everyone.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net