Latest news:

Jon Sharp
Discussion started by Moosemagic (IP Logged), 22 March, 2020 15:37
Moosemagic
Moosemagic
22 March, 2020 15:37
Jon was speaking live on Sky sports news today at 1pm. discussing the current situation with Rugby/corona virus. (Sorry i cant put a link up)

As usual Jon came across very well and in his usual manner was shooting from the hip in regards to the lack of information coming from the RFU (SRU and WRU have already put packages together for their respective Union teams regarding financial support) RFU to date zilch!
He also had some barbed comments for Insurance companies who are squirming out of their responibilities regarding "Business interruption"

Very articulate and friendly in his manner but also forthright.

Well played Jon!

Phil Reynolds

MESSAGES->author
Kimbo
22 March, 2020 17:22
Jon never fails to impress.

CovBlueLou
CovBlueLou
22 March, 2020 19:15
Quote:
Kimbo
Jon never fails to impress.

Completely agree, would love to be a fly on the wall when he has raised and continues to raise the various issues to the fools in suits running the RFU over the past few and coming months!

Couldnít ask for anyone better at the helm!

Sam Skennel
Egg Timer
24 March, 2020 07:42
If he's opening the bar to drink up the Purity ales, I'll take a turn at "helping out".

tonker
tonker
24 March, 2020 15:54
heres a link

[www.skysports.com]

not sure if this is the whole thing as fairly short but a well delivered strong message to the RFU-nice cov gilet-I want one!

covkid53
covkid53
25 March, 2020 11:04
Jon is a smart cookie, I think he should join with other insured businesses and make preparations for a class action against these insurance companies.

If the insurance companies are confident in their position they will mount a robust defence, if not, they will fold and negotiate.

A gradual winding up of pressure could work wonders.

MESSAGES->author
Kimbo
25 March, 2020 11:13
Extended article printed in The Times today:

[www.thetimes.co.uk]

telly1
telly1
25 March, 2020 16:16
As usual, Cov kid is dreaming.
Championship rugby is a mere speck of dust in the grander scale of covid 19 UK and worldwide.
We already insolvent and this will possibly be a killer blow.

albie
Geoff Kennedy
25 March, 2020 17:26
You have surfaced again Telly with the same old unfounded balderdash. To challenge Covkid who holds our club in great affection baffles belief. Have you nothing better to do with your time?
Dont bother trying to qualify your position by replying to this message - just quietly slip away and keep your untimely remarks to yourself.
At a time when all clubs - not to mention the whole nation - no - make that the whole world are facing a much larger crisis - do your bit for the greater good and give the rest of us some peace as we try to tackle this unseen disease.
One City, One Club, Coventry to the core

Sam Skennel
Egg Timer
26 March, 2020 08:42
Well, blow me down, the mood hoover is back again.

CharlieBravo
CharlieBravo
26 March, 2020 12:28
Iím quite certain, Geoff, that the vast majority of supporters, actually if not all, would absolutely endorse your comments in response to telly1.
For my part I feel affronted, as I always do with his posts, that he should have the audacity to insult my intelligence by expecting me to take on board and believe the ridiculous, rash and unjustified sweeping statements that he inevitably coughs up. He is clearly is possessed of a tiny mind which he thinks will persuade people to his point of view. You almost have to feel sorry for him that he is possessed of such a tiny mind.

telly1
telly1
27 March, 2020 19:51
Oh Dear, I have no wish to attempt to persuade anyone.
As previously mentioned, we could well be sleep walking into the abyss, just as that, gerry bloke in the 90,s led us over the cliff, pied piper style, into oblivion.
Clearly, JET engine financing, is not a business to be in right now and as we wait for the next set of the, coventry rugby ltd, trading accounts to be lodged with companies House, to June 2019,Mr Sharp has already flagged a "six figure" loss.
Thing is, 6 figures could be 100 to 900k loss.
We then got this season to add to that.
Wake up, smell the coffee, Charlie/Jeff.
I repeat, sleep walkingi into the abyss.
Any comment from Jon, the", switched on guy", is more than welcome.
Looks more and more like we are going to be, Switched off!! Not ON?

albie
Geoff Kennedy
27 March, 2020 21:32
Telly 1 (what's your proper name?)
You remind me of an old guy who used to hang around Hyde Park Corner in London years ago with a billboard over his shoulders which said "THE END IF THE WORLD IS NIGH"
Perhaps you are related in some way.
You no doubt support our club - or do you? Do you really?
Many of us helped the club in the past and continue to do so now - do you??
i doubt that any true supporter would take pleasure in writing the stuff which you no doubt relish in
We all support Jon Sharp to the full and trust in his leadership of the club.
My coffee smells very good indeed (I must use a superior brand) and I dont have any reason to visit Specsavers thankfully - my eyes are wide open - as I believe are Charlie's and a great many other true supporters
By the way before you slip quietly away and keep your untimely and uninvited comments to yourself just bear in mind part of my previous response
[i]At a time when all clubs - not to mention the whole nation - no - make that the whole world are facing a much larger crisis - do your bit for the greater good and give the rest of us some peace as we try to tackle this unseen disease[/i]
In doing so please try to get the spelling of my christian name correct should you ever have the nerve to address me again on this board

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/03/2020 21:33 by Geoff Kennedy.

CharlieBravo
CharlieBravo
27 March, 2020 21:33
How dare you use the expression ďweĒ? Itís perfectly clear that you do not associate yourself with Coventry Rugby, complaining about what you consider to be erroneous accounts, falsified figures and false financial claims, to the extent that you are entirely negative and condemnatory, so for you to associate yourself with us regular and dedicated supporters is an affront, itís offensive and, worst of all, shows you up to be a remarkably immature and insensitive individual.
Please do everyone a favour and go as far away as itís possible for you to go. Take your hideous negativity with you and wallow in it. But leave the dedicated and devoted supporters of Cov alone.

albie
Geoff Kennedy
27 March, 2020 21:39
Well said Charlie.
You speak for the vast majority of decent supporters.

MESSAGES->author
Peter Redhead
28 March, 2020 13:39
I know that free speech gives one the right to state their opinion, but the crass comments from telly1 go beyond the bounds.
He makes these comments under the guise of anonymity, which is such a cowardly act.
Be a man and state you actual name.

covkid53
covkid53
28 March, 2020 15:06
Quote:
Peter Redhead
I know that free speech gives one the right to state their opinion, but the crass comments from telly1 go beyond the bounds.
He makes these comments under the guise of anonymity, which is such a cowardly act.
Be a man and state you actual name.

He is definitely someone from the club's past with an axe to grind. I suspect from the "Green" era, where is he these days I wonder ? Alternatively, a disgruntled SISU sympathiser who resents the rugby club being saved in part by the city council obtaining the BPA lease, or tee'd off that Jon Sharp refuses to join SISU against our landlord by allowing CCFC to play at the BPA.

Either way, the man's narrative is speculative and a total fabrication in my view.

Telly1.... Do one. Bye bye.

Moosemagic
Moosemagic
28 March, 2020 15:22
Gents

the only way to kill off trolls is not to reply to them, so i suggest that anything he posts is ignored and not replied to.

Phil Reynolds

Paul Ingleston
Paul Ingleston
28 March, 2020 15:41
Perhaps this might be the way:

ď There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.Ē

Oscar Wilde

CharlieBravo
CharlieBravo
28 March, 2020 16:40
Phil and Paul, youíre dead right. So as of now I shall let his rantings fall on deaf ears and simply pretend he doesnít exist.

CharlieBravo
CharlieBravo
28 March, 2020 16:42
In fact Iíll go further - I will not bother to read anything which he has posted.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net