Latest news:

Please read. How can you help our club?
Discussion started by covmick1/Michael Carter (IP Logged), 26 March, 2020 20:33
covmick1/Michael Carter
covmick1/Michael Carter
26 March, 2020 20:33
Good evening, Just been clapping for the NHS.

Well, how can WE help our club? The revenue stream is non-exsitant. So what can WE do? The club runs; a raffle on match days, Well done Louise Wilson. This is something from the past. WE as fans need to support OUR CLUB 12 months a year. So to improve this WE need to have something for the modern age. First, a promotors licence would be needed from Coventry City Council. I suggest an online pool/draw/raffle/Lottery or whatever, paid by BACS by the entrant. The fee and prise would be set by the club. As would the prizes. The fee for each person would I hope to start small so many people could be included. Many of you would probably say that it could not compete with the Euro/National lottery. Correct. But this is for your club starting out at a very trying and difficult time.

Now this board is read by people from the club JB and Chris Wearmouth. OK, I hope this is read and discussed by the club.

I am thinking that you have the basic idea now so over to YOU.

Now I ask fellow posters would you support this? Please say yes or no.

covmick/Michael Carter

allthegear
allthegear
26 March, 2020 22:18
It would be nice to be able to provide additional financial support to the club in any form.

Sam Skennel
Egg Timer
27 March, 2020 07:51
If people want to dob some money into the Cov club pot by paypal(??) - maybe Chris Wearmouth (did you used to be barfly???) could advise how people can contribute that way - I'll run a quiz with an entry fee, either a general knowledge type or a rugby law one.

No prizes, just for @#$%& and giggles

Mick J Shaw
Mick J Shaw
27 March, 2020 08:12
Quote:
covmick1/Michael Carter
Good evening, Just been clapping for the NHS.
Well, how can WE help our club? The revenue stream is non-exsitant. So what can WE do? The club runs; a raffle on match days, Well done Louise Wilson. This is something from the past. WE as fans need to support OUR CLUB 12 months a year. So to improve this WE need to have something for the modern age. First, a promotors licence would be needed from Coventry City Council. I suggest an online pool/draw/raffle/Lottery or whatever, paid by BACS by the entrant. The fee and prise would be set by the club. As would the prizes. The fee for each person would I hope to start small so many people could be included. Many of you would probably say that it could not compete with the Euro/National lottery. Correct. But this is for your club starting out at a very trying and difficult time.

Now this board is read by people from the club JB and Chris Wearmouth. OK, I hope this is read and discussed by the club.

I am thinking that you have the basic idea now so over to YOU.

Now I ask fellow posters would you support this? Please say yes or no.
Great idea count me in

Chris Wearmouth
Chris Wearmouth
27 March, 2020 09:20
Thanks for those ideas - we'll take a look at them! As Michael Carter has highlighted there is no cashflow coming in from matches, events, bars, etc, etc, and times are extremely tough, as we have hinted at with the petition about the insurance industry.

Sam Skennel
Egg Timer
27 March, 2020 10:44
What about a 500 club??

covmick1/Michael Carter
covmick1/Michael Carter
28 March, 2020 10:41
I am very disappointed that this has not caused more interest. Even if you post and say NO would be good. But I do hope the club looks at something like this for the future.

covmick/Michael Carter

albie
Geoff Kennedy
28 March, 2020 11:57
Michael,
I am sure that this subject is of interest and supporters are very much in limbo as regards this shocking virus and its affect on the wider community.
Your suggestion, as usual is based on your love for the club and is one which I will discuss with the Supporters club committee when next we meet.
We are all deply concerned about the current state of affairs my friend and no doubt we will all direct our attention to assisting our club in due course

poplarside
poplarside
28 March, 2020 12:21
i remember a past occasion when fans were trying to raise money for Cov a few supporters sold items on ebay (almost all items were Cov Rugby-related I recall) I wonder if any fans would be willing to raise funds again by this means?

Thanks Mick for getting a thread started to think-up ideas.

Daimh McSionnaig

Paul Ingleston
Paul Ingleston
28 March, 2020 15:15
Mick

Hope you are well . Although you seem disappointed that , your perception, that there is so little interest in your post, I think you may be a little premature. Many people are concerned at the situation and things are being discussed in the background, not on here. Rest assured people do care.
We also have to take into account other people’s personal situations and different circumstances. I personally would commit to a 200 or 500 club or Lottery, the obvious difficulty being the sorting of the promoter. If this could be sorted, count me in.
As regards Geoff’s suggestion of mentioning this at the next CRSC Committee meeting, CRSC will not be holding any meetings in the near future as we adhere to the Government guidelines of no more than 2 people gathering, our preferred location at a local pub also rules this out!
To this end , we will be moving to other types of communications starting next week and this will obviously be an agenda item for thoughts and discussion.
Coventry Rugby Supporters Club, as you obviously know, does what it says on the tin, we have always done so , and will continue to do so.
As in the past when the Coventry Club was in trouble, supporter’s bandied and pulled together for the common cause. This will be another time when we all show our support and passion.

Paul

Rob C
Rob C
28 March, 2020 17:36
I'll certainly consider helping where I can but, as has already been mentioned, a lot of supporters will currently be worried about their own health and personal finances much as the club's predicament is of concern to them.

I think minds will hopefully be more focussed in a few weeks time.

Coventrian Man
Coventrian Man
28 March, 2020 17:59
+1

longford tim
longford tim
28 March, 2020 20:28
Mick, you are a true Cov supporter, and I am sure all Cov fans admire your loyalty to the club. A good few years ago, Cov nearly went bust, we all know the story regarding this matter, and many supporters put their hands in their pockets to help out. This time around it is very different, and just about every club in the country, involving every sport you can think of is going through the same fate. It might take a month, might take 3 months, bloody hell it might take a year, but we will all get through it, and maybe come out stronger for it. Keep the faith mate

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net