Latest news:

Pete White post?
Discussion started by titchywinger (IP Logged), 10 May, 2020 00:12
titchywinger
titchywinger
10 May, 2020 00:12
It was around about this time last weekend that there was a thread about Pete White and his involvement with Broadstreet and Cov. There were a few replies on the subject, including one from myself. This thread now seems to have disappeared. Can anyone shed any light on this?

longford tim
longford tim
10 May, 2020 06:20
Maybe it was deemed as mere gossip without foundation, and no longer seemed of interest to anyone else. Any you tube clip regarding any Coventry RFC player is seen by some as a "Come and get me" message to other clubs, when in all truth, the clip could have been packaged by another source with nothing to do with the player at all. Goodness me, we don't know what funding will be available for whatever players we want to retain, move on, or bring in. It really is wait and see, and may be for a good few months yet. As a very full contact sport, a lot of things may be up in the air as to when we start again, which could mean no rugby union until a new vaccine is found to wipe out this awful virus. My advice is, don't build your hopes up too soon, and be patient

captainscarlet
bigm/ mark harrison.
10 May, 2020 11:21
thank goodness for an air of reality

Cov_InPeace
Cov_InPeace
10 May, 2020 14:42
It wasn’t moderated by me.

There are some others with moderator rights on the board, but if anyone is moderating stuff I’d rather they do so in the thread and explain the reasons, please.

In essence, if it’s legal and decent, and doesn’t resort to personal attacks, then I wouldn’t expect to see it moderated. Please feel free to repost if it meets those criteria...

Russ.

MESSAGES->author
Kimbo
10 May, 2020 17:25
Nor me...

MESSAGES->author
Kimbo
10 May, 2020 17:42
Looking at the Mods list, there are only two I would expect to intervene, but there is one that I'm not sure of.
Dave or James, I would doubt, even though both are still listed.
The only other possibility would be an external complaint from someone to Sportnetwork that they have reacted to and deleted the thread, but that seems very unlikely.
Last time I looked at the thread I saw nothing contentious, but that's not to say something wasn't added after that point
Very odd.

HoboAl
HoboAl
10 May, 2020 19:13
Could it be the person who started the thread just decided to delete it?

MESSAGES->author
Kimbo
10 May, 2020 21:14
Not thought about it Al, and without logging out as a Mod I can't quickly check, but I don't think you would be able to delete a thread whether an OP or not.
I think only a Mod could do that.

sk
rustyroof
11 May, 2020 14:27
Wasn't me. I signed off as a moderator, although I still seem to have moderator permissions. (I signed up as a mod when Russ took over. The only "moderating" I have done is removing duplicate messages when someone accidentally send a message more than once.)

MESSAGES->author
Kimbo
11 May, 2020 15:02
You're not listed as a Mod Rusty. I removed you from the list when you requested it.

sk
rustyroof
11 May, 2020 15:47
I still get delete,merge etc options displayed, Kimbo. Plus admin permissions status in my profile.

MESSAGES->author
Kimbo
11 May, 2020 16:15
Very strange that. I can only reiterate that you're not listed, and therefore have no idea how that can be.
I assume you've logged out and in since? (Not that that ought to make that much difference, but I can't think of anything else to suggest!).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net