Latest news:

Cancer research
Discussion started by Moosemagic (IP Logged), 23 July, 2020 21:03
Moosemagic
Moosemagic
23 July, 2020 21:03
Phil's Cycle 300 Challenge
During the lock down I purchased a bike and started to cycle, however, when I saw the Cycle 300 challenge for Cancer research, even though, at 59 years of age and carrying a bit/lot of timber, I thought why not?
A couple of years ago Coventry Rugby decided to do a 10k charity walk for Zoe’s place, a local children’s hospice. I took part in this event on behalf of CRSC and thoroughly enjoyed it and we managed to raise a goodly sum of money for the hospice.
So, this September, before the end of the month, I will complete 300 miles on my bike for Cancer Research UK. Come rain or shine I will pedal my way to 300 miles, not all in one go but over the month.
I would imagine that all of us know someone who has passed away or been affected by Cancer and obviously through the COV-ID pandemic funding to these charities has reduced enormously.
I will be doing this challenge with the full backing of Coventry Rugby Club and the CRSC, for which I am truly appreciative.
I know recent times have been tough for many, but every penny makes a huge difference to vital cancer research so, if you can, please show your support and follow the link below to my donation page. Any and all donations are gratefully received.

[fundraise.cancerresearchuk.org]

If people want to join in with this effort then please feel free to contact me and we could possibly set up a Team, please Email: phil_reynolds@sky.com

Look out for further news flashes over the coming weeks

Kind Regards

Phil Reynolds

Edit: Made sticky

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/07/2020 08:44 by Kimbo.

Moosemagic
Moosemagic
24 July, 2020 23:34
Hey

to you boys who have already thrown your hat in the ring, it is very much appreciated cheers guys.

Regards Phil.

For you others, the link is here.........go on it all counts.

Moosemagic
Moosemagic
26 July, 2020 12:21
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Alyg1azmJdVrkw3BHsMEuRMsjT7r?e=gWGOfa

Sunday morning training......20 miles 1 hour 37 mins.

A big thank you to those who have supported me so far.

Phil Reynolds

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/07/2020 12:22 by Moosemagic.

CharlieBravo
CharlieBravo
26 July, 2020 16:53
Keep it up Phil. Presumably there’s a pint waiting for you at the end of each session!?

Moosemagic
Moosemagic
26 July, 2020 20:09
Cliff, that would be telling, however without giving too much away, a table had been reserved in the Oak pub......(Sm128)

Moosemagic
Moosemagic
28 July, 2020 12:03
Tuesday training session, 22 miles, 1 hour 51 mins, slightly different route.
Gentle breeze the weather men said.....wow, hate to be out when its windy lol

Again a big shout out to all who have donated, it is really appreciated in these tough times.

Phil Reynolds

Moosemagic
Moosemagic
29 July, 2020 23:15
Good catch up tonight with the Paul and Quent.

As Dylan said, "Times they are a changing"

But you can still support Cancer research by following this link.

More info to follow.

Phil Reynolds

Moosemagic
Moosemagic
29 July, 2020 23:23
And, by the way, two wonderful gentleman GerK (Rearrange the initials) thought it was a worthwhile cause, and threw some money at it.
Gents, thank you.

Come on Cov, lets smash it.

Wow, when i wrote this post i never realised what the acronym spelt, it is in no means intended, but non the less i have left it, because it is funny.

If you boys recognise yourselves and feel it should be changed please PM me.....

We are Cov.

Phil Reynolds

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/07/2020 23:31 by Moosemagic.

Moosemagic
Moosemagic
31 July, 2020 10:57
Happy Friday you wonderful generous people.

My initial target was £150, this was surpassed so i raised it to £250.
Today i had a anonymous deposit, which took me over the £250 mark so again i have raised my total, this time to £300.

To all who have supported this cause so far, thank you all very much.

Remember any and all donations are greatly received, a few quid or twenty quid it all adds up.

Phil Reynolds

Moosemagic
Moosemagic
05 August, 2020 16:55
[www.coventryrugby.co.uk]

Thanks to Chris for putting this on the website.

Phil Reynolds

Moosemagic
Moosemagic
05 August, 2020 23:38
Wow, guys, gals, thank you.

By name or Anonymous it really means so much. People who i don't even know throwing money in the bucket is massively appreciated.

Oh and by the way, new team members to be name soon..........

Every penny helps, spread the word.

[www.coventryrugby.co.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net