Latest news:

Yorkshire Carnegie
Discussion started by CharlieBravo (IP Logged), 02 September, 2020 11:50
CharlieBravo
CharlieBravo
02 September, 2020 11:50
After a pretty dismal, albeit truncated, season they have changed their name (again) to Leeds Tykes, which at least has some relevance to their location. Having said that, they’re not going to be based at the Carnegie stadium, going instead to a local rugby ground. And the thing that puzzles me is that Phil Davies will continue to be the head honcho despite what’s been happening to the club over recent seasons. As before, on several occasions, it’s the supporters for whom I feel sorry because the “changes” appear to be only cosmetic.

MESSAGES->author
Kimbo
02 September, 2020 19:52
These least surprising news ever? winking smiley

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
03 September, 2020 19:02
Hi Almo originally from Nuneaton here to defend the rugby club formerly known as ....well you get the drift! (Sm100)
Leeds Tykes was our original name, and we spent, I think, 8 seasons in the Premiership with that moniker under Phil Davies, Stuart Lancaster and Neil Back. So not really "yet another name change", surely?
Phil Davies only came back to the club at the back end of last season, so tarnishing him with the recent failings are, to say the least, a tad unfair IMHO.
The "local rugby ground", i.e. West Park, is where England trained for a week prior to the 6Nations a few years ago, so, if its good enough for England.......plus we also used to play the odd cup game there.

We supporters are just glad that the club appears to still exist. smiling smiley

CharlieBravo
CharlieBravo
04 September, 2020 08:20
Welcome, almo, and thanks for the points you make which, coming from a long suffering supporter, are respected.
I hadn’t appreciated that Phil Davies only came back to the club at the end of last season. Maybe, in that case, he might be the catalyst for an improvement in your fortunes.
In any event, best wishes for the future.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
04 September, 2020 18:31
Thanks CB, we need all the help we can get!

And good luck to Cov in these tricky times. smiling smiley

longford tim
longford tim
05 September, 2020 11:19
Good luck to all clubs in the trying times we are all enduring at present. I would hate to see any club go the same way as London Welsh

steve from cov
steve from cov
06 September, 2020 00:13
Best wishes to Leeds Tykes.

They have produced some top players over the years and I always keep an eye on their results.

West Yorkshire needs a big team.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net