Latest news:

Bristol and Exeter
Discussion started by CharlieBravo (IP Logged), 17 October, 2020 07:57
CharlieBravo
CharlieBravo
17 October, 2020 07:57
Can I use this board to convey my congratulations to Bristol for their win last night. Under Pat Lam they have become a different team, playing very attractive rugby and, in my opinion, fully deserving their win last night. Unfortunately Henry Purdy was injured and wasnt in the squad.
Now for Exeter this evening.

longford tim
longford tim
17 October, 2020 08:00
Such a shame Will Hurrell had such a bad injury and was forced to retire. I would love to have seen him as part of the squad and lifting the trophy

MESSAGES->author
Kimbo
17 October, 2020 08:51
Oh for a billionaire to land in our car park.

No, seriously, I always considered Bris to be the team I would support if I was enough of a butterfly to need to follow rugby at that level. They always came over as a down-to-earth sort of club; the kind I like.
I even sold a house to one of their former players in 2004!
So, well done to them.
I just hope it doesn't go to their heads any more than it has to...

Wazeroonie
Wazeroonie
17 October, 2020 08:51
Well done to Bristol, they wont be able to properly celebrate their well earned victory yet as they might have to play in Wasps place next weekend. Fingers crossed they do.

Tom Kessell played last night, only came on for a few minutes but he is now a European final winner. Congrats.

Heath Stevens tweeted this morning:

...Tom Kessell was labouring on a building site 2 months ago, after leaving Coventry RFC.... has now got a European winners medal. Fully deserved, legend!

CharlieBravo
CharlieBravo
17 October, 2020 20:12
Well done Exeter. Im really pleased for them.

jnjmaxwell@hotmail.com
Maxee
18 October, 2020 11:07
The case for a strong championship that contributes to the wider game is strengthened as both European Cup winners were in it not too long ago! Tom Kessel appearing in one. In the same week, a former Cov loanee is named RPA player of the year and another is named in the England squad (admittedly both appeared in NL1 not the Championship). Im sure other Championship/ NL1 clubs could add similar examples of players once in their ranks now gracing bigger stages.

Well done to both Bristol and Exeter.

John Butler
John Butler
19 October, 2020 09:45
I could not be more pleased for Exeter Chiefs, really hoping they do complete the double on Saturday !
Having been privileged to meet both Rob Baxter & Chairman Tony Rowe CBE in person, they fully deserve all the accolades going their way.
I just hope Rob & Richie's Dad John was still around to enjoy it. When I was representing Cov at Championship meetings, John was Exeter's representative, a former lock forward himself. A lovely man.
So, to all those pushing for ring fencing, together with Bristol, two great answers in support of those of us who want to see ambition & true competition continuing.

CharlieBravo
CharlieBravo
25 October, 2020 12:35
Double champions! Sincere congrats Exeter.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net