Latest news:

Stats   Profiles  Devon Rugby  HomePage Scorers

Twickenham Tickets?
Discussion started by OneEyedJack (IP Logged), 17 May, 2008 18:07
OneEyedJack
OneEyedJack
17 May, 2008 18:07
Congratulations to Devon. Another final at Twickenham.

Tickets are available for the England v BaBa's via ticketmaster but are very expensive and there only seems to be certain areas left (top tier!) which is a bit unfair for those only really interested in the Devon match! I am not prepared to pay 55 to sit in the top tier of an empty Twickenham to watch Devon lift the cup in my white and green hooped Devon jersey.

I would assume that there will be some reserved for sale by the Devon RFU and want to know how I can get hold of two. Any advice or ideas?

Yelverton Albion
Yelverton Albion
17 May, 2008 18:13
Get the cheapest available and migrate to the better seaTS as there are no checks once admitted

OneEyedJack
OneEyedJack
17 May, 2008 19:18
Well... according to Ticketmaster the cheapest available are the 55 top tier seats.

The last time I was at Twickenham there was numerous checks once in the consourse with stewards on each entrance directing people to where their ticket is for! With people then beginning to come in for the main feature of the day (England v Baba's) there will be less scope to do this.

I grant you that normally there is a half empty stadium for the County Championship finals but this year they have tagged it on to an England match which means the arrangements etc are going to be very different to what people that usually attend are used to.

Surely Devon RFU must have some allocated to them for general sale - I just don't know where to access them!

Yelverton Albion
Yelverton Albion
17 May, 2008 19:33
How about Tom Bedford signing for Albon next season?

Yelverton Albion
Yelverton Albion
17 May, 2008 19:58
What was the score in the Somerset vs Middlesex game?

MESSAGES->author
BALION PREDATOR
17 May, 2008 20:45
Somerset 37 - 17 Middlesex.

Devon v Yorkshire Final. Bill Beaumont cup.

Cornwall v Northumbria Final. Plate.

stonehousealbion
stonehousealbion
17 May, 2008 20:54
Definitely lower tiers and prices available via Ticketmaster at the moment, but for how long?

hills18
hills22
17 May, 2008 21:02
35.00 ones are available at the moment in the middle tier of the North Stand from Ticketmaster.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/05/2008 21:07 by hills18.

OneEyedJack
OneEyedJack
17 May, 2008 21:04
I have had this problem with ticketmaster before where it's best possible options are not the best possible options! I have again checked and I am being offered different best available options to those I was being offered last week/last month and even earlier today. I understand that seats sell and the options will change but why am I now being offered better seats than I was six weeks ago? I have even turned up on the day before (Twickenham and the Millennium Stadium) and secured better tickets than available on Ticketmaster!

If someone can secure a block of seats in the lower tier and ensure that a group of Devon supporters can all sit together and be heard then I would definately be interested.

MESSAGES->author
noibla
17 May, 2008 21:35
Keith is hoping to do just that OEJ, lets hope he has good luck, but he has to know how many are travelling on the coach I guess very dodgy.

The club (albion) aren't any help I dont think, not interested in the county like that, or should it come from devon rfc bet they don't do it either.

Semper Sersum.

hills18
hills22
18 May, 2008 14:16
I have found information about tickets on the Cornwall Rugby website. I dont know whether it means you have to pay two different prices for tickets if you want to see the County finals and the England match.

[www.cornwall-rfu.org.uk].

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/05/2008 16:13 by hills18.

MESSAGES->author
Cider Drinker
18 May, 2008 16:12
wow - wonder how their going to 'kick' people out after the county games? - how they checking?

(Sm129) Don't let anything get in the way of a good game of Rugby

stonehousealbion
stonehousealbion
18 May, 2008 17:57
All they have to do is ask them to go to the access areas and then show the correct ticket to regain admission. Why not just have the one ticket to access all the games? Or did we miss a trick with the Apprentices game?

MESSAGES->author
Cider Drinker
18 May, 2008 18:20
think they did miss gaining a couple of quid
as for twickers.. in theory, you can be in one seat for county game and then have to 'move' seats for the other game
'when the music stops....'

hills18
hills22
19 May, 2008 11:49
Seems like one ticket will cover the three games after all.

[www.cornwall-rfu.org.uk].

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/05/2008 11:49 by hills18.

MESSAGES->author
Cider Drinker
19 May, 2008 13:58
due to PPP i'm in Liverpool that weekend, will have to get someone to text me the score

Lairdess
Lairdess
19 May, 2008 15:40
Seems to me the RFU are doing the usual money grabbing thing.

Do they really even care about the County Final, those players and supporters who couldn't book tickets before because no one knew who would be playing.

Surely if they really wanted to support us they could have designated certain areas for County supporters and left those tickets out of the greater equation.

I thoroughly enjoyed last years game, the drive up was easy and the County game was better than the Saxons.

Still it seems the grass roots players and supporters are penalised, sadly.

black&gold
black and gold
19 May, 2008 19:21
I think you'll find that for the Shield and County Final you will be allowed access to the West Lower Stand for those games only irrespective of what ticket you have, naturally you will have to use your designated seat for the England game.

If you want info better to check the Trelawny's Army site rather than the CRFU one, Dawsey does.

Good to think that next season it will be the good old south west group of Cornwall, Devon Gloucestershire and Somerset, for one season at least!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/05/2008 20:21 by black and gold.

OneEyedJack
OneEyedJack
19 May, 2008 19:22
I totally agree Lairdess.

This stinks and is unfair on those with the primary interest of County rugby. I grant you that if I pay 35 for a ticket I will watch the Barbarians match but it is a bit unfair that the County supporter has no other option.

I have no objection to batching up various competitions and filling Twickenham and giving the supporter the option of watching multiple games including the one they are interested in. I just don't think that the England matches are the right ones to marry the County Championship with. At least, not without reserving a batch of perhaps 1600 seats in a favourable position to be distributed between the four teams contesting the County finals. Would that have been too much to ask in an 80000 seater stadium?

MESSAGES->author
Frank S
21 May, 2008 10:08
Check out the other thread.

You can get tickets at rduced prices!

But you have to act quick!

Your Name: 
Subject: 
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net