Latest news:

Jimmy Peters - BBC Radio Documentary
Discussion started by stonehousealbion (IP Logged), 25 September, 2019 06:33
stonehousealbion
stonehousealbion
25 September, 2019 06:33
BBC Rugby

A long overdue account of "our" Jimmy Peters' career/life (- but it would seem that Bristol probably see it the same way). Haven't had a chance to listen to it yet.

"Listen to the full documentary with John Inverdale on BBC Radio Bristol from 18:00 BST on Tuesday, 24 September, and for up to 30 days afterwards on BBC Sounds.

Researched and produced by BBC Radio Bristol's Tom Ryan."

Come cheer up, my lads - 'tis to glory we steer!

MESSAGES->author
Dewnansek
25 September, 2019 12:47
I knew of Jimmy Peters as the first person of colour to play for England, but had forgotten the links to Plymouth. I didn't realise the Springboks were so controversial even then.

I also didn't know about his involvement in the early days of rugby league.

Also a "gentleman teetotal publican". Not many of those around!!

MESSAGES->author
noibla
25 September, 2019 17:34
A well worth while listen about one of our very first International players and a very comprehensive research to boot.
Must toast him in our very own "Jimmy Peters" bar next time.

Semper Sersum.

Your Name: 
Subject: 
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net