Chinnor T 34   Cambridge T 22
Cinderford T 24   Old Elthamians L 18
Darlington Mowden Park T 66   Birmingham Moseley 8
Hull Ionians 7   Sale FC T 36
Rams T 27   Rosslyn Park L 20
Richmond TL 30   Plymouth Albion T 31

Forthcoming Fixtures
Date Rnd
07/12/2019 14 Birmingham Moseley (13th) v   Chinnor (6th)
Cambridge (12th) v   Richmond (1st)
Canterbury (16th) v   Cinderford (5th)
Darlington Mowden Park (7th) v   Blackheath (4th)
Old Elthamians (8th) v   Rotherham (14th)
Plymouth Albion (11th) v   Hull Ionians (15th)
Rosslyn Park (2nd) v   Bishops Stortford (10th)
Sale FC (9th) v   Rams (3rd)
Sat 7 Dec 15:00
Albion v Hull Ionians
National 1
Pos Team Pld Pts
9 Sale FC 13 35
10 Bishops Stortford 13 35
11 Plymouth Albion 13 34
12 Cambridge 13 30
13 Birmingham Moseley 13 29
Plymouth Albion Ladies 15
Cullompton Ladies 17
Sun 15 Dec 14:00
CUP: Cullompton v Plymouth Albion
Women's Championship South West 2
Pos Team Pld Pts
4 Newbury Ladies 7 19
5 Portsmouth Valkeries 7 18
6 Plymouth Albion Ladies 7 10
7 Teddington Antlers 7 9
8 Ellingham & Ringwood Ladies 7 3

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Gully
Discussion started by lobina (IP Logged), 25 November, 2019 19:08
MESSAGES->author
lobina
25 November, 2019 19:08
Anyone know why Ben has been suspended?

baatalbion
baatalbion
27 November, 2019 08:19
WHAT! SUSPENDED!!! What's going on?!!

Dave G/w
Dave G/w
27 November, 2019 08:20
Who is in charge in the meantime?

Commando joe
Commando joe
27 November, 2019 08:55
Must have upset someone 🤔🤔

MESSAGES->author
Dewnansek
27 November, 2019 09:49
Suspended? Is this a temporary suspension and if so, for how long?
Most importantly, why?

No news on the offy site or twitter page that I can see.

Dave g/w
Dave g/w
27 November, 2019 10:22
This isnít looking good , no news coming out, long list of player injuries , now this. The club is in free fall. Just hope players donít jump ship, looks like a relegation battle is on the clubs hands

Commando joe
Commando joe
27 November, 2019 11:52
Dave g/w not sure if the club is in free fall. Difficult to prevent injuries to players in todayís game.
If there are problems we should support the club which might in some way prevent a relegation battle .

baatalbion
baatalbion
27 November, 2019 12:35
I agree, Commando Joe. This is definitely the time to get behind the squad in particular to show them we appreciate what they do week in, week out. Although we may be in 13th position there are only a handful of points between us and the top six or seven. We need a bit more luck on the injury front and some spirited away wins.

Argentina Exile
Argentina Exile
27 November, 2019 13:03
Agree with the above posts. The club needs support.
However, it could help itself with more disclosure.

ianbol
ianbol
27 November, 2019 13:57
If the club are being tight lipped and no mention on the website, how then did BBC get the news for Monday's Spotlight evening news ? Is there a link between this and the Club's official statement which is non it's website.

Dave g/w
Dave g/w
27 November, 2019 13:57
Yes your right , just hope club can turn things around with help and support, so we know who at the moment is leading the club? I shall be at Saturdays game against Richmond, looking forward to it. Last time Albion played there, they came away with a win.

Commando Joe
Commando Joe
27 November, 2019 15:26
Unfortunately due to work canít make Saturday , thoughts with the boys against a very good Richmond set up. I know the team appreciate the support from you very loyal travelling supporters.
Enjoy your trip and hopefully a good game.

MESSAGES->author
lobina
27 November, 2019 19:04
An update on the injury front would not go amiss.

MESSAGES->author
Igwok Dominus
30 November, 2019 09:50
Rightly or wrongly, one is going to make the connection with the club statement in last week's program and the official site.

Also, as not an RFU sanction (as yet) this is either a club issue, or pre-emptive pending an RFU hearing.

My body is a temple - I desecrate it every day(Sm63)

The Joy of Level 7
The Joy of Level 7
30 November, 2019 09:56
On last nightís Spotlight they said the suspension was due to an off the field matter following the DMP game. The club notice related to the Blackheath game I think.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/11/2019 09:57 by The Joy of Level 7.

Sid62
Sid62
30 November, 2019 10:45
Believe he is not the only one suspended , Muggy also and should have been more but need players

DenG
DenG
30 November, 2019 15:15
Is this gossip or a reliable source!!!!!

stonehousealbion
stonehousealbion
01 December, 2019 00:19
If BG's sojourn (rumoured to be two weeks/matches) is an internal sanction for avoidable poor team performance away at DMP, you have to wonder how much gardening Moseley's top dog will be doing over the next month or so.

49-22 v 66-8; just saying...

Come cheer up, my lads - 'tis to glory we steer!

MESSAGES->author
lobina
01 December, 2019 02:58
I am at a loss to know what is going on, a little information would not go amiss.

Sid62
Sid62
01 December, 2019 20:10
Very reliable resource.
Actions disrespectful to our club.
Really makes you wonder what is going on.

DenG
DenG
02 December, 2019 01:20
Quote:
Sid62
Very reliable resource.
Actions disrespectful to our club.
Really makes you wonder what is going on.

If itís serious enough to suspend Gully, and you say Muggy aswell, how come others involved werenít suspended. All sounds pretty suspicious to me. Sure youíve got that right?

baatalbion
baatalbion
02 December, 2019 07:49
Hopefully, the Club will make an honest statement this week to inform us about the situation without compromising any investigation that might be on-going. Surely someone can find the right combination of words that will satisfy the need for the all-important supporter base to receive some level of information without jeopardising what is obviously a very delicate situation. Understandably, not easy for those in charge to strike this balance. STILL CAN'T BELIEVE THE WONDERFUL WIN AGAINST RICHMOND ON SATURDAY!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2019 17:24 by baatalbion.

stonehousealbion
stonehousealbion
02 December, 2019 09:37
"STILL CAN'T BELIEVE THE WONDERFUL WIN AGAINST ROSSLYN PARK ON SATURDAY!"

Blimey! After beating Richmond, as well... winking smiley

Come cheer up, my lads - 'tis to glory we steer!

MESSAGES->author
Dewnansek
02 December, 2019 11:08
From Albion's match report on the BRILLIANT Richmond win

"With Director of Rugby Nigel Sparrow taking charge of the fixture in the absence of Ben Gulliver"

SHA indicated in his match synopsis (see other thread) that Herbie was the most noticeable sideline participant.

Whoever it was, somebody deserves credit for a great win.

baatalbion
baatalbion
02 December, 2019 17:25
Thank SHA, post corrected!!

Cynical Sid
Cynical Sid
03 December, 2019 14:15
Whatever is the reason it is none of our business. Like it or not Albion is a business and as such business decisions are usually confidential. If you did something wrong at work, would you want everyone to know!
I can hear the cries now about paying our money, our team etc. but we can't expect to be notified of everything. We are not shareholders.

MESSAGES->author
Dewnansek
03 December, 2019 15:29
Quote:
Cynical Sid
Whatever is the reason it is none of our business. Like it or not Albion is a business and as such business decisions are usually confidential. If you did something wrong at work, would you want everyone to know!
I can hear the cries now about paying our money, our team etc. but we can't expect to be notified of everything. We are not shareholders.

Respectfully disagree.
These days, boards have responsibilities to all stakeholders not just shareholders.
Stakeholders include employees, the government and the community - anyone affected by the club.
I agree that confidential detail should not be released, but a statement about the duration of the suspensions, who is suspended, and a broad outline of why would be expected.
Actually, it would be in the shareholders interest to have the paying public onside.

MESSAGES->author
noibla
03 December, 2019 16:39
Sound reasoning Dewnansek. thumbs down

Semper Sersum.

MESSAGES->author
BALION PREDATOR
03 December, 2019 16:45
Ben will be as passionate about things in the same way as any one else .

Individuals express in different ways if not at all , but the bottom line is being passionate about things which Ben , management ,players and supporters are all in that together .

Cut some slack , let it take it's course , but most of all keep the support going .thumbs down

(Sm72)

Plymouth Bred , Plymouth Born .

C'mon Albiiioooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

ianbol
ianbol
03 December, 2019 20:15
With the increasing lack of club infomatiom I feel more and more like a customer and less and less like a supporter.

baatalbion
baatalbion
04 December, 2019 07:17
Very much agree there, Ianbol, nicely put. Wasn't going to reply to Cynical Sid, didn't think I had the words but there's another dimension or two to the business of Albion that must be taken into account if it's going to flourish. The most important is to recognise the supporters' passion and emotional engagement towards Albion that is not needed in other businesses. The Club won't exist without the supporters, you can't ignore them completely. The supporters of Albion are not clinical, detached shareholders, there is much more to it than that. They have to be kept on board somehow, in some way, not left in the dark, despite the complexities of the matter and the legalities involved. The right words for an appropriate statement can be found, tricky and delicate though it might be.

DenG
DenG
04 December, 2019 10:33
ĎMutual consentí!! Didntít see that coming.

Good Luck Gully.

MESSAGES->author
BALION PREDATOR
04 December, 2019 11:41
Agree to disagree , will the next departure please turn the lights out , (Sm124)(Sm125)(Sm124)

(Sm72)

Plymouth Bred , Plymouth Born .

C'mon Albiiioooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

DenG
DenG
04 December, 2019 16:06
Rarely does Ďmutual consentí mean mutual consent. The club obviously had something on him that he couldnít fight. I still donít get how this incident could be bad enough to sack some individuals but not bad enough to warrant even an investigation for others. The cynical side of me wonders if it would have been considered so serious if the team were nearer the top of the table? I know itís a business but in any business, it is really rare that one disciplinary incident (even if it could be considered gross misconduct) results in the sack unless the company are trying to get rid of you anyway. There is always a choice of sanctions available.

I donít hold out much hope for Muggy. Serious injury = canít play = expensive resource. You could say the sensible financial decision would be to sack him too. His passion for the club doesnít bring in the cash.

baatalbion
baatalbion
04 December, 2019 16:38
It's going to be interesting to see how the vital role of Head Coach is going to be filled for the remainder of the season. Sad to see that a reconciliation couldn't be reached. All we can do now is to continue to put our support behind the squad and staff. What lies ahead I wonder?

Commando joe
Commando joe
04 December, 2019 18:40
Pleased to see a club statement and update. Also pleased the club and Mr Gulliver agreed to the outcome of whatever happened. The club statement was brief but clear and should, and did not go into details that would have an effect on mr Gulliver future employment in our sport of rugby.
Many will want to the nitty gritties, but the outcome should be accepted by the boards decision.
The club and the young squad of players now need our support to get on with the season.

MESSAGES->author
noibla
04 December, 2019 21:03
[www.plymouthalbion.com]

Semper Sersum.

Albifun
Albifun
05 December, 2019 09:07
Quote:
DenG
Rarely does Ďmutual consentí mean mutual consent. The club obviously had something on him that he couldnít fight. I still donít get how this incident could be bad enough to sack some individuals but not bad enough to warrant even an investigation for others. The cynical side of me wonders if it would have been considered so serious if the team were nearer the top of the table? I know itís a business but in any business, it is really rare that one disciplinary incident (even if it could be considered gross misconduct) results in the sack unless the company are trying to get rid of you anyway. There is always a choice of sanctions available.
I donít hold out much hope for Muggy. Serious injury = canít play = expensive resource. You could say the sensible financial decision would be to sack him too. His passion for the club doesnít bring in the cash.

An insightful post.

Drakes drum
Drakes drum
05 December, 2019 09:58
Albifun.
As you say an insightful post/hazarding a guess call it what you like, but by all accounts completely wrong.
It seems a serious breach of club protocol and poor decision making by some employees resulted in this sad affair.
I would hope that as supporters we understand the club and employees in question have to conduct themselves appropriately during any disciplinary action and as such statements from either parties are kept to the bare bones.

Albifun
Albifun
05 December, 2019 10:42
Drakes drum

You say 'by all accounts' but unless you are part of the management of the club you will not have access to all accounts and if you are part of said management or perhaps a mouthpiece for same then you have a side to spin.

Either way your view holds no greater validity than that of DenG.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Subject: 
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net