Cinderford 20   Darlington Mowden Park L 14
Hull Ionians P   Blackheath P
Old Elthamians TL 25   Cambridge T 28
Rams L 17   Richmond 22
Rosslyn Park T 40   Sale FC 21
Rotherham 22   Birmingham Moseley 2

Forthcoming Fixtures
Date Rnd
25/01/2020 20 Birmingham Moseley (13th) v   Old Elthamians (7th)
Blackheath (5th) v   Sale FC (11th)
Cambridge (8th) v   Canterbury (16th)
Chinnor (4th) v   Cinderford (10th)
Darlington Mowden Park (6th) v   Rotherham (14th)
Hull Ionians (15th) v   Rams (2nd)
Plymouth Albion (9th) v   Rosslyn Park (1st)
Richmond (3rd) v   Bishops Stortford (12th)
Sat 25 Jan 15:00
Albion v Rosslyn Park
National 1
Pos Team Pld Pts
7 Old Elthamians 19 53
8 Cambridge 19 53
9 Plymouth Albion 19 53
10 Cinderford 18 52
11 Sale FC 19 48
Plymouth Albion Ladies 30
Teddington Antlers 17
Sun 26 Jan 14:00
Guildford Gazelles v Plymouth Albion
Women's Championship South West 2
Pos Team Pld Pts
4 Newbury Ladies 10 27
5 Portsmouth Valkeries 9 22
6 Plymouth Albion Ladies 9 20
7 Teddington Antlers 10 11
8 Ellingham & Ringwood Ladies 10 9

2020: What can we hope for?
Discussion started by baatalbion (IP Logged), 28 December, 2019 18:49
baatalbion
baatalbion
28 December, 2019 18:49
A difficult end to 2019, what does the next year hold for us?

Hopefully, we've stabilised matters off the field and we can now hope to establish some dominance at home at least. A top six finish would be good considering where we are at the moment. Perhaps the second half of the season is all about setting the foundations for next season?

Albi-Quin
Albi-Quin
28 December, 2019 19:23
Quote:
baatalbion
A difficult end to 2019, what does the next year hold for us?
Hopefully, we've stabilised matters off the field and we can now hope to establish some dominance at home at least. A top six finish would be good considering where we are at the moment. Perhaps the second half of the season is all about setting the foundations for next season?

Think this has been copied from every New Years post for the last 15 years!

MESSAGES->author
lobina
29 December, 2019 03:27
Cheaper beer and the return of Pilgrim pasties.
Also a tightening up of the defence.

Commando joe
Commando joe
29 December, 2019 09:18
Logins, £3-50 a pint from 12 TIL kick off is a good deal , admitted after the game prices go up ,
But be fair the club is high maintenance with the facilities and a squad to stay in the league.
Our support is needed if we are to stay in the National leagues.

stonehousealbion
stonehousealbion
29 December, 2019 12:07
We've reached the stage where there should be some expectation to go with all the "hope".

1. Coach and squad have pedigree and/or previous form . We should expect that to translate into form and league position.

2. "the club is high maintenance" - agreed. Just look at some of the opposition set-ups. But we should expect PARFC to treat the non-hospitality customers a little more respect. We may not spend as much dosh as the Bidfood crowd, but we're spending our dosh and often enough it's hand in pocket months in advance. Decent staffing/service/fare (13.30 - 18.30?) and moderate prices throughout are reasonable expectations in return for an increased spend/gate.

3. Expectation management - look at the opposition again. Currently or potentially, we are not a Champ side. Even if promoted, many (majority?) of the squad could/would not go pro. We are the wrong end of the country to expect the cream of Level 3 players to beat a path to our door. We do very well on the back of the Chiefs DRs, but that is a two-edged sword. Get used to Nat 1 until there is a major upturn in Albion finances or less-burdened clubs up the line trim their salary budgets.

The Shepherd has left; let's hope the wise folk wise up.

Here endeth the rant.

Come cheer up, my lads - 'tis to glory we steer!

MESSAGES->author
Dewnansek
29 December, 2019 17:55
I hope for greater consistency (on the good side), less errors, better decision making and a mid-table finish.

I would want the club to have momentum going into the 20/21 season.

Commando Joe
Commando Joe
30 December, 2019 12:14
Stonehouse, myself and partner have been supporting Albion for many seasons, never had a problem with staff or management when not in hospitality. Admitted some bar staff are young and inexperienced but always polite. Always a great day out whatever the result.👍👍🍷

hills18
hills22
30 December, 2019 22:54
What can we hope for?! To finish as high up as possible I guess.
Strange season with change of coaches etc, do we now have a bedding in period again for new coach or will we hit ground running. Suppose at this stage of season team etc know each other more. Two games and a Christmas break hopefully set us up for this next run of games, time to see/ think about whatís what. Rams result may have just been game too far with changes etc that happened in the weeks before.

MESSAGES->author
Dewnansek
31 December, 2019 13:44
What can we hope for??

Bagpipes, Haggis and WHISKEY?

[www.plymouthalbion.com]

Seems odd to have a Burns night and be drinking the Irish stuff, but who am I to question

(Sm11)

Anonexpert2
Anonexpert2
04 January, 2020 12:36
AnonExpert2
AnonExpert2
04/01/2020 12:16
If not top six, which rightly or wrongly is where we think we should be, then comfortably mid table with passionate home wins keeping the crowds stable. Away performances continue to disappoint.
We love going to Brickfields and I still imagine our support as the noisiest in the league which somehow lends a certain on-field expectation. Our away support is much documented and lauded. Long may that continue and thanks to the work load that goes in to that.
After a two week build up, home match days acquire a certain emptiness at full-time and personally I clamour for CityBus post-match connection to help elongate the fans together experience. I then miss the comedy and drama afforded by our wonderful merry band around the ground until next time. I don't stay at the ground because I don't really drink and maybe the marquees lack the intimacy of a packed and chattering cosy bar . Let's pop to Richmond a few weeks back. Winning was a joy as were our fans throughout. But there were 6 games going on in the vicinity of the double roomed clubhouse. With players, families and supporters packing the basic but cosy bars, atmosphere and cash was everywhere. Food as much as beer.
Creating a longer inclusive match day experience could only bond the club together. How? No idea but a round table discussion.......
Increasingly there seems scant drip feed of official social media. To keep the public/live supporters connected and therefore maintaining an interest. Building an audience is key. Ask any business. Albion's on-line presence isn't much fun. Argyle fans probably click in couple times a day.... just saying.
National 1 is a grand old league. Some tough teams with admirable collectivity : Cinderford, Old Elts, Rams and Chinnor. New clubs on the block but easily an on-field match for us. There is the inevitable chat of closing off the Premiership. Do we then become Exeter B. Much for historic Albion to cling on to and play for.
Meanwhile today we are at struggling Rotherham. I don't doubt it will be tough. Eyes on the DRs to step up. Herbie? I only want to see him when he is fit. Same goes for any of the returning casualties.
And finally. We a need a B team playing competitively .... No?
Thanks for reading. You all know a lot more than me. I remain totally anon-expert. Happy New Year.

MESSAGES->author
lobina
04 January, 2020 18:37
Since the price increases the numbers in the supporters bar after the game seems to have dropped off.

MESSAGES->author
noibla
05 January, 2020 11:09
Good post Anonexpert2, with some valid points I feel. These need I think a strong minded and determined approach from a group of folk with a personnel interest in many cases, family perhaps, in the case of a multi team involvement. Not perhaps an easy thing with so many other outside interests to follow these days ?

Semper Sersum.

plymquin3
plymquin3
05 January, 2020 17:50
I note all the top teams run numerous teams this means that we would need opposing teams being so far from London it makes no financial sense hence we run just one team. This is why I feel we will struggle to get back to the promised land ( the championship) what can we hope for mid table I believe.

MESSAGES->author
BALION PREDATOR
05 January, 2020 19:06
When we had a second team it was 50+ points against opposition , so it became non eventfull .

I thought we had an academy set up for younger players ???

Geographically thats a real problem here for top level games .

But , always a but , the championship does not give continuity of playing league games like N1 , i know where i want to watch and support .

Back on track , first game away at Roth , superb result etc , JS just needs to consolidate and build on what he has planned for the remaining season , next season he will know a lot more , we all learn something new all the time .

We are fortunate to have very good players , it will get their .

(Sm72)

Plymouth Bred , Plymouth Born .

C'mon Albiiioooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Commando Joe
Commando Joe
05 January, 2020 21:15
Didnít travel to Rotherham but was informed the boys turned it on in the second half, great effort by the team - well done 👏👏👍 apparently the gate was below the 500 Mark, probably the reason for their position in the league. I recall there facilities are sparse compared to the Brickfields,I would guess our income on match days would just about cover the cost of putting a team on the park, With players wages, staff wages and catering. The club needs all the support we can give them. Albi,Albi, Albi👍👍👍🏉🏉

MESSAGES->author
A Nomad
06 January, 2020 19:03
Rotherham has no floodlights, PA was broken, it has two scoreboards but for a lengthy period in second half neither had the correct score,. After the game the sole bar didnít have a queue it had a crush!
All very much a great pity as it has always a good club to visit and really friendly supporters.

I like wingers running with the ball!

Your Name: 
Subject: 
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net