Latest news:

..... .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Euro Draw
Discussion started by Kainai (IP Logged), 19 June, 2019 13:47
MESSAGES->author
Kainai
19 June, 2019 13:47
We have been drawn in Pool 2:

Exeter Chiefs
Glasgow Warriors
La Rochelle
Sale Sharks

boston chief
boston chief
19 June, 2019 13:50
Damn, really thought we were going to get lucky and draw Bennetton. Hey ho, could have been worse! Hoggy will be happy!

MESSAGES->author
Brave new world
19 June, 2019 14:21
It had to be with Hogg joining us. Good group this year, which we should get out of.

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha
19 June, 2019 14:53
First priority - Win all our home games with at least 1 WBP
Second priority - Win at least one away game and pick up LBPs in the others.
Third priority - Play Glasgow at their place when the temperature is above zero and ther is no ice on their awful plastic pitch!

Dave Berko
Dave Berko
19 June, 2019 16:25
Be great to have another Sarries v Exe final, this time in Marseilles!!

Good luck in the campaign.

Windgather
Windgather
19 June, 2019 16:56
Do you do warm cream and jam on scones, and mulled cider in January? A hopeful Sale supporter.

Chiefs
Chiefs
19 June, 2019 19:30
Quote:
Windgather
Do you do warm cream and jam on scones, and mulled cider in January? A hopeful Sale supporter.

No mate, but as long as you put the cream on the scone first, as it should be, then you will be fine.

SarrieSaint
SarrieSaint
20 June, 2019 15:09
Quote:
Chiefs
as long as you put the cream on the scone first

Are you one of the Australian Chiefs supporters you're making it upside down! (Sm100)

MESSAGES->author
DumnoniiNomad
20 June, 2019 17:04
Quote:
SarrieSaint
Quote:
Chiefs

Are you one of the Australian Chiefs supporters you're making it upside down! (Sm100)

That's very thin ice you're on, SarrieSaint!

Littledeepea
Otter Supper
20 June, 2019 17:14
Quote:
DumnoniiNomad
Quote:
SarrieSaint

Quote:
Chiefs

If you're looking for jam first just carry on past Sandy Park and folow the A30 to the dark side of the Tamar.

PS. The only cream teas I've seen in Australia, whether advertised as Devonshire or Cornish, haved been made with whipped cream, an insult to both counties.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 20/06/2019 17:18 by Otter Supper.

Littledeepea
Otter Supper
20 June, 2019 17:32
To get back on topic, what are the travel options to La Rochelle and has anyone any idea of hotels/bars.

Chiefs
Chiefs
20 June, 2019 18:41
Quote:
DumnoniiNomad
Quote:
SarrieSaint
Quote:
Chiefs

Up to his @#$%& in very cold water I would say.

Chiefs
Chiefs
20 June, 2019 18:44
Quote:
Otter Supper
To get back on topic, what are the travel options to La Rochelle and has anyone any idea of hotels/bars.

It really depends on when the fixture is, ferry sailings diminish during the winter, but if in the Autumn or Spring, then ferry and drive is easy.

Have not looked up bars/hotels as yet, just cannot wait until the dates are confirmed.........La Rochelle is a great visit.h

We will be going, France is an awesome trip for the rugby fan.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/06/2019 18:46 by Chiefs.

Mike the shirt
Mike the shirt
20 June, 2019 20:38
If the usual maxim applies that the back to back Christmas fixtures are arranged to be the most convenient for supporters and players then it is logical that Sale play Glasgow and we go to La Rochelle (we are the nearest after all). I would much prefer to go to France in November but.... Any thoughts ?

East_Stand_Warrior
East_Stand_Warrior
21 June, 2019 09:16
Quote:
Mike the shirt
If the usual maxim applies that the back to back Christmas fixtures are arranged to be the most convenient for supporters and players then it is logical that Sale play Glasgow and we go to La Rochelle (we are the nearest after all). I would much prefer to go to France in November but.... Any thoughts ?

Morning all - Glasgow fan here. Just wanted to pop in to say that I’m looking forward to a return visit to Sandy Park and Dave’s Disco! I think all four teams will be justifiably happy and optimistic about the group - it’s probably the one with the most evenly-matched teams. Of course, that often means only one qualifier and in 5th place!

Hopefully we’ll give a better account of ourselves than two years ago - we had a poor season generally and you didn’t really see the best of us at all. Of course, it being a World Cup year, who knows what shape we’ll be in come November- we’ll be losing about 20 players to the tournament.

Finally, just had to quote this post as it made me laugh... easiest for the fans???? We always get a French team in the double-header, so no doubt you’re up the road to Manchester!

ExTeddChief
ExTeddChief
21 June, 2019 11:47
Hmmm...that could have been a lot worse...but given that we got mugged by Glaws at our place last season...let's not count chickens! On paper though...that is very doable. Fingers crossed.

Broken arrow
Broken arrow
21 June, 2019 17:41
Quote:
Otter Supper

You can fly Bristol to La Rochelle. No shortage of bars / hotels, awesome place.

MESSAGES->author
DumnoniiNomad
21 June, 2019 20:06
Quote:
East_Stand_Warrior
... return visit to Sandy Park and Dave’s Disco!

I'm sure Danny will forgive you! We'll put it down to good times!

Peter Ord
OAP (Over a pint)
21 June, 2019 21:06
You think you have problems. I moved to Devon fifteen years ago and had season tickets at the County Ground and then took Gold Sponsorship at Sandy Park and it’s been a great adventure. Before that I had supported Sale when not involved with my own club and have a great many friends there. It amused Steve Diamond to see me perched above the dugout but now we have returned to Cheshire and have taken season tickets at Sale much to Mr Diamonds amusement as we are just three rows directly behind him. When Chiefs first played Sale at Sandy Park those around me asked who and how we intended to show our support and now we have the same problem in reverse and the cup draw compounds it even further. Happy Days.

Chiefs
Chiefs
21 June, 2019 21:42
Quote:
Broken arrow
Quote:
Otter Supper

You can fly Bristol to La Rochelle. No shortage of bars / hotels, awesome place.
Yes, top place to visit.

We have done Toulon, Clermont and Bordeaux with Chiefs, all have been absolutely fantastic trips, but La Rochelle is one not to be missed.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net