Latest news:

..... Chiefs into Prem Final for 4th year in a row.... Next up it's Sarries at Twickenham .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Members' Forum
Discussion started by Exeforever (IP Logged), 04 July, 2019 09:43
Exeforever
Exeforever
04 July, 2019 09:43
I couldn't get to last night's Forum and unusually there is no report on the club's twitter feed.

Was anything significant said?

Thanks

MESSAGES->author
Chief caps
04 July, 2019 19:26
one of most informative members forum for a while exforever.

bullet points bigger capacity next season 13500 and 15000 for 20/21 season

new wigwam next year double the size with the old wigwam still used filled with tables so people can eat.

new pitch laid.

two new signings to be announced, one very soon.

Exeforever
Exeforever
04 July, 2019 21:18
Thanks that all sounds great.

MESSAGES->author
Moorsman
04 July, 2019 21:39
Where is the extra capacity going to be?

MESSAGES->author
Chief caps
04 July, 2019 22:06
extending the ET THIS season, by a couple of rows my understanding is at the front as there are a few steps up into the Stand. and next year a big change as they are building 2000 seats above the ET.
We were shown plans and the club will come back as to how they are going to fund it.

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha
05 July, 2019 12:14
Good news about the increased capacity, hope those standing in the East Stand will not be too upset by the crumbs from the prawn sandwiches eaten in the seats above raining down on them! (Sm161)

MESSAGES->author
Clyst Colt Chief
05 July, 2019 20:11
If we've been season ticket holders in the library for forever can we apply for seats as season ticket holders?

"Get on Exe"

MESSAGES->author
Tom A Hawk
05 July, 2019 22:28
Quote:
Lowerwatha
Good news about the increased capacity, hope those standing in the East Stand will not be too upset by the crumbs from the prawn sandwiches eaten in the seats above raining down on them! (Sm161)

They'll be tuna sandwiches if there is no coorperate boxes or gold card seats there.

Exeforever
Exeforever
05 July, 2019 22:45
Quote:
Clyst Colt Chief
If we've been season ticket holders in the library for forever can we apply for seats as season ticket holders?

This is an interesting question. A lot of members got "relocated" by the expansion of both the press box and the areas required for sponsors in the West grandstand and the creation of an "East Grandstand" may well lead to them asking the club for priority in seating allocation.
Furthermore as rugby supporters, rather than corporate types I suspect that many of us would welcome the opportunity to get away from the gold card/corporate/inebriates who occupy a lot of the west grandstand and get back to sitting among people with an interest in the game rather than having to listen to tales of financial greed, marital infidelity and drunken exploits.

For those with (or without) long memories when seats were first allocated (circa 1999?) those who stood beneath the grandstand at the County Ground were offered the chance to relocate to the grandstand. Many preferred to continue to stand and it will be interesting to see how the club deals with seating in the new "East grandstand" and how many want to move from the current East Terrace.

ChiefChopper
RedExe
06 July, 2019 09:53
Great news. It sounds as if the club is going ahead with the expansion plans outlined in the Sandy Park masterplan for the East grandstand. I've always liked the idea of keeping the terraces as Sandy Park is rebuilt. In fact, the one change I would make to overall masterplan is to have the North Stand when that is rebuilt (probably not for a while as that will be the last part of the project) is to have that as all terracing. But with a bit of a twist, I call it premium standing, effectively safe standing. Barriers on each row and then rather than a free-for-all, your ticket/season ticket is assigned to a row.

I would though still like to see a better temporary stand than the current South Stand. It doesn't look good, doesn't have great sightlines.

But, it sounds as though Sandy Park is going to be getting better and better!!

MESSAGES->author
Clyst Colt Chief
06 July, 2019 15:16
This type of premium standing thing would also be good as we still have people who either try and reserve places in the Library for groups of people. We also have those who think it's their right to turn up and push in front of people just before KO.... there have been some interesting discussions with some players relatives.

Me and my boys travel 120 miles to and 120 back following a home match ... I will buy seats if possible; as I would not and will not have mates saving tranches of standing spaces. Another way is for metal plate numbers on the floor where you stand .. we will see

"Get on Exe"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2019 15:19 by Clyst Colt Chief.

MESSAGES->author
Geronimo Jim
07 July, 2019 18:14
Quote:
Clyst Colt Chief
This type of premium standing thing would also be good as we still have people who either try and reserve places in the Library for groups of people. We also have those who think it's their right to turn up and push in front of people just before KO.... there have been some interesting discussions with some players relatives.
Me and my boys travel 120 miles to and 120 back following a home match ... I will buy seats if possible; as I would not and will not have mates saving tranches of standing spaces. Another way is for metal plate numbers on the floor where you stand .. we will see

Numbers on the floor! Really easy to police. Should the season ticket holder specify the width they require? Small medium or large? Would that apply to casual purchasers? "so, Mr Bloggs, are you slim or a larger gent? We need to k ow do we can allocate the correct metal plate.

No offence but such an idea is barmy.

MESSAGES->author
Toomanychiefs
07 July, 2019 19:06
Agree with that Jim!!

MESSAGES->author
Boldeagle
07 July, 2019 20:32
Could work,they don't ask what size seat you require,do they?(Sm100)

MESSAGES->author
Tom A Hawk
07 July, 2019 21:14
Quote:
Boldeagle
Could work,they don't ask what size seat you require,do they?(Sm100)

Don't they ask it at the same time as asking what horderves you want with your prawn sandwiches?

MESSAGES->author
Toomanychiefs
08 July, 2019 11:50
If the day ever comes when im not free to stand where i want within my given section then its the day i go back to watching local rugby.
It will be like little tin soldiers forming up in line of battle formation.

Chickamauga
Chickamauga
08 July, 2019 13:01
Can someone who was at the meeting help with a couple of questions?

Will the new east stand arrangement be a permanent structure, with a cantilevered roof to match the West Stand, or a temporary modification of the existing stand?

Does this mean that replacement of the SW Comms stand is further delayed, given that it was meant to be the next phase?

Thanks

MESSAGES->author
Chief caps
08 July, 2019 14:18
SW comms stand is 30 - 35 mil to build so this won't be done until the hotel is built and starts making the club money, to help finance it.
as for the East stand, it's an extension of the East terrace better toilets underneath and using up all the room towards the M5

MESSAGES->author
Tom A Hawk
09 July, 2019 08:14
I guess the original plans and proposed design with the auditorium are still in place but are behind the original schedule. I note that when this was originally announced in 2012 it was forecast that the stadium would be at a 20k capacity by 2020/21 and that the hotel wasn't part of the original plans. I therefore can't help but wonder if they have come up very short in their original financial predictions.

paulg_chief
paulg_chief
09 July, 2019 09:18
Quote:
Tom A Hawk
I therefore can't help but wonder if they have come up very short in their original financial predictions.

Very much doubt that is the case, more that experience and all the advice received is that the growth in use of the Sandy Park conference facilities, with or without the South Stand and Auditorium, will be much more secure with a hotel on site.

Now the hotel is a possibility, it has become the priority to minimise the financial risk of borrowing for the South end.

East and North Stand developments were always going to be funded out of cashflow. TR said operating so close to capacity for so much of the season is what has given the Board confidence to bring that forward and increase capacity. TR confirmed he was very pleased with the results for the year to date.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net