Latest news:

..... Chiefs into Prem Final for 4th year in a row.... Next up it's Sarries at Twickenham .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Tony Rowe
Discussion started by Lowerwatha (IP Logged), 07 July, 2019 10:09
MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha
07 July, 2019 10:09
Good feature in TRP this morning with TR in a Q&A with Neale Harvey.
Very forthright as usual on a number of topics.
Reckons Eddie Jones will bomb in RWC and intends to keep RB if the RFU come calling.

SarrieSaint
SarrieSaint
07 July, 2019 15:07
Excellent article and great to see him calling it as he sees it.

HUGHVILLE
HUGHVILLE
08 July, 2019 09:52
It is no secret that Tony Rowe and the England Manager do not see eye to eye. We have all seen his intransigence in sticking with players past their sale by date and ignored talent obvious to everbody but him. I sincerely hope we do well in Japan. Tony Rowe is entitled to his opinions but it not helpful when there are 5 Chiefs players probably in the squad. Is he saying that he does not have faith in them to deliver the goods. Would have been better
saying that Chiefs players would do there best and should be there. They need to have their confidence boosted not to be undermined

SimonG19
SimonG19
08 July, 2019 15:32
Seems to me he is saying he has no faith in the coach getting a squad of players (some from Chiefs and some from lots of other clubs) to perform. As simple as that. Presumably the same reason he wouldn't appoint certain coaches at Chiefs.

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals
14 July, 2019 12:41
I read the article and other than his comments regarding Eddie Jones I thought he talked a lot of sense.
However, him saying England will bomb out of the RWC is a bit off considering he gave no explanation as to why, which Colin Boag mentions in his piece in today's TRP so it just sounds as if TR doesn't like or have any faith in Eddie Jones.

I drink and forget stuff!

MESSAGES->author
Toomanychiefs
14 July, 2019 19:58
TBh i think its out of order that a CEO of an English club is openly critical of an England coach with no valid reason.

MESSAGES->author
Tribester
14 July, 2019 21:26
Did TR explain his reasons for his view in the interview, but it was not used in the article?

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals
15 July, 2019 09:16
Quote:
Tribester
Did TR explain his reasons for his view in the interview, but it was not used in the article?

It doesn't appear to be so...... If he gave reasons why not print them?

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha
15 July, 2019 09:33
He simply said we werenít good enough and, considering how we blew games against Wales and Scotland in the 6 Nations, he might be right! We are in a group with Argentina and France who are both capable of giving us a bloody nose!
Letís hope they watched the Cricket World Cup Final and emulate England !

MESSAGES->author
Toomanychiefs
15 July, 2019 11:03
Well,i still think he should be backing the boys and not undermining them.Thats bad really, as good as telling Henry,Jack and the other Chiefs boys that they arnt good enough!

as far as im aware TR is not a qualified coach so i suggest he keeps his nose out of it.He could benefit having a few lessons from RB on decorum.

SimonG19
SimonG19
15 July, 2019 14:08
Quote:
Toomanychiefs
Well,i still think he should be backing the boys and not undermining them.Thats bad really, as good as telling Henry,Jack and the other Chiefs boys that they arnt good enough!
as far as im aware TR is not a qualified coach so i suggest he keeps his nose out of it.He could benefit having a few lessons from RB on decorum.

So are you a qualified psychologist to be able to pontificate on the effects of his words on the Chiefs players? If not shouldn't you take your own advice?

Zyder head
Zyder head
15 July, 2019 17:37
Not that Tony Rowe needs my support but Eddie Jones has an opinion on everything and everybody so he reaps what he sows.
The way I interpret what Tony Rowe says is that the England team/squad are not well coached.
Brilliant at times and woeful the next. Consistency definitely not England's strong point......
I doubt very much that any of our players were annoyed,more likely to be amused by it to be honest.

MESSAGES->author
Toomanychiefs
16 July, 2019 11:00
SimonG19

Whether i am a psychologist or not (how do you know i am not?) is neither here nor there,i am entitled to my opinion and to air it on a public forum. I still stand by the fact that TR is openly questioning the England set up in what is a very important year.

The players and coaches are professional enough not to take too much notice of this (i hope),but i still think it would have been better not to say anything.

SimonG19
SimonG19
16 July, 2019 11:12
Quote:
Toomanychiefs
SimonG19
Whether i am a psychologist or not (how do you know i am not?) is neither here nor there,i am entitled to my opinion and to air it on a public forum. I still stand by the fact that TR is openly questioning the England set up in what is a very important year.

The players and coaches are professional enough not to take too much notice of this (i hope),but i still think it would have been better not to say anything.

I don't know whether you are a qualified psychologist or not which is why I started my post with "So are you a qualified psychologist" and ended the sentence with a question mark.

I was just amused by you the likely possibility of you criticising someone for doing exactly what you were doing.

You are of course perfectly free to air your views on a public forum in exactly the same way others are perfectly entitled to laugh at them and/or reply.

Have a wonderful day.

Wampum
Wampum
16 July, 2019 11:23
My take for what its worth? England not mentally strong enough and there's probably a few others who think that after the 6N. EJ needs to fix that v quickly but are there enough games left?

MESSAGES->author
fatheralice
16 July, 2019 13:56
My take fwiw...

EJ has deliberately hamstrung the team through a variety of measures, with the intention of building its resilience under pressure, and getting firm data on players absolute limits.
These include NOT using the bench in a timely manner in recent matches (in stark contrast to earlier in his reign, when finishers was the watch-word and a major point of difference, and in the previous 6n, over training during the lead up to matches. He is quoted as such in a recent Times podcast, and tries to explain his reasoning.
Worth a listen if you have a spare hour.

Whilst the 6N is important, he rightly views the RWC as the most important competition to be ready for and judged on. Whether he has got all the above right is very much up for debate, but I personally feel Eng are a better team than their recent results suggest, and imagine the players know that too.

Obviously a high risk strategy, but it is only after the RWC that we can really judge things imo.

I do have issues with some of his selections, eg at scrum half, where we are very exposed all of a sudden, and again at hooker, both of which which seem pretty preventable with better squad management over the last few years, but the over-training and not using the bench effectively I am a bit more open minded on.

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals
16 July, 2019 19:27
Seems to me that there are a few on here that would benefit from a session or two with a psychologist....... The results would be fascinating!

SimonG19
SimonG19
16 July, 2019 21:46
Quote:
Jehovas Sandals
Seems to me that there are a few on here that would benefit from a session or two with a psychologist....... The results would be fascinating!

and lengthy!

MESSAGES->author
Geronimo Jim
16 July, 2019 23:38
Quote:
Jehovas Sandals

You first!

I've had my assessment already, fit and ready to rock.

Chiefs
Chiefs
17 July, 2019 09:32
Quote:
Geronimo Jim
Quote:
Jehovas Sandals

You first!

I've had my assessment already, fit and ready to rock.

When I had mine, the psychologist ran out of the room screaming. Apparently he is doing well, but it is going to take some time!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net