Latest news:

..... Chiefs into Prem Final for 4th year in a row.... Next up it's Sarries at Twickenham .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
The Library (East Terrace Banner)
Discussion started by Jehovas Sandals (IP Logged), 02 August, 2019 14:28
Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals
02 August, 2019 14:28
You know, the one at the back of ETC with our Head Librarian on it......... Its gone!!!!???
I drove into town today and visited the Trading Post and on our way out of the car park looked in through the South Turnstiles. Couldn't see if the terrace had been extended a couple of rows or not.
In its place is an adverting board for Thrifty.
I believe it was Moorsman that put it in place...... If you read this Colin could you enlighten us please.

I drink and forget stuff!

MESSAGES->author
Moorsman
02 August, 2019 15:09
Not aware that it had gone missing. It was in need of a clean but it's a shame if the spot has been sold for advertising. Hopefully someone will reinstate it

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals
02 August, 2019 15:16
I'd like to know what the club has done with it then.
I think I'll try and find out.

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals
02 August, 2019 15:27
Just emailed the club and asked the question..... Watch this space.

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals
05 August, 2019 12:19
Received an email this morning explaining that due to certain restrictions the are having to relocate advertising to the entirety of the rear East Terrace Wall so sadly the banner had to be removed........ Unless we care to pay for the space!

MESSAGES->author
Clyst Colt Chief
05 August, 2019 12:34
Thanks JS

Sounds like the front of the Library will be on ground at the front of the existing fencing.....

Surely somewhere could be found for it in the Library ... If I was a sponsor I would agree to my advertising having the Library sign as part of or below .... Local impact and continuation of goodwill and mutual buy in to our team and from our fan group .

At the very least it should be returned to its owner if he wants it ... Perhaps it could go in the wigwam bar?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2019 12:44 by Clyst Colt Chief.

MESSAGES->author
Moorsman
05 August, 2019 14:22
Well that's commerce for you, would have been nice if the club had kept it in place as a goodwill gesture but I guess that doesn't pay the Bills. Depending on the advertising size but maybe we could ask for it to be hung underneath whatever is going to appear in it's place. Anyway how am I going to find my way to my favourite spot now!

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals
05 August, 2019 14:51
I've replied asking wether it would be possible to re locate it and about its owner collecting it.
I did ask the cost of having it hung back where it was (I think it was a sarcastic response from the annonimous person answering)

big chopper
big chopper
05 August, 2019 20:03
What was the “sarcastic” reply JS?

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals
05 August, 2019 20:57
The correspondence ended like this (unless you wish to pay for the space?)

Considering there is already a Thrifty sign in its place...... The only one I might add....... I've asked how much.

Hill Barton Brave
Hill Barton Brave
06 August, 2019 08:23
A couple of other posters have already mentioned the key word for me: goodwill. Of course the club are within their rights and I assume are trying to honour existing/long-term sponsors. But equally The Library is a fantastic "brand" that we all enjoy and rally behind and this move feels like a two finger salute from the club. And that is a great shame.

I like Clyst Colt Chief's suggestion of the company sponsoring the Library sign as long as we don't have James Chubb announcing "The Library, sponsored by...."! It would certainly show the sponsor has an understanding and appreciation of the supporters.

I will be watching from my lofty position in the Grandstand to make sure you naughty boys in the Library don't obscure any of that shiny advertising with your flag waving!

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals
06 August, 2019 11:15
Update........ Advertising space is £1,100 for the season!
I have passed on my dissapointment that the club could not have sacrificed one spot and allowed the banner to stay in its original place.
I have given suggestions for it to go in the Wigwam or Undercroft....... Or attached to the railings at the back of the terrace below the shelf.... Top of the steps.
I've been assured its in a safe place should it need collecting.
Personally I agree with Hill Barton.... It smacks of a two fingered gesture to us!
They will be banning drums next!

emohawk
emohawk
06 August, 2019 11:16
I won't miss it.

MESSAGES->author
clalan
06 August, 2019 12:33
We Love the club, but we are the Cash Cows, its what happens when your not owned by a sugar daddy like Bristol, Bath etc. So everything has a £ value, but I'm sure somewhere could have been found, if there was the will to at the club.

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals
06 August, 2019 12:41
[secure.avaaz.org]

I've set up a petition...... Feel free to share it..... I'm not on Mugbook or twatter myself

MESSAGES->author
Clyst Colt Chief
06 August, 2019 19:25
Quote:
Hill Barton Brave
.......I assume are trying to honour existing/long-term sponsors. But equally The Library is a fantastic "brand" that we all enjoy and rally behind and this move feels like a two finger salute from the club. And that is a great shame.
I like Clyst Colt Chief's suggestion of the company sponsoring the Library sign as long as we don't have James Chubb announcing "The Library, sponsored by...."! It would certainly show the sponsor has an understanding and appreciation of the supporters.

I would like to think that someone in the club would see the potential for the commercial benefits of the suggestion for inclusion of the Library sign to be incorporated in to the new / existing sponsors advertising material ... This is the added value impact that all advertising strives to achieve. If we had a presence in the Care Home business in the South West... I'd take the suggestion to my Board and get us to sponsor it.

Do we know if it is Thrifty as an option for the advertising space, as I'm happy to contact their marketing team to propose the option directly.

Is it Kai who is head of Exe's marketing ... Would it be worth contacting him ... just to confirm that the club don't wish to support this inclusion / engagement approach with advertisers ... If it isn't supported it does feel as Hill Barton Brave has indicated like a two finger salute from our club and a missed added value advertising opportunity.

Let me know what you think?

"Get on Exe"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2019 19:27 by Clyst Colt Chief.

goss8800
Chief Fire Water
07 August, 2019 15:17
I'm sorry to say this but people on here need to grow up.

What makes the atmosphere .

The stadium no
The players no
A sign no

Its us the supporters. Some on here have to much time on their hands to worry about something so small.

MESSAGES->author
Clyst Colt Chief
07 August, 2019 21:28
Quote:
Chief Fire Water
I'm sorry to say this but people on here need to grow up.
What makes the atmosphere .

The stadium no
The players no
A sign no

Its us the supporters. Some on here have to much time on their hands to worry about something so small.

CFW, not sure I'd agree with some of your points ...

Having played for Exe during my youth with some games at the County Ground ... I couldn't agree more, that it's us supporters .... That make us the best atmosphere in rugby.

As an ex player and long term supporter, I hold the concept of our sign and name dear ...

Something so small and too much time maybe ... I also hope I never ever ever grow up .....

I sadly also keep hoping that we could reintroduce Exeter Castle back on to Exe shirts like the ones we wore in the 80's

"Get on Exe"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2019 03:57 by Clyst Colt Chief.

PINGO
PINGO
08 August, 2019 20:36
So that's it then! We're officially no longer a club proud of our supporters who are proud of our club(Sm20) I was going to buy a new shirt this season but was slightly put off as the South West Comms 25 years was quite so prominent and now I feel like we are all encouraged to celebrate S.W. Comms and it's their/our chair but we are not at all appreciated for anything other than our £'s. Would Chiefs have been where they are today without the ongoing support? Maybe but bums on seats (or feet on overcrowded terraces) surely play a hell of a part in the future??
C'Mon Exe, tiny concessions in the great scheme of things to keep the core money flowing (Sm154)

MESSAGES->author
clalan
09 August, 2019 07:38
Maybe just come out and official call the east terrace the Library, and name chosen by the core of supporters. The shed has no banner but the club call it the shed, and encourage their mad suppoters to relish where they stand.
Maybe they have plans for the TR stand in the near future.
But I must also say the support is not as it was sound wise, and the north terrace seem to have taken up the mantel of noise makers.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net