Latest news:

..... Chiefs into Prem Final for 4th year in a row.... Next up it's Sarries at Twickenham .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

New Ladies Side maybe
Discussion started by Pinhoe_Chief (IP Logged), 03 September, 2019 08:00
MESSAGES->author
Pinhoe_Chief
03 September, 2019 08:00
Good to see that things are progressing with getting into women's rugby. Hopefully all will go as planned and the club will be accepted. Wondering how the games will be programmed around the men's schedule and whether they will be included in the season ticket deal. Would be good to get a little more for our money.

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha
03 September, 2019 09:17
Full story on the Offy

Chief-cum-Lately
Chief-cum-Lately
03 September, 2019 15:51
If anyone can make this work it's the Chiefs Management Team. All depends of course on finding coaches of similar calibre to the men's coaches not an easy task. Tony Rowe has repeatedly demonstrated his business acumen - which makes me wonder do we have Key Man insurance on Tony and Rob?

I doubt very much if we shall get the women's games on our season tickets. The girls will have to be self sustaining with their own sponsors etc and of course their own ticket receipts although we might get a honeymoon period in the first year or two until the support for the women builds up.

MESSAGES->author
Tom A Hawk
03 September, 2019 20:41
They won't be doing much this coming season apart from playing friendlies. It will be too short a time to get the team together, plus they haven't got a spot in the league yet either. They will be looking to get themselves into the Tyrrells Premier for the 20/21 season.

SarrieSaint
SarrieSaint
04 September, 2019 10:37
Friends of mine were at the England game at SP and said that it was a fantastic event and the crowd were excellent. Given sustainability seems to be part of the equation with a view to which teams stay in the Tyrells 15 I can see Chiefs excellent work in the ticketing and sales department being rewarded if they can continue to provide good crowds for the game.

I was at the England game against Canada a couple of seasons ago at AP and it was also a great atmosphere although it was just the East stand that was filled and crowds for the club Womens game are unfortunately much smaller. It's certainly one regard in which I'd be delighted if Sarries could learn from the great work Chiefs did.

Bod
Bod
04 September, 2019 17:26
£1million budget for Exeter..........

That'll certainly put the cat amongst the pigeons. Having been involved with the Bristol Womens programme for 8 years until this last season I sympathise greatly with Richmond.

Exeter have identidified and landed an excellent Coaching leadership team in Suzie and Amy, and Bristol will miss the contributions of the players developed across Devon and Cornwall who'll no longer have to treck up to Dings for training.

Exciting times.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

MESSAGES->author
Toomanychiefs
05 September, 2019 10:50
I remember TR saying years ago that it is impossible to make money purely out of rugby fixtures with the stadium only being used 17ish times a year so this gets around that problem somewhat.I expect the woman`s team to be home when men are away.

Great for the club ,great for rugby watchers and great for woman`s sport.

Bod
Bod
05 September, 2019 12:36
I noticed this on the Chiefs twitter feed

"Come and support our Ladies for the 2019/20 season.

This weekend, with a home fixture against
@WithycombeRFC
Ladies.

We canít wait to have your support."

🗓 Sunday 8th September

🆚 Withycombe Ladies

🕝 14:30 KO

📍Oil Mill Lane, Clyst St Mary, Exeter, EX5 1AF."

I expect Chiefs Women to be out of the blocks with some fixtures soon and,be fair, if they can tick all the boxes and achieve Premiership status for next season across all aspects of the RFU auditing process then I take my hat off to everyone involved in this project.

The games from now until New Year will be of a similar friendly status given that sustainability of squad to fulfil fixtures is typicallty the most minimum criteria required. (My local club, Melksham went through these steps last season and their Womens team kick off on the very bottom local tier of the Womens ladder this season)

Best of luck to all associated with the Exeter programme - It'd be great if Withycome were to win - what bragging rights for this time next season eh?
(Sm42)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2019 12:58 by Bod.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net