Latest news:

..... Chiefs into Prem Final for 4th year in a row.... Next up it's Sarries at Twickenham .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Kvesic called onto the bench for Friday night
Discussion started by Tiverton Brave (IP Logged), 04 September, 2019 13:48
Tiverton Brave
Tiverton Brave
04 September, 2019 13:48
Just seen on the Offy and BBC that Matt has been called onto the bench for the game against Italy. Well deserved and I think he should have been involved all through the summer to give him a shot at the RWC.
Now, you never know what might happen to those 'ahead of him' in the side.
Well done Matt, show Eddie what he's missed!

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals
04 September, 2019 17:18
I've only just seen this myself. And I agree, Matt should have been involved more as he was playing brilliantly for us.
Like you say.... Who knows..... All the best to him.

I drink and forget stuff!

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha
04 September, 2019 18:31
He must be on the radar as a back row replacement in the event of injuries. Reckon he could have a stormer coming on in the second half against Italy, particularly behind the wrecking ball replacement front row og Genge, Cowan-Dickie and Sinckler!

Currychief
Currychief
04 September, 2019 19:07
Thoroughly deserved. I believe he has been training with the squad for a few weeks?

MESSAGES->author
Tom A Hawk
04 September, 2019 21:45
Quote:
Currychief
Thoroughly deserved. I believe he has been training with the squad for a few weeks?

Correct, I had heard he had been with the team for a few weeks. I was under the impression his role was to act as competition to push the back-row players who where picked ahead of him.

It would seem likely that Matt along with Charlie Ewels and Ben Moon might want to keep a very close watch on their phones during the world cup as any injuries they will likely be the ones who get called first. It seems smart in some respects to get these guys as much time around the camp as possible so it makes it easier to drop them in during the World Cup..

mommentum
mommentum
05 September, 2019 21:59
knowing EJ i would not be surprised if he did not get on the pitch

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha
06 September, 2019 10:22
Given the way Underhill and Curry play, they are very prone to injury. Not wishing this to happen because I think they are both very young, exciting players with enormous potential, but Kev has developed much more since moving to Chiefs and could now fill any back row position. Hope his passport is in date!

MESSAGES->author
Tribester
06 September, 2019 17:57
Quote:
Lowerwatha
Given the way Underhill and Curry play, they are very prone to injury. Not wishing this to happen because I think they are both very young, exciting players with enormous potential, but Kev has developed much more since moving to Chiefs and could now fill any back row position. Hope his passport is in date!

My thoughts too.

Eddie specifically named Kev, Ewels and Marchant in one of his after match interviews, praising them for their work in supporting the 31 man squad.
I'm sure Kev could fill the shoes of Curry and Underhill very easily, but not those of big Billy.

I hope he gets a chance to show the public what he can do tonight.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net