Latest news:

..... Chiefs into Prem Final for 4th year in a row.... Next up it's Sarries at Twickenham .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Teams Up Chiefs v Tigers
Discussion started by Lowerwatha (IP Logged), 26 September, 2019 14:00
MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha
26 September, 2019 14:00
CHIEFS SIDE TO FACE LEICESTER TIGERS

15 Tom Wyatt
14 Max Bodilly
13 Tom Hendrickson
12 Barrie Karea
11 James Short
10 Harvey Skinner
9 Sam Maunder
1 Billy Keast
2 Jack Innard
3 Greg Holmes
4 Dave Dennis (capt)
5 Stan South
6 Jannes Kirsten
7 Josh Caulfield
8 Jacques Vermeulen

16 Jordon Poole
17 Danny Southworth
18 Marcus Street
19 Lewis Pearson
20 James McRae
21 Joe Snow
22 Sam Morley
23 Pete Laverick

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha
26 September, 2019 14:06
15 George Worth,
14 Jonah Holmes,
13 Andy Forsyth,
12 Kyle Eastmond,
11 Jordan Olowofela,
10 Noel Reid,
9 Sam Harrison;
1 Greg Bateman,
2 Tom Youngs (c),
3 Joe Heyes,
4 Will Spencer,
5 Calum Green,
6 Hanro Liebenberg,
7 Guy Thompson,
8 Jordan Coghlan

REPLACEMENTS

16 Tatafu Polota-Nau,
17 Facundo Gigena,
18 Gaston Cortes,
19 Harry Wells,
20 Tommy Reffell;
21 Ben White,
22 Tom Hardwick,
23 Freddie Steward

ExTeddChief
ExTeddChief
27 September, 2019 12:12
Even more rough and ready than the Bath lineup but we know from that match what those guys can do. That Leicester side are no mugs though so let's see what happens.

Zyder head
Zyder head
27 September, 2019 18:22
At least we have plenty of options at line out time.... Lol
Good to take an early look at Vermeulen to see what he can do even if he is playing at 8.
Strong Tigger's team, our young and new additions should learn a lot from this and likewise we learn a bit about them too.
Looking forward to watching this without the pressure of expecting us to win. It's only a friendly in all but name but the expectancy is with them.

Zyder head
Zyder head
27 September, 2019 20:39
Typical pre season game.
The person that should learn most from this so far when he watches it back is Mr Makepeace.
Lots of good things, lots of not so good but as that is a very strong Tigger's side can't grumble and the difference is the relative quality in the backs.
Tigers can't play much better,we can play a lot better so let's see what happens second half

Zyder head
Zyder head
27 September, 2019 21:46
Pre-season with Tigers very strong and our young backs and new faces learning plenty so nothing to worry about at all.
It's a long season and we don't want to peak too soon

torchief
torchief
27 September, 2019 22:41
Whilst obviously trying to ignore ballsout, I thought the last point he made was actually very accurate. Overall the performance lacked a bit of precision, was clearly a bit dis jointed but considering the selection of the sides wasn't an awful result or an unexpected one. Contrary to the pundits comments on tv. Ref missed masses on both sides I thought Janne's Kirsten was lucky with a number of tackles but I also thought guy Thompson was constantly high or seatbelt as well. Scrum functioned well and the 3 penalties Leicester got late on were are dubious. Backline looked a little ineffective as well, but they need these games to progress skill levels. Positives were clearly vermeulen looked a strong dynamic guy and jannes kirsten does have an engine. The one I am yet to be sold one is Harvey skinner, i know he is highly regarded and only young but can't see it yet.

MESSAGES->author
Mabolza
27 September, 2019 23:04
Ballsout Zzzxzzzzzzzz

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/09/2019 23:06 by Mabolza.

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals
28 September, 2019 03:50
Please don't respond to the Troll..... His posts will be deleted as soon as I see them.

I drink and forget stuff!

Stopsy
Stopsy
28 September, 2019 06:59
I was hoping for a much improved performance from Tigers and got one. Actually surprised at the pressure we managed to put on Exeter and that we maintained it. I know it was a warm up but pleased nevertheless. Here’s to a good season

Stopsy
Stopsy
28 September, 2019 13:38
To what I hope are friends at Exeter, I trust if my posts are offensive that they will be deleted. I do recollect posting in here a few times after our meetings in recent seasons where the result was different to the extent we were thrashed.

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals
28 September, 2019 13:51
Ignore Ballsout Stopsy. I'm in the process of trying to get him banned.
You've not posted anything I deem offensive..... I've deleted his posts as soon as I see them.

As to lady night...... We were well beaten, you deserved your win but I'm sure once the league games are here we will give you a better game.

I drink and forget stuff!

Stopsy
Stopsy
28 September, 2019 14:09
Thanks JS, I also suspect the full fat meetings will be more telling. We used the phrase Attention Seeking Moron or ASM for Ballsout and his aliases subsequent to his banning from our board. I pity him really as it is very sad behaviour and so out of line with my experience of good rugby folk.

MESSAGES->author
clalan
28 September, 2019 14:14
We suffered a bit from our inexperience in the back division, some shocking refereeing for both sides. Another official would have wiped of two of there scores, and we could have had a card.
But the correct side won, if like Tigers we had a few more experienced heads on the pitch, not sure the result would have been the same.
Job done, getting new signings up and running ready for the proper rugby, and I think our youngsters would have learned a lot from that game.
Tigers needed a win at home after their youngsters got tanked at Wuss, its been a while for them, but its a warm up cup, so no big thing for either team.

ExTeddChief
ExTeddChief
28 September, 2019 17:56
It's interesting that the PRC is now seen as a "warmup cup"...the final is in March!

As for the match...not our finest hour but I was expecting a rough ride from that Tigers side. Things are still tight in the group though so all to play for...smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net