Latest news:

..... Chiefs into Prem Final for 4th year in a row.... Next up it's Sarries at Twickenham .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Teams Up v Wuss
Discussion started by Lowerwatha (IP Logged), 03 October, 2019 13:33
MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha
03 October, 2019 13:33
CHIEFS SIDE TO FACE WORCESTER WARRIORS

15 Phil Dollman
14 Tom O'Flaherty
13 Ian Whitten
12 Ollie Devoto
11 Olly Woodburn
10 Joe Simmonds
9 Jack Maunder
1 Alec Hepburn
2 Jack Yeandle (capt)
3 Harry Williams
4 Stan South
5 Sean Lonsdale
6 Dave Ewers
7 Richard Capstick
8 Matt Kvesic

16 Jordon Poole
17 Ben Moon
18 Marcus Street
19 Jannes Kirsten
20 Jacques Vermeulen
21 Sam Maunder
22 Gareth Steenson
23 Tom Hendrickson

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha
03 October, 2019 13:36
Warriors

15 Jamie Shillcock
14 Tom Howe
13 Alex Hearle
12 Ashley Beck
11 Dean Hammond
10 Jono Lance (C)
9 Michael Heaney
1 Ryan Bower
2 Isaac Miller
3 Conor Carey
4 Andrew Kitchener
5 Graham Kitchener
6 Caleb Montgomery
7 Sam Lewis
8 Cornell du Preez.

Replacements
16 Beck Cutting
17 Kai Owen
18 Joe Morris
19 Justin Clegg
20 Matti Williams
21 Gareth Simpson
22 Scott van Breda
23 Nick David.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO
03 October, 2019 19:51
Looking at the two sides anything less that a 25 point margin and the Chiefs will have underperfromed. For those coming up have a safe journey.

MESSAGES->author
minuteman
03 October, 2019 20:16
very strong Chiefs side ...really pleased to see Capstick at 7 ...he's definitely going places ....unsure what's happening with Sam Simmonds
chiefs win predicted - no injuries please

Zyder head
Zyder head
03 October, 2019 20:55
Quote:
ROLLO
Looking at the two sides anything less that a 25 point margin and the Chiefs will have underperfromed. For those coming up have a safe journey.
First hit out of the season for most of that Chiefs side means that things can and most likely will be far from fluent and rusty so it might be a hard watch from the comfort of my living room. I am hoping to be proved wrong obviously and surely it cant be any worse than last week?!

Master Chief
Master Chief
03 October, 2019 23:52
No Armand, Simmonds, Jonny Hill, Taione, Sam Hill, Cuthbert? Injured or held back for next week?

Dennis and Holmes must be rested. Townsend must still be injured.

Broken arrow
Broken arrow
04 October, 2019 07:19
Based on the team for tomorrow and the players still not picked, last weeks team was more like a 4th team !!
I think we will see a rejuvenated Jack Maunder this season, now heís finished at University he can give 100% to rugby, bit like McSkinner, who hardly featured until he completed his degree.
Just hope the traffic isnít too bad on the way to Worcester tonight !!

tready
Jon T
04 October, 2019 20:35
All Ex pressure, but poor discipline at ht.

Zyder head
Zyder head
04 October, 2019 21:57
As expected far from fluent but far more to be gained with having lots of 'work ons' to go over and nothing that cannot be fixed.
Wuss gave us a good work out and were really physical which was ideal.
The two J's gave us real impact off the bench and they look nailed on for a place in the 23 first weekend ( as long as they can stay fit)

Master Chief
Master Chief
05 October, 2019 06:43
Agree, Kirsten and Vermuelen look like good additions. Hopefully we get to see Jonny Hill, Armand and Sam Simmonds next week.. be interesting to see how the back row shapes up.

First weekend?..

4 Dave Dennis
5 Jonny Hill
6 Dave Ewers
7 Don Armand
8 Matt Kvesic

19 Jannes Kirsten
20 Jacques Vermuelen

Steenson gave good direction when he came on but I hope we still with Joe Simmonds. Steenson is 36 this year and Simmonds has to be the future now.

Hope Devoto is ok but looks like he will out a while.

Broken arrow
Broken arrow
05 October, 2019 07:46
Good play to get the ball 10 metres from their line, but 7 knock ons in the first half from 5 metres out rather sums up our game. Line out yet again was awful !!!!!!!
Their defence was strong but we were very predictable in our attack, I just wish we would vary what we do, they were very flat in their defence, a chip over for a centre to run on to and he could have walked in.
Bit worried about the injury list, Dolman, Whitton & Devoto all out leaves short in the backs.
First game for these boys and plenty to work on.

MESSAGES->author
Tribester
05 October, 2019 10:36
I thought I was watching RWC without all the talk of temperature and humidity with that number of handling errors.

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals
05 October, 2019 11:45
Firstly I hope the injured boys are not too bad..... Dolly didn't look good and Devoto looked worrying.
As to the game..... I've never seen us make so many handling errors in a game. Something to work on there for sure. Wuss were very physical and defensively very good. We made hard work of it against what was by no means thier best XV.
Plenty of room for improvement but we never gave up and I thought showed a lot of guts and resolve to push for the bonus point.
Joe Simmonds is looking good..... Yeandle had a good game..... And Woodburn was excellent.
Kristen and Vermeulen are going to be great assets.

I drink and forget stuff!

Zyder head
Zyder head
05 October, 2019 12:28
Re Ollie Devoto,I only have this second hand from going to the breakfast this morning but the word was it looked worse than it was and was mainly precaution.
Fingers crossed that is true as it didn't look good.
News on Dolly's hamstring wasn't so good though so let's hope that is wrong!

EnfieldMal
EnfieldMal
06 October, 2019 19:39
Quote:
Zyder head
Re Ollie Devoto,I only have this second hand from going to the breakfast this morning but the word was it looked worse than it was and was mainly precaution.
Fingers crossed that is true as it didn't look good.
News on Dolly's hamstring wasn't so good though so let's hope that is wrong!

Saracens supporter in peace. Saw Ollie Devoto injury on TV & it looked bad. Never good to see any player down like that. I hope you are right, Iíve been searching the internet for any updates. Good wishes & get well soon Ollie from me

MESSAGES->author
clalan
06 October, 2019 22:00
Game just showed the boys haven't played together yet this season, if the same team play this week they will be far more efficient.
That pitch does seem to cause injuries, hope all recover, onward and upwards, it is pre season.

mommentum
mommentum
07 October, 2019 21:36
[quote Broken arrow]Good play to get the ball 10 metres from their line, but 7 knock ons in the first half from 5 metres out rather sums up our game. Line out yet again was awful !!!!!!!
Their defence was strong but we were very predictable in our attack, I just wish we would vary what we do, they were very flat in their defence, a chip over for a centre to run on to and he could have walked in.

i know i am being picky but 3 case-in-points for me where,
1, Whitten makes a break through the middle and Woodburn is just jogging after him, instead of sprinting to get on his shoulder to keep the move alive. i think it was 52 mins before we did an off-load.
2, i think it was woodburn who made the break, passes to Steenson, Simmonds is on Steenson right, but he does not pass it on but lets himself get tackled with the ball.
3. at the weekend England keep the ball in the pick-and-go until they won a penalty and then tired something knowing they would get the ball back, we just keep going with the pick-and-go winning penalties.

it looked like England were doing some of the best bits of our game, keeping the ball in play, maul tries etc, but we are not learning from England. which is a problem us having so few players at the world cup.

at least Hogg should be here after next weekend

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net