Latest news:

..... Chiefs into Prem Final for 4th year in a row.... Next up it's Sarries at Twickenham .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Team/squad for Saturday?
Discussion started by Zyder head (IP Logged), 15 October, 2019 20:04
Zyder head
Zyder head
15 October, 2019 20:04
With the majority of our first choice back line away who do we think will or should be in the squad Saturday?
I guess Don is injured at the moment although haven't read anything but with competition for places in the back row fierce even if he was fit i wouldn't think he would be thrown in without any game time behind him.
1 Moon
2 Yeandle
3 Williams
4 Dennis
5 Hill
6 Ewers
7 Kvesic
8 Simmonds
9 Maunder
10 Steenson
11 Woodburn
12 Hendrickson
13 Bodilly
14 Flats
15 Simmonds

Game changers.....lol
Innard
Hepburn
Street
Kirsten
Vermeulen
Maunder
Whitts
Short
I like Joe but I personally think Steeno is better at manoeuvring the pack around I think as others have alluded to that is what we will plan our game around.
Our back line has looked quite predictable so I personally would have Joe at 15 as a second playmaker and Bods at 13 with his footwork for variety rather than just crashing it up at 12 and 13.
A bit of a risk playing both our 10s from the start so I would think the coaches won't do this and Joe will be on the bench with Bods at 15 and Whitts at 13.
Any more injuries in the backs and we are really struggling.
I expect Quin's to give us a very hard game and I wonder if a little bit of rain might help us and hinder them on Saturday?

MESSAGES->author
Boldeagle
16 October, 2019 08:30
Not bad Zh, would sooner have Cuthbert on the bench (if fit), Short is not the player he use to be imo.

goss8800
Chief Fire Water
16 October, 2019 13:39
I would have to start with Vermeulen instead of Simmonds at 8.

MESSAGES->author
Tribester
16 October, 2019 21:55
I think we've got to start with Joe. He's the future.

Maybe start with Kev with Simmo on the bench.

It's not clear when the injured players are returning. Don, Devo, little Stuart, Cuthbert.

MESSAGES->author
Loud Fingers
17 October, 2019 10:41
Since Devoto is featured on the poster for the game (see Twitter and website), does that imply he's in the squad?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net