Latest news:

..... Chiefs into Prem Final for 4th year in a row.... Next up it's Sarries at Twickenham .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Teams Up Chiefs v Quins
Discussion started by Lowerwatha (IP Logged), 18 October, 2019 11:02
MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha
18 October, 2019 11:02
CHIEFS SIDE TO FACE HARLEQUINS

15 Max Bodilly
14 Tom O’Flaherty
13 Ian Whitten
12 Tom Hendrickson
11 Olly Woodburn
10 Joe Simmonds
9 Jack Maunder
1 Alec Hepburn
2 Jack Yeandle (capt)
3 Harry Williams
4 Dave Dennis
5 Jonny Hill
6 Jannes Kirsten
7 Jacques Vermeulen
8 Sam Simmonds

16 Elvis Taione
17 Ben Moon
18 Marcus Street
19 Sean Lonsdale
20 Matt Kvesic
21 Sam Maunder
22 Gareth Steenson
23 Sam Hill

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha
18 October, 2019 11:08
Harlequins Starting XV:

1 Santiago Garcia Botta
2 Scott Baldwin
3 Will Collier
4 Matt Symons
5 Stephan Lewies
6 Chris Robshaw (Captain)
7 Will Evans
8 Tom Lawday
9 Martin Landajo
10 Marcus Smith
11 Gabriel Ibitoye
12 Ben Tapuai
13 Joe Marchant
14 Cadan Murley
15 Mike Brown

Game Changers:

16 Elia Elia
17 Mark Lambert
18 Simon Kerrod
19 Glen Young
20 Alex Dombrandt
21 Charlie Mulchrone
22 James Lang
23 Aaron Morris

Tiverton Brave
Tiverton Brave
18 October, 2019 11:48
Good to see that Tom Lawday has forced his way into the Quins side for tomorrow's game.
Hope he doesn't have a blinder!
I bet he'll be bent on showing what an error it was for us to have let him go.
Wish we had some creativity in midfield as it looks like we'll just bash it up the middle all afternoon.

Am expecting 5 points just the same

MESSAGES->author
minuteman
18 October, 2019 12:01
Ref Tom Lawday .. who I thought was really good for us but we couldn’t afford to keep. But .. we bought 2 replacements ie Kirsten and Vermuelen .. how has that worked..
I hope I’m wrong but I think Quins will do well against us .. a BP will be hard fought . Denying them anything will be hard to as they have a great set of backs .

Broken arrow
Broken arrow
18 October, 2019 12:17
With regards to our backs, happy with Maunder, Simmonds, Woody and Flats, but at 12, 13 & 15 we have players who take the ball into contact too often imo. No offloads, in fact no passing !
That said, forwards look great and hopefully Sam Simmonds will act like an extra back and give us a burst of speed lacking from 12 & 13 !

Zyder head
Zyder head
18 October, 2019 12:19
Our pack is huge!
I expect us to have a definite edge at scrum time although I know it's not just about size but technique as well.
Surprised they have left Dombrandt out?
Looks like it will be route one for us and although Lawday is great going forward I personally never thought he was the best in defence and their back row looks a bit lightweight to me although Evans will be a pain at the breakdown.
Bring it on

TqyAndy
TqyAndy
18 October, 2019 12:20
No Dave Ewers
surely not injured already?

boston chief
boston chief
18 October, 2019 12:41
Ewers picked up an eye injury against Bris

big chopper
big chopper
18 October, 2019 12:41
Has an eye injury according to offy

ExTeddChief
ExTeddChief
18 October, 2019 12:54
This does not look like it'll be a straightforward match but still probably our best lineup available to bring them on and may the best team win.

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha
18 October, 2019 14:07
Referee: Christophe Ridley
Assistant Referees: Simon Harding and Paul Dix
TMO: Geoff Warren
Citing Commissioner: David Guyan

MESSAGES->author
Tribester
18 October, 2019 16:14
Quote:
minuteman
Ref Tom Lawday .. who I thought was really good for us but we couldn’t afford to keep. But .. we bought 2 replacements ie Kirsten and Vermuelen .. how has that worked.. .

I expect the deal for Jacques and Jannes had already been done, and money spent, leaving none left for a renew for Tom.
From what I've seen of both so far, they seem very good signings.

I'm expecting an improved Quins this season, and an improved Sharks. Makes picking the top four even harder this season.

MESSAGES->author
fatheralice
18 October, 2019 19:29
Vermeulen was already in pipeline I think. He looks like a ready made Don replacement and will have been a long time in the planning
Kirsten was signed as injury dispensation, so comes out of a different pot of money!

mommentum
mommentum
18 October, 2019 21:31
for me Kirsten is a replacement for Mitch Lees

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net