Latest news:

..... Chiefs into Prem Final for 4th year in a row.... Next up it's Sarries at Twickenham .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Wuss
Discussion started by Zyder head (IP Logged), 03 November, 2019 15:39
Zyder head
Zyder head
03 November, 2019 15:39
Fair play to Wuss,taking their chances.
Are Rob and Co now facing their biggest challenge since promotion?
Even if we come back and win it will be papering over some cracks that are appearing?
There's a long way to go but we are the architects of our own downfall at the moment as much as there needs to be credit put Worcester's way

Heaf
Heaf
03 November, 2019 16:30
From a neutral Wuss lucky to get away with blocking/holding back for their first try and they also seem to be getting all the calls from the ref at the breakdown. Some clear turnovers gone the wrong way.

Currychief
Currychief
03 November, 2019 16:58
Harry Williams was my man of the match. Along with Kirsten when he came on he managed to break through with some yards. Great to see Kvesic start and deserved his place for next week too.
An awful lot of mistakes still happening. Quite a few backs playing as individuals.
Delighted with 4 points!

MESSAGES->author
Boldeagle
03 November, 2019 17:03
Big improvement when White came on.

Zyder head
Zyder head
03 November, 2019 17:05
Quote:
Heaf
From a neutral Wuss lucky to get away with blocking/holding back for their first try and they also seem to be getting all the calls from the ref at the breakdown. Some clear turnovers gone the wrong way.
Mr Foley had a poor match overall with some strange calls for and against us.
We ground out the win and the players stuck to their task well.
Matt K has just said we were lucky but I don't agree really.
With all that possession we should have got more out of it.
We can't just rely on power we have to be savvy and vary our attack. Wuss were clever and turned us round with some clever kicks in behind and we only did that a couple of times and looked dangerous when doing it.
We won so obviously happy with that but still got a glass half empty feeling with the performance.
Not driving with the maul until later on the game showed a lack of confidence.
It could be worse,I could be in Alan Solomon's shoes!!
Not a happy bunny and can't say I blame him

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2019 17:09 by Zyder head.

Zyder head
Zyder head
03 November, 2019 17:16
Quote:
Currychief
Harry Williams was my man of the match. Along with Kirsten when he came on he managed to break through with some yards. Great to see Kvesic start and deserved his place for next week too.
An awful lot of mistakes still happening. Quite a few backs playing as individuals.
Delighted with 4 points!

I definitely concur with Harry deserving MotM.
A big 80 minutes shift is almost unheard of in top level rugby now and to finish the match with the decisive play / try at the end should have earned him the MotM.
He showed he probably shouldn't have been playing here today but in Japan yesterday!

Broken arrow
Broken arrow
03 November, 2019 20:09
Quote:
Boldeagle
Big improvement when White came on.

Disagree, thought I White was poor.

MESSAGES->author
Toomanychiefs
03 November, 2019 23:51
I also thought we upped the tempo when White came on.

We spend a lot of time huffing and puffing with the ball without doing very much with it, perhaps what the coaches want but we seem to offer very little threat out wide or up the middle come to that with too many one up runners that are unsupported.

Hogg seems to have settled well and showed some creative thinking in the first half;i liked the kick through early on. We should do more of that to keep defenses honest especially seeing our short range box kicking seems ineffective and just ends up giving posession away nine times out of ten.
Harry and Jack put in huge shifts on the pitch and Matt was outstanding.
Wins a win but cant help feeling concerned that we dont look comfortable....yet.

Master Chief
Master Chief
04 November, 2019 02:48
Hard fought win. I this will be a theme this season. Most teams have improved quite a bit over the last couple of years. I canít see Saracens and Exeter dominating the league any more (apart from Saracens in finals!).

We donít have the biggest pack anymore so we have to be smarter. It would be good to see us kick a bit more into the opposition half and play a bit of terrority.

Kvesic was immense as ever and Vermuelen looked good. I also really liked the physicality that Kirsten brought when he came on. I was worried by the loss of Lees, given the bulk and power he brought to the set piece, tackle and driving game. But Kirsten looks to be able to up our intensity, moreso than Dennis.

Next week it would be good to see a pack as follows:

1 Alec Hepburn
2 Jack Yeandle (c)
3 Harry Williams
4 Jannes Kirsten
5 Jonny Hill
6 Jacques Vermuelen
7 Matt Kvesic
8 Sam Simmonds

16 Elvis Taione
17 Ben Moon
18 Marcus Street
19 Dave Dennis
20 Don Armand

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net