Latest news:

..... Chiefs into Prem Final for 4th year in a row.... Next up it's Sarries at Twickenham .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Chiefs 24 Wuss 20
Discussion started by Lowerwatha (IP Logged), 03 November, 2019 16:57
MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha
03 November, 2019 16:57
That was hard work but a well earned 4 points!

manrow
manrow
03 November, 2019 17:13
That was a great game of rugby which Chiefs very nearly lost!

Well played lads to score two second half tries!

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980
03 November, 2019 17:47
Good win for you Chiefs but highly fortuitous for your last try.

IMHO we had adavantage but Foley awarded your try.Even your players were hesistant when you scored that last try.Foley is a disgrace and Chiefs fans around me were wondering why that try was awarded.

Can't dwell anymore.You either get luck sometimes or you don't.

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

MESSAGES->author
clalan
03 November, 2019 18:23
Nothing wrong with the try, its your own house you should look at, stupid pens lost you the game. We did the same at Bath, but obviously learned the lesson. The ref had a good game, you by rights should have had a yellow for one pen, I would not be surprised if the wasn't the last word by the officials on review.

As for Chiefs, until the last thirty minutes we were not in sync, then we clicked and didn't look back.

goss8800
Chief Fire Water
03 November, 2019 18:25
I'm not worried about the mistakes we are making at the moment.

As long as we are around fourth place at Xmas I will be happy, then we can peak for the end of the season. The last few years we have walked the league but came up short in the final.

MESSAGES->author
minuteman
03 November, 2019 19:26
It was a funny old game though we did deserve to win it.
Nic White was a breath of fresh air and put us where we needed to be .
Twice young Maunder stood off the breakdown and we got turned over by his decision not to secure the ball first and foremost....
agree that Kev had a monster shift and Vermeulen also..
3 games in we’re a C+ .. could do better but heading in the right direction

Zyder head
Zyder head
03 November, 2019 20:02
Quote:
w4rriorz1980
IMHO we had adavantage but Foley awarded your try.Even your players were hesistant when you scored that last try.Foley is a disgrace and Chiefs fans around me were wondering why that try was awarded.

Swings and roundabouts,see how far beyond the ruck our guard was tackled off the ball for your first try for an obvious error the other way.
Fatialofa was lucky to get away without a yellow. TMO obviously wasn't interested in getting involved if indeed there was one?! It certainly didn't seem like there was as I genuinely can't remember one conversation between Sir and him when there were a few instances where he could have been involved?

Broken arrow
Broken arrow
03 November, 2019 20:12
Quote:
minuteman
Twice young Maunder stood off the breakdown and we got turned over by his decision not to secure the ball first and foremost....

Maunder played well, not sure what game you were watching ? White was hardly a breath of fresh air, kick charged down, knock on !

Zyder head
Zyder head
03 November, 2019 20:16
Quote:
Zyder head
Quote:
w4rriorz1980

Swings and roundabouts,see how far beyond the ruck our guard was tackled off the ball for your first try for an obvious error the other way.
Fatialofa was lucky to get away without a yellow. TMO
obviously wasn't interested in getting involved if indeed there was one?! It certainly didn't seem like there was as I genuinely can't remember one conversation between Sir and him when there were a few instances where he could have been involved?
Trying to answer my own question, obviously Sir had mike /conversation issues,was there no connection between Sir and TMO hence no TMO involvement??

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980
03 November, 2019 20:40
Safe journey home for those who visited Warriors.

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

MESSAGES->author
minuteman
03 November, 2019 21:34
Quote:
Broken arrow
Quote:
minuteman

Maunder played well, not sure what game you were watching ? White was hardly a breath of fresh air, kick charged down, knock on !
I just said what i saw Broken Arrow.. for me securing ball is paramount and it wasn’t done. 2 turnovers conceded or didn’t you see those .. perhaps im a bit critical of Jack because he seems to play a more structured game .. I always go for the heads up player and IMHO Nic beats him at that . Anyway.. onwards and upward

Broken arrow
Broken arrow
03 November, 2019 22:00
Quote:
minuteman
Quote:
Broken arrow
Quote:
minuteman

I just said what i saw Broken Arrow.. for me securing ball is paramount and it wasn’t done. 2 turnovers conceded or didn’t you see those .. perhaps im a bit critical of Jack because he seems to play a more structured game .. I always go for the heads up player and IMHO Nic beats him at that . Anyway.. onwards and upward

If I’m honest, I didn’t see any turnovers that could in any way be attributed to Jack ! But as you say, onwards and upwards.

ExTeddChief
ExTeddChief
03 November, 2019 22:32
Good old fashioned Chiefs turnaround though that was a messy performance overall. It's fine having the majority of posession but you have to do something with it - luckilly things came good in the end for our first Premiership away win of the season.

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha
04 November, 2019 07:13
As said above, swings and roundabouts, the TV pundits picked up the foul play that led to their first try but the TMO must have been on his tea break, and Harry’s try seemed a tad fortunate but the ref did check it before deeming it fine.
Fatialofa‘S tackle was pretty stupid and IMHO, reckless and merited a yellow card, but it gave us a penalty and field position so move on!
Thought the front row did well, particularly Harry and Jack playing the full 80 in pretty atrocious conditions come the end. Vermeulen is also starting to earn his spurs!
Let’s hope our World Cup cavalry get back soon!

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals
04 November, 2019 07:45
A messy win that didn't look likely at 17-3 down.
A combination of wuss getting sloppy and us upping it earned us the win.
Surprised no one has mentioned the ladder.... Its in the media being criticesd.... Loophole in the law!
Kvesic had a good game, Hogg showed signs of what he's capable off and Harry was also my mom.
3 games in and we have 2 wins and an away LBP.
Not firing yet and it's early days..... Plenty to improve on.

I drink and forget stuff!

Broken arrow
Broken arrow
04 November, 2019 08:33
The Wuss centres made ours look very pedestrian, ours continually got the ball and ran sideways ! Roll on the return of Slade, Nowell and Devoto. I still think when Don and Sam Skinner are fit we will see a marked improvement in our forward play.

Poking With Sticks
Poking With Sticks
04 November, 2019 10:03
I'm not too worried. Once the rain starting coming down we reverted to a pragmatic game and looked our old selves. The crowd didn't like it much but, hey, whatever it takes to win.

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha
04 November, 2019 10:28
Was a bit surprised when Nic White kicked the ball off the pitch when we were in a good position on their 22. I thought we might have pushed for a bonus point try but perhaps this is our new found pragmatism coming to the fore!

Broken arrow
Broken arrow
04 November, 2019 11:33
Quote:
Lowerwatha
Was a bit surprised when Nic White kicked the ball off the pitch when we were in a good position on their 22. I thought we might have pushed for a bonus point try but perhaps this is our new found pragmatism coming to the fore!

I was very happy to see the ball booted off the pitch, not sure my nerves could have taken any more stress. Plus my wife was wanting to get back for Strictly !!!

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO
04 November, 2019 13:58
Well done on the win we know that you play to the end. Not a fan of the ladder ruck especially when Williams isn't bound at the front.
Appologies for the booing during the conversion, unusual for Sixways. I think it came about becasue Foley seemed to indicate a Wuss penalty only to then chnge it to a Exeter try. This weasn't shown on TV coverage, but it confused me at the time. Apparently he got his signals mixed up and was indicting a Wuss strip and then a Ex one followd by the try signal. Still no excuse during a kick though - before and after OK in by book.
Heard virtually nothing from the Exeter supporters during the game which is also unusual.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net