Latest news:

..... Chiefs into Prem Final for 4th year in a row.... Next up it's Sarries at Twickenham .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Exeter 34 Glasgow 18
Discussion started by Lowerwatha (IP Logged), 23 November, 2019 17:33
MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha
23 November, 2019 17:33
After a scrappy first half we got back on track to records a second bonus point win in Europe.
The two Simmonds played well and Slade and Nowell were excellent!!

MESSAGES->author
Shouting Prarie Dog
23 November, 2019 17:44
Flats was my MOM. Admittedly I was watching on telly (damn these trapped nerves )and not there but his performances seem to improve with every game.
A great second half performance from Chiefs who went back to our default game (and our strength), deny the opposition territory and posession. And then slice them open.

smileys with beer(Sm53)

Just a farm team from Devon.
We know who we be!

The lowest depth to which people can sink before Truth is defined by the word 'God'.

Pawel Vygot. 2018

Tiverton Brave
Tiverton Brave
23 November, 2019 18:33
I thought that was the best game we've played in a looonnnggg time.

A poor first half, but weathered the storm - including Hastings cheating with penalties.

That second half was near perfect. We played all the rugby in the right areas and the way we strangled them and kept them in their 22 was soooo good to see.

Flats was impressive- to say the least and I thought Whitten played out of his skin. I had thought he was a 'busted flush' but he was on everything today.

Not sure I'd have given MOM to Jack as there were so many others who put their hand up.

A fab performance, well done Chiefs AND the ETC which finally woke up after half time!

ExTeddChief
ExTeddChief
23 November, 2019 19:37
I still say the La Rochelle performance was slightly better as it was more of an 80 minute performance but...that was a mindblowing second half so...at time of writing I believe we're number 1 seeds!

Even if this is only briefly...we've never had a European campaign quite like this...just have to not do vs Sale what we did vs Glaws last year now...

(Sm50)

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals
23 November, 2019 19:44
Wow..... Excellent second 40 from the boys.... Great kicking game pinning Glasgow back and forcing them to come out.
Hogg is invaluable but I have to mention Sladey kicking for touch and territory and young Joe is becoming a very accomplished place kicker.
I thought O'flaherty was great today and possibly should have had mom. He's improving every game and is a real threat.
We were a bit dumb first 40 and fair to Glasgow they had a right go and at half time I wasn't overly confident.
Special mention to Alec Hepburn.... He looks a mess but gave his all...... Should he have started tho?

Well done boys on backing up last week's magnificent win in France.

I drink and forget stuff!

MESSAGES->author
fatheralice
23 November, 2019 19:44
Hastings cheating a penalties.....

Slade also took a 5M run before his excellent kick to the corner. It happens every game, by every kicker
As for his kicks at the posts. He was inside 40M, and cleared the bar by about 15M. Made zero difference to any of his kicks.
Really not worth getting worked up about!

The only time it is worth worrying about is if it is clearly at the limit of a kickers range. It was certainly not that today.

Tiverton Brave
Tiverton Brave
24 November, 2019 10:53
I take your point Father but if he is that good, why sneak the ball forward at all. It was interesting to see him do it...everytime the ref looked away, he shuffled the ball forward.
Ingrained cheat is all can think...shame really but, as you say, nothing to get worked up about especially given the result AND he hit the post with his conversion attempt. Karma?? smiling smiley

mommentum
mommentum
24 November, 2019 12:30
Twas the forwards that won it, it was only when we got them in the tight and milked the penalties did we start to get any control in the game.

LCD chop tackling is a thing of beauty

goss8800
Chief Fire Water
24 November, 2019 12:35
Quote:
Tiverton Brave
I take your point Father but if he is that good, why sneak the ball forward at all. It was interesting to see him do it...everytime the ref looked away, he shuffled the ball forward.
Ingrained cheat is all can think...shame really but, as you say, nothing to get worked up about especially given the result AND he hit the post with his conversion attempt. Karma?? smiling smiley

All kickers try to take a few extra yards with the kicks. Its a professional sport and all players try to get an extra advantage which could win them the game, its like players taking a knee to get their breath back. To call it cheating is a bit harsh

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals
24 November, 2019 20:26
It's not like his kicks were that far out tbh...... But that aside..... Just watched the game again and what a second half performance.... Jack eluded to the boys getting a kick up the @#$%& at half time in his mom interview......... And did anyone else see the "Cream on first" Devon flag? Lol

I drink and forget stuff!

MESSAGES->author
Toomanychiefs
24 November, 2019 22:39
Better from Exe,but i still worry about our erratic form over the course of a whole game.
Much more consistency needed over the whole 80mins. When we are good we are very very good but when we are bad we are horrid!

MESSAGES->author
Clyst Colt Chief
25 November, 2019 06:42
Quote:
Chief Fire Water
Quote:
Tiverton Brave

All kickers try to take a few extra yards with the kicks. Its a professional sport and all players try to get an extra advantage which could win them the game, its like players taking a knee to get their breath back. To call it cheating is a bit harsh

Oh Well ... Perhaps putting it down to repeated Admin Errors will appease ...

"Get on Exe"

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha
25 November, 2019 11:21
Who took over the captaincy when Jack Yeandle went off?

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals
25 November, 2019 11:24
Quote:
Lowerwatha
Who took over the captaincy when Jack Yeandle went off?

I know Steeno took it when he came on.

Poking With Sticks
Poking With Sticks
25 November, 2019 12:17
Probably Slade then as per the previous week?

MESSAGES->author
Tribester
25 November, 2019 17:44
Agreed the forwards earnt that win.
That's a couple of wacks on the arm Captain Jack has taken in the last few weeks, and has been really putting in the minutes on the pitch and playing well.
In fact all the forwards did on Saturday.
Special mention to Heppers, if that face hurt half as bad as it looked!
Jonny the giraffe Hill has that line out working well, and those long arms proved their worth with that try. Dave D next to him certainly throws himself about.
Big Dave getting back to his best, and Simmo, dying to show us and Eddie what we've missed over the last year.
But what a signing Jacques has been, proper hard tackler and great engine.
I didn't realise Joe Simmonds kicking stats were that good until I heard the commentary after.
Sladey looking class and Jack trying to lead the Opta rankings.
Hoggy dying to score against his old team, has an amazing step, step, step.
My MOM was O'Flats, great under the high ball, cuts the attacking lines well, gets stuck in tackling the big boys, and those wheels for Henrys kick through!

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha
25 November, 2019 19:48
But what a signing Jacques has been, proper hard tackler and great engine.

My thoughts exactly Tribester, he also has a great skillset and still developing, my only worry is South Africa might be calling and we could lose him for internationals.

mommentum
mommentum
26 November, 2019 20:00
Jonny Hill is outstanding in the lineout on our ball, but rarely do we nick the opposition ball.

of the starting lineup only Ewers is good at turning the ball over, which will not be enough to go a long way in Europe

Glad to see Slade has learned a more all round kicking game while away with England

Zyder head
Zyder head
26 November, 2019 20:39
Quote:
mommentum
Jonny Hill is outstanding in the lineout on our ball, but rarely do we nick the opposition ball.
of the starting lineup only Ewers is good at turning the ball over, which will not be enough to go a long way in Europe

Glad to see Slade has learned a more all round kicking game while away with England

I have wondered why we don't seem to steal as much opposition ball as we used to?
I remember Don,Deano and Damian Welch were all a threat to opposition at line out time in the past, especially Don at the front.
I am sure that between them they led the stats for stealing line out ball.
Do we really try and nick opposition ball now?

Axe Chief
Axe Chief
26 November, 2019 23:01
I think you are correct ZH, certainly that does seem so.
Although referees are definitely being far more 'relaxed' at penalising the throw, are they hotter on touching the opposing jumper? [viz, the last line-out v Bristol] If so perhaps Chiefs tactics may reflect their apparent lessen of challenging?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net