Latest news:

..... Chiefs into Prem Final for 4th year in a row.... Next up it's Sarries at Twickenham .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Chiefs 38 Wasps 3
Discussion started by Lowerwatha (IP Logged), 30 November, 2019 17:15
MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha
30 November, 2019 17:15
Thought this was going to be a struggle without the likes of Yeandle, Hogg and Slade but sounds like we ripped it up in the second half again.
Second for now, looks like we are getting our mojo back!

Master Chief
Master Chief
30 November, 2019 17:28
Superb second half. O’Flaherty fantastic again. Hope his i hey isn’t too bad, hopefully just a rolled ankle.

Kirsten looked big and physical, both in the tackle and the carry. LCD back to his best. Good to have Armand back. And great to see a try from a rolling maul.. hopefully that will give the boys the confidence they can do that more often this season.

MESSAGES->author
Toomanychiefs
30 November, 2019 18:42
Good second half performance again. First half was very poor after a great start.
What Ben Moon was doing to upset Mr Tempest god only knows but it was a good call to replace him.
My mom was Ian Whitten,I thought he was absolutely fantastic today.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/11/2019 19:31 by Toomanychiefs.

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals
30 November, 2019 19:17
Excellent second half...... But first half we were very poor.
Tom O'flaherty was awesome..... Amazing try..... But I'd have given mom to Whitten..... He was immense today.
Don't know what Moon was doing that upset Mr Tempest but it was a wise call to take him off..... Our scrum improved tenfold. Good to see Steenson start and indeed have a good game.... LCD was great today also.
We do look very good when we are on point but we also look quite ordinary when we aren't on our game.
Wasps were poor imo....... Well played boys!

I drink and forget stuff!

Littledeepea
Otter Supper
30 November, 2019 20:06
A tad disrespectful to Wasps, l think JS. They were still in it at half time but then lost both locks which gave us a great advantage at scrum time.

Do agree with you re Whits, Mr reliable, always involved and gives his all.

A bit of a lottery at scrum time, Ben was given a final warning, then subbed, Brooks was given a final warning, not subbed, then binned.

Littledeepea
Otter Supper
30 November, 2019 20:15
Also on his post match interview Rob said that Alex Cuthbert needs an op and his rehab will be dependent on the outcome of that.

On the positive side Ollie D & Olly W have been in full training and are ready to go.

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals
30 November, 2019 20:25
Quote:
Otter Supper
A tad disrespectful to Wasps, l think JS. They were still in it at half time but then lost both locks which gave us a great advantage at scrum time.

Disrespectful how Otter Supper?? They showed little attacking threat first half and we nullified thier attack second half so don't see what you mean!

Broken arrow
Broken arrow
30 November, 2019 21:04
Have to agree with Otter Supper, I thought we were going to go in at half time at 10-10, was well happy we kept them out. Second half wasps were a tad unlucky with injuries, that for me was a very good result.

MESSAGES->author
clalan
30 November, 2019 22:39
It seemed like last years Harlequins all over again, Wasps incredibly slow to every line out. Did any of their team not go down injured at some point, with only two showing any real injuries.
They conned the ref in the scrum until we changed props and then they got caught out.
Not impressed by Wasps but more annoyed we made them look ok in first half by our own ineptness.

MESSAGES->author
Tom A Hawk
30 November, 2019 23:37
Quote:
Toomanychiefs
What Ben Moon was doing to upset Mr Tempest god only knows but it was a good call to replace him.

Agreed, Moon and Brookes where going back and forth trading penalties today, of the four penalties against Mooner they where seemingly mostly for him losing his bind and dropping the scrum. Exe did the right thing subbing him off after getting warned, Wasps however didn't sub Brookes off after getting warned so have only themselves to blame for him getting binned.

MESSAGES->author
fatheralice
01 December, 2019 02:30
On the subject of the sin bin, where was the yellow card following the penalty try?

The laws state a pen try should also see the offender sin binned. Just because Brookes was carded moments before doesn't change that. Johnson was very obviously the person who prevented the ball being grounded, so should have walked.

Poor refereeing.

MESSAGES->author
Toomanychiefs
01 December, 2019 11:41
Agree with JS here. Wasps should have taken better advantage of the possession they had in the first half. A better team on the day would have really punished us. Thier set piece was dominant in the first half and to come away with only three points must be very disappointing for them.
Whilst I applaud our defensive efforts,I just got the impression Wasps could have offered more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2019 11:42 by Toomanychiefs.

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha
01 December, 2019 12:44
Dai Young’s post match comment;

Exeter are a good side but the really frustrating thing is we had nine entries into Exeter’s 22 and came away with nothing; they had nine entries and scored five tries! They were far more ruthless and pressure told in the end.

Exeforever
Exeforever
01 December, 2019 13:16
I too thought that Tempest was awful. Brookes was clearly trying to milk penalties at scrum time as, when he couldn't drive Ben Moon down, we won a penalty every time and whenever there was a scrum or lineout one or more of the Wasps players conveniently "took a knee". They were clearly expecting to get thrashed and seemed determined to keep the ball in play time to a minimum. Whilst it is difficult for a referee to decide whether or not a player is genuinely injured surely Tempest should have spoken to the Wasps Captain about the 'convenience' of their injuries?

Mom could have gone to Armand, Kirsten, Steeno, Tom or half a dozen other players. Much, much better performance than that against Bristol and the centre pairing (that has come in for a lot of criticism on here) wasn't too shabby either.

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha
01 December, 2019 16:40
Odd that Ben Moon getting pinged for scrum infringements, in the last two games we have struggled early doors when Alec Hepburn has started and Ben has come on and steadied the scrum. Technically I think Ben is our best scrummager bu obviously Mr Tempest thinks otherwise.

Zyder head
Zyder head
01 December, 2019 20:39
Quote:
Exeforever
I
Mom could have gone to Armand, Kirsten, Steeno, Tom or half a dozen other players. Much, much better performance than that against Bristol and the centre pairing (that has come in for a lot of criticism on here) wasn't too shabby either.
I can't remember too much criticism of our centre pairing?
They are both direct,hard running very committed players,solid tacklers generally that give their all for the shirt. That is the problem though,they are both very similar.
Not a criticism but a statement of the obvious surely?
( Imo of course.)
They are playing together because of injuries and will never let anyone down and are doing a fine job as they always do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2019 20:41 by Zyder head.

Poking With Sticks
Poking With Sticks
02 December, 2019 09:58
Quote:
Jehovas Sandals
Quote:
Otter Supper

Disrespectful how Otter Supper?? They showed little attacking threat first half and we nullified thier attack second half so don't see what you mean!

I thought they showed quite a lot of attacking threat in the first half. We were pinned to our line. If Flats and LCD hadn't covered so much ground we might've gone into half-time level.

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals
02 December, 2019 10:26
Quote:
Poking With Sticks
Quote:
Jehovas Sandals
Quote:
Otter Supper

I thought they showed quite a lot of attacking threat in the first half. We were pinned to our line. If Flats and LCD hadn't covered so much ground we might've gone into half-time level.

I admit they were in our half a fair bit but if they were any good, as I've said, would have been more fruitful.
We have had some high scoring encounters with them in previous seasons, keeping them to just 3 points and thier failure to take advantage of some time in our 22 tells me they are a poor side at present.
Go on thier board and you'll see that thier own fans think they are too....... Its by no means disrespectful.

I drink and forget stuff!

Axe Chief
Axe Chief
02 December, 2019 13:36
I thought it was a really typical Chiefs' performance against a Premiership side that defended well for as long as they had good energy. It has been noticeable that the line speed of all sides has improved. Most of the PL sides can do this better, as long as they can keep their reserves intact. So at our best it has often taken us a while to drain the opposition's enthusiasm.
What we may have been lacking is upping the tempo when our opponents have started to flag.

That's how I saw our, and Wasps, performance, . . . . . . . . . . . . . . and the return to their more routine contribution from consistent players like Don, Whits & LCD.

What pleased me most was the boss recognising a player who I think has integrated so quickly and contributed a lot. The amount of work, his support of others and his versatility must make Jannes one of the best bargains from the SA flood.

mommentum
mommentum
02 December, 2019 18:37
What pleased me most was the boss recognising a player who I think has integrated so quickly and contributed a lot. The amount of work, his support of others and his versatility must make Jannes one of the best bargains from the SA flood.[/quote]

the Boss has previous, i didnt think Tom oFlaherty would contribute to this team

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net