Latest news:

..... .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
England 6 Nation Team
Discussion started by Boldeagle (IP Logged), 20 January, 2020 12:39
MESSAGES->author
Boldeagle
20 January, 2020 12:39
England
Forwards: Luke Cowan-, Tom Curry, Tom Dunn, Ben Earl, Charlie Ewels, Ellis Genge, Jamie George, Ted Hill, Maro Itoje, George Kruis, Joe Launchbury, Courtney Lawes, Lewis Ludlam, Joe Marler, Alex Moon, Kyle Sinckler, Will Stuart, Sam Underhill, Mako Vunipola, Harry Williams.
Backs: Elliot Daly, Ollie Devoto, Fraser Dingwall, Owen Farrell, George Ford, George Furbank, Willi Heinz, Jonathan Joseph, Jonny May, Ollie Thorley, Manu Tuilagi, Jacob Umaga, Anthony Watson, Ben Youngs.

No Jack - unbelievable
Well done Devo

G-force
Running Bear
20 January, 2020 12:48
The BBC is reporting that Jack Nowell is unavailable due to needing further surgery on his recurring ankle problem.

Huge congratulations to Luke, Harry and Ollie D. very well deserved.

G-force
Running Bear
20 January, 2020 12:50
Jack's ankle problem now confirmed on Offy.

Poking With Sticks
Poking With Sticks
20 January, 2020 12:51
Sam Simmonds and Jonny Hill very unlucky to be left out. Joe too for my money.

Celtic Chieftain
Celtic Chieftain
20 January, 2020 13:38
Quote:
Poking With Sticks
Sam Simmonds and Jonny Hill very unlucky to be left out. Joe too for my money.

Agree. Pleased to see Harry W back in, thoroughly deserved, but it is strange to see Chiefs players being kept out of the England squad by people who wouldn't make our matchday 23....

ExTeddChief
ExTeddChief
20 January, 2020 13:47
Very odd selection for reasons already mentioned...I'll accept injury concerns as an excuse to leave Jack out but yeah...a load of Sarries and Leicester players in the squad when it's Chiefs that are top of the league!

Fine though, England's loss is Chiefs gain.

From a general England fan's point of view, that squad should still have its uses at least.

fatheralice
fatheralice
20 January, 2020 13:50
Our opposition during the really couldn't have worked out better...

Sale AT HOME - 6N training week (Sale have 1 away with Eng, and at home)
LV SF AT HOME - 6N Fra v Eng
Rest week - 6N Scot v Eng
Glaws away - 6N rest week (Glaws have 2 away, so might get Thorley back for this)
Saint AT HOME - 6N Eng v Ire (Saints have 5 away + Mitchell and at home)
Quins away - 6N Rest week (Quins have 2 away, but both starting props, so unlikely to be returned)
Bath AT HOME - 6N Eng v Wales (Bath have 6 away and at home
LV Final? - 6N Ita v Eng
Tigers AT HOME - week after 6N - (Tigers had 5 away , many players on mandatory rest this week and at home)

apart from Saracens who we ignore as they are irrelevant these days

Bath, Saints and Tigers then Quins (due to both starting props being away) are the next most depleted teams, and most of them are at home!

All that said, I'd much rather not have Prem games overlap with internationals at all, so hopefully the new season structure can remedy this next season onwards.

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha
20 January, 2020 14:06
I ‘m puzzled as to why Ludlam and Moon of Saints get the nod ahead of Sam Simmonds and Jonny Hill. Being top of the Premiership and second seed in Europe doesn’t count for much!
I thought we were supposed to be building toward the next RWC so why pick Heinz ahead of Spencer and why not bring some young scrum halves as apprentices because we are certainly lacking in this position!

andy15
andy15
20 January, 2020 17:22
I think if Jones picked Earl who is a great prospect it was always going to be difficult for Simmonds notwithstanding his outstanding performances this season, as too similar. The 9 is a massive issue for England but currently no easy solution for Jones and he has gone for what he knows, which will be 'slow ball' Youngs.
Johny Hill unlucky but there is depth there.
Most pleased for Harry his absence from W/C was tough and this season his form has been great.
Think it will be a tough 6N for England this year and Jones suggesting this squad moving forward could produce the best ever England 15 is just his usual twaddle with no real thought or substance.

MESSAGES->author
minuteman
20 January, 2020 17:42
Moon has caught the eye and looks a real prospect but must have been a tight call.
I reckon Ben Earl and Sam had a flip of the coin and Ben won .. he looks a great player and very similar to Sam .
Definitely think Joe was unlucky too

mommentum
mommentum
26 January, 2020 12:57
[quote Lowerwatha]I ‘m puzzled as to why Ludlam and Moon of Saints get the nod ahead of Sam Simmonds and Jonny Hill.
because they have an Southern hemisphere coach at Saints and play the way Ed understands.

Ben Earl may have a cause in his contract with the Ottomans that if he gets a England cap he gets a pay rise, this could push the Ottomans over the salary cap

Wampum
Wampum
29 January, 2020 12:25
Can't be bothered to comment on EJ selections any more.

ExTeddChief
ExTeddChief
29 January, 2020 13:38
With Ben Earl, I'm wondering if EJ wants a look at him before Sarries get relegated. Let's face it, next year, picking what will be Championship players is going to be hard to justify. Farell, Itoje etc are proven at international level so EJ may be able to blag then into the squad without too much heat but the likes of Earl?

MESSAGES->author
minuteman
29 January, 2020 18:41
Quote:
ExTeddChief
With Ben Earl, I'm wondering if EJ wants a look at him before Sarries get relegated. Let's face it, next year, picking what will be Championship players is going to be hard to justify. Farell, Itoje etc are proven at international level so EJ may be able to blag then into the squad without too much heat but the likes of Earl?

A good point ... he looks a real handful and what you suggest makes sense. If retained it will be good to see how he goes

Cov in Somerset
Cov in the Cut
31 January, 2020 10:58
Luke and Ollie on the bench for France!

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha
31 January, 2020 11:09
England team to face France

15 George Furbank (Northampton Saints, uncapped)

14 Jonny May (Leicester Tigers, 52 caps)

13 Manu Tuilagi (Leicester Tigers, 40 caps)

12 Owen Farrell (Saracens, capt 79 caps)

11 Elliot Daly (Saracens, 39 caps)

10 George Ford (Leicester Tigers, 65 caps)

9 Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers, 95 caps)

1 Joe Marler (Harlequins, 68 caps)

2 Jamie George (Saracens, 45 caps)

3 Kyle Sinckler (Harlequins, 31 caps)

4 Maro Itoje (Saracens, 34 caps)

5 Charlie Ewels (Bath Rugby, 12 caps)

6 Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints, 81 caps)

7 Sam Underhill (Bath Rugby, 15 caps)

8 Tom Curry (Sale Sharks, 19 caps)

16 Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs, 21 caps)

17 Ellis Genge (Leicester Tigers, 14 caps)

18 Will Stuart (Bath Rugby, uncapped)

19 George Kruis (Saracens, 41 caps)

20 Lewis Ludlam (Northampton Saints, 6 caps)

21 Willi Heinz (Gloucester Rugby, 9 caps)

22 Ollie Devoto (Exeter Chiefs, 1 cap)

23 Jonathan Joseph (Bath Rugby, 47 caps)

ExTeddChief
ExTeddChief
31 January, 2020 11:12
Furbank's got a baptism of fire but other than that let's see what happens.

emohawk
emohawk
31 January, 2020 11:49
The start of becoming 'the best rugby team the world has ever seen?' What total codswallop as usual.

cornwallchief
cornwallchief
31 January, 2020 12:36
Am I blinkered with rosy specs about the chiefs players? Is Harry Williams injured ? Perhaps he and Eddy don't get on or there is some simmering Sarries feeling; I would not blame him for that. For such a successful premiership and European club this year there is a very sparse number of chiefs players. I am beginning to think Eddie Jones and Stuart Barnes are stable-mates.

Zyder head
Zyder head
31 January, 2020 12:46
I personally think Eddie knows he is not as good a coach as Rob so doesn't pick Chiefs players as he knows he can't get the best out of them like Rob can.......lol
On a serious note,I am looking forward to seeing how France turn up.
Different coaching set up with Shaun Edwards involved could be a shift in performance for them?
Could be a good watch for a neutral this and maybe a tough afternoon for England, looking a bit lightweight in the hard yard carrying department without the Vunipolas.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net