Latest news:

..... .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Scotland v England
Discussion started by Jehovas Sandals (IP Logged), 08 February, 2020 18:54
Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals
08 February, 2020 18:54
Not a great spectacle and definitely one for the purists.
Shocking conditions which I question why was Farrell kicking for goal?
Fairly even game and I think England just about worked with the conditions better.
Disappointed that Devoto didnít get a run out

I drink and forget stuff!

MESSAGES->author
minuteman
08 February, 2020 19:21
Not even purists enjoyed it . ... suprised England won it .. land not looking like world cup finalists at present.

MESSAGES->author
Toomanychiefs
08 February, 2020 20:31
Don't see why you were suprised England won. Scotland didn't cope well with the conditions just like England.
Two teams struggling with form and weather but England had that little bit more.

Zyder head
Zyder head
08 February, 2020 20:52
Fair to say Scotland lost it I think rather than England won the match.
Unfortunately for him it all hinged on Hoggys error really.
Some great defence by England but some strange tactics,as JS pointed out bizarre that England were taking kicks at goal with the chances of success at 25% or probably much less with the wind when England had a relatively secure line out and we could have scrummaged or taken tap penalties to get that bit closer to the line.
Hoggy has been ok for us with flashes of brilliance but he is nowhere near the form that he has shown for Scotland or Glasgow previously. He is class though so although he is in a poor run of form he will come back.
Without him on form or Finn Russell they really lack the X factor that could and probably should have won that game for Scotland today.
I thought Sir was very good for England today,we got most of the 50/50s our way which is decisive in a close match.

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha
08 February, 2020 21:42
Scotland played well into the wind for the first 20 minutes of the second half by keeping the ball in hand assisted by some amateurish box kicking by Heinz. It took the introduction of Ben Youngs to turn things Englandís way.
England got lucky with their lack of backs on the bench because amazingly they didnít have any injuries or HIAs.

goss8800
Chief Fire Water
08 February, 2020 21:49
An embarrassing performance by bath teams

The conditions are no excuse. This are meant to be professional players, surely they train in the wind and rain as well.

Very poor

clalan
clalan
08 February, 2020 23:50
We were rudderless, seemed to be no real game plan, to many players out of their comfort zone and position. Lack of a dedicated eight showed again, we didnít deserve to win, but this coach rides his luck.
One of the poorest six nations matches Iíve seen

Exeforever
Exeforever
09 February, 2020 10:05
Quote:
Chief Fire Water
An embarrassing performance by bath teams
The conditions are no excuse. This are meant to be professional players, surely they train in the wind and rain as well.

Very poor

Yes, just like most of their other performances (Sm15)

John Tee
John Tee
09 February, 2020 10:09
Frustratingly, no one, again, takes control.
The wind is a factor big time... remember that when kicking marginals and dont be greedy be effective. Brainless.
Do we actually have any leaders or generals out there..
I guess we were caught out with a sudden storm too..

plymptonchief
plymptonchief
09 February, 2020 10:38
I think "Hoggy's error is overplayed. He could have been more precise about grounding the ball but he had no option other than to take it back over the line and concede the 5m scrum. More worrying for me is his lack of sureness under the high ball. However, it can't be easy being the one upon whom the rest of the team rely for game changing moments of brilliance.

MESSAGES->author
DumnoniiNomad
09 February, 2020 14:43
Farrell seems to be lead exclusively by his personal international points tally ... or is it just me? With a little more faith, England could have been 21-0 half time.
As for Devoto ... a real shame, but hardly surprising given the track record of EJ. Will time run out before he learns to pick on form and not just potential?

Footy Chief
Footy Chief
09 February, 2020 15:01
England missing their most explosive players... Nowell Cokanasiga Watson Tuilagi Billy Vunipola even Slade ! Any team will struggle in those conditions without that threat on the park. Easy to say that our player pool should be able to handle injuries but a team is made on the park not on paper!

ExTeddChief
ExTeddChief
09 February, 2020 16:35
Not exactly a classic but it wasn't going to be in those conditions. Winning at Murrayfield is never easy so just happy with the result!

Zyder head
Zyder head
09 February, 2020 16:36
Quote:
Footy Chief
England missing their most explosive players... Nowell Cokanasiga Watson Tuilagi Billy Vunipola even Slade ! Any team will struggle in those conditions without that threat on the park. Easy to say that our player pool should be able to handle injuries but a team is made on the park not on paper!

I don't disagree with that Footy C but the fact remains that considering the conditions he didn't pick any explosive ball carriers in the backs or even the back row to replace the explosive ball carriers missing injured!
He got the bench split right but as a general rule EJ has used up my patience now.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net