Latest news:

..... .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Teams Up vs Glaws
Discussion started by Lowerwatha (IP Logged), 13 February, 2020 12:01
MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha
13 February, 2020 12:01
CHIEFS SIDE TO FACE GLOUCESTER

15 Stuart Hogg
14 Tom O’Flaherty
13 Ian Whitten
12 Sam Hill
11 Olly Woodburn
10 Gareth Steenson (capt)
9 Nic White
1 Ben Moon
2 Elvis Taione
3 Harry Williams
4 Jannes Kirsten
5 Jonny Hill
6 Dave Ewers
7 Jacques Vermeulen
8 Sam Simmonds

16 Jordon Poole
17 Billy Keast
18 Enrique Pieretto
19 Dave Dennis
20 Sam Skinner
21 Jack Maunder
22 Harvey Skinner
23 Phil Dollman

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha
13 February, 2020 12:06
Gloucester Rugby

15. Matt Banahan;
14. Louis Rees-Zammit,
13, Chris Harris,
12. Billy Twelvetrees,
11. Tom Marshall;
10. Danny Cipriani,
9. Joe Simpson;
1. Val Rapava-Ruskin,
2. Franco Marais,
3. Fraser Balmain;
4. Gerbrandt Grobler,
5. Franco Mostert (capt);
6. Ruan Ackermann,
7. Lewis Ludlow,
8. Ben Morgan

Replacements:

16. Todd Gleave,
17. Josh Hohneck,
18. Ciaran Knight,
19. Ed Slater,
20. Freddie Clarke,
21. Jake Polledri,
22. Callum Braley,
23. Mark Atkinson

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/02/2020 12:14 by Lowerwatha.

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha
13 February, 2020 12:10
Match Officials

Referee: Craig Maxwell-Keys
Assistant Referees Adam Leal and Phil Watters
Tmo: Claire Hodnett

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha
13 February, 2020 12:13
Weather Forecast

A slight chance of light rain in the buildup to the match with a moderate breeze.
Temperature around 9 degrees.

MESSAGES->author
Boldeagle
13 February, 2020 12:36
No Kev again, must be off.

Exeforever
Exeforever
13 February, 2020 13:35
The back 5 (of the scrum) is now so competitive with Sam Skinner back that at least two players are going to be disappointed every week. I suspect that we shall see Richard Capstick easing into the mix as well once the u20s is over. It's part of the price of success; inevitably some players are going to be pushed down the pecking order but it will be a shame if we lose either, or both, of Kev and Don Armand.

ExTeddChief
ExTeddChief
13 February, 2020 13:45
Hogg and Williams are back! I'll take a piece of that action but Glaws don't look like mugs either so we'll need to be on our game to get back to winning ways.

westglos
westglos
13 February, 2020 14:08
Any thoughts on our 6/2 bench split, guys?

MESSAGES->author
minuteman
13 February, 2020 18:37
Quote:
westglos
Any thoughts on our 6/2 bench split, guys?
Its a great bench .. given how we play and the players youve picked .... a 6/2 split is wise..

MESSAGES->author
clalan
13 February, 2020 22:57
Its probably the best we can field at the moment, hope Olly and Tom step up defensively.
I can see it being a long night, very long, very hard place to win even at full strength.
But these are the games we need to win, but can't help worrying about 11 and 14 add a ten that has improved defensively but not as Strong as Simmonds but will give 110% every match. You have a great front foot team, but under pressure could be frail. Need the Centers to have a stormer of a game.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/02/2020 23:08 by clalan.

chief in exile
chief in exile
14 February, 2020 06:22
Would be more than happy with a point. Survive the next 4 weeks and be around the top 4 before bringing back the 7/8 players we are missing for various reasons.

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha
14 February, 2020 08:12
Is Joe Simmonds injured?

I think we need to look seriously at recruiting another quality fly half, Steeno is probably in his last season and the cupboard looks pretty bare!

Littledeepea
Otter Supper
14 February, 2020 08:28
Joe is still suspended. Free to play again from Monday 17th.

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha
14 February, 2020 10:51
Devoto and Cowan-Dickie have hardly played during the past two Six Nations games. Surely it would make sense to let them play some part in tonight’s game to keep them match fit.

Oops I just noted I am talking about sense and Eddie Jones!

Zyder head
Zyder head
14 February, 2020 11:22
Personally speaking I hope it is damp and drizzly and turns into a bit of an arm wrestle. I think Glos are expecting that with their 6/2 bench split.
If it was dry and an open game they would probably be strong favourites but if we can recover our power game then we can get a result.
Key points are Elvis and having a secure line out, without that we will struggle.
Similarly at scrum time,whoever gets an advantage there could decide the game.
If Nic at scrum half can edge his personal battle then that could also be decisive.
Joe Simpson is a great attacking sh but Willi Heinz is better at controlling a game and is first choice there for a reason imo.
I expect us to be very competitive in this game,the players have some wrongs to right after the Sale first half so I expect a reaction.
Their bench looks strong but I feel we can win this if we play to somewhere near our best.

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha
14 February, 2020 12:05
Devoto and Cowan-Dickie have hardly played during the past two Six Nations games. Surely it would make sense to let them play some part in tonight’s game to keep them match fit.

Oops I just noted I am talking about sense and Eddie Jones!

Broken arrow
Broken arrow
14 February, 2020 20:38
So, Nic White is off for 4 weeks, goes off on holiday, comes back and is picked to start against Glos !!!
Why ??? Thus far in this game, he’s missed tackles, kicked poorly, given away possession and looks unfit !! In Rob we trust, in Ali, well I’m not sure I do !

Currychief
Currychief
14 February, 2020 21:14
And there I was thinking that Nic White was making such a difference for Chiefs?

Currychief
Currychief
14 February, 2020 21:19
As for Williams, what does he need to do to get a start for England???

Broken arrow
Broken arrow
14 February, 2020 21:46
Quote:
Currychief
As for Williams, what does he need to do to get a start for England???

I totally agree with you re Williams but will stick with my thoughts re White.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net