Latest news:

..... .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Allianz
Discussion started by Toomanychiefs (IP Logged), 13 February, 2020 12:54
MESSAGES->author
Toomanychiefs
13 February, 2020 12:54
With the announcement that Allianz is to terminate it's contract with Saracens I do hope that major player sponsors such as Gallagher are not put off associating themselves with the somewhat tarnished image of rugby union.

SimonG19
SimonG19
13 February, 2020 14:58
I would think a Premiership without Saracens would greatly improve the image of rugby union in the eyes of a sponsor.

Until they return obviously.

Peter Ord
OAP (Over a pint)
13 February, 2020 15:26
I had hoped wed be past all this vitriol by now but hey give it large now but our time will come and there will be many waiting to kick us.

MESSAGES->author
Toomanychiefs
13 February, 2020 16:56
No vitriol here OAP. Just saying what I hope dosnt happen.
Time will tell.

cornwallchief
cornwallchief
13 February, 2020 17:09
Quote:
OAP (Over a pint)
I had hoped wed be past all this vitriol by now but hey give it large now but our time will come and there will be many waiting to kick us.
Hi OAP [Over a Pint] Chiefs already have come in for a lot of 'vitriol' from Mr Barnes who does not like the way we play. Fair enough as everyone is entitled to a view on that - we get it already - but the Saracens cheating is on a different scale. It could not really have been bigger - it will crop up from time to time for many years. That is as it should be especially their lack of contrition and given their cups remain with them. They have damaged rugby's credibility and many will now regard the elite sport achievements with rumour an d suspicion [as in all cycling and athletics]. Live with it because if Chiefs become as successful the rumour mill will be fully active. I hope you are not implying the Chiefs will cheat to achieve that aim when you say 'our time will come'. ! If Chiefs become as successful it will be through hard work and effort from all involved with the club. From another OAP who prefers wine!

MESSAGES->author
Thomas Hawk
13 February, 2020 17:29
Personally I am surprised it took this long to be announced as I think this was an inevitable consequence.

Duckonstilts
Duckonstilts
13 February, 2020 17:31
Well as a Saints fan, I do see where some of the concern with your style of play comes from BUT in fairness you can score wonderful trys, you do have a good kicking game and your set piece is splendid... OK your a bit boring (pun intended) on the try line but you would be mad to stop while it works. Its for the referees to either stop it (if its not legal) or not.

The brand of rugby you play is Winning rugby. We all love watching broken play and the occasional try fest but how often does that win you anything?

As for Saracens, once they start to put things right and show remorse then we can start forgiving.

MESSAGES->author
Toomanychiefs
13 February, 2020 19:16
What are you on about Duckonstilts! This thread is about sponsorship not Exeter's style of play!
Anyway, who cares if we are boring.

SimonG19
SimonG19
14 February, 2020 11:59
Quote:
OAP (Over a pint)

They will if Chiefs are ever found to have been cheating for at least six years.

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals
15 February, 2020 10:16
Vitriol????
I dont read any in the thread starters post OAP!
A genuine and reasonable question imo.

I drink and forget stuff!

MESSAGES->author
Shouting Prarie Dog
15 February, 2020 10:52
No, its not vitriol. Its about seeing them get their just deserts.

There's no sympathy from me. They will have to live with this for years. One season in the Championship doesn't see their time served for me.

Just a rugby club from Devon.
We know who we be.

The lowest depth to which people can sink before Truth is defined by the word 'God'.

Pawel Vygot. 2018

MESSAGES->author
Toomanychiefs
15 February, 2020 11:35
Im more concerned with the larger picture here in as much do we think major non rugby connected companys will want to be associated with the league?
I know some say sorting Sarries out on this issue will help the league but i have my doubts when it comes to potential non rugby associated sponsors (mud sticks).

John Tee
John Tee
15 February, 2020 19:28
Imv, its a huge scandal...the league has been cheated for years so even if big business itself is not necessarily the moral compass, it cant be associated with a corrupt game. Until the EPL sort out that...then they will be looking very very closely at the perception of the game with a wider audience..because that is the reason for their interest and sponsorship.

If nothing changes ...and what really has... then this will be a very critical time for English rugby.
The key protaganists are playing the same team, the same personnel at the helm is still massively influencing the club...
Next year might see a few personel changes and they will be down a division but it seems carry on running the club as usual.

I actually think the EPL is caught between a rock and a hard place because i think the RFU is not going to let their cash cow get caught up in the scandal.... when key elements are in pretty deep and more, imv

ExTeddChief
ExTeddChief
15 February, 2020 20:27
That's the thing - Sarries have already been punished to an extent I've not seen in any sport going back over a decade. Yes, there's a lot of denial at Sarries end but what else are PRL or the RFU to do at this point? I suspect the sport's going to lose fans whatever happens.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net