Latest news:

..... .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Glaws 15 Chiefs 26
Discussion started by Lowerwatha (IP Logged), 14 February, 2020 21:46
MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha
14 February, 2020 21:46
Great win at Castle Grim.

Defended well first half into the wind and the Steeno kicked us to a great position.

Great try from Oggy, Rees-Zammit definitely dropped that ball, terrible decision by Ref and TMO!

COYC!

goss8800
Chief Fire Water
14 February, 2020 21:56
Excellent result in the conditions.

Nice to see the 3 championship players all on the pitch at the same time. Steano, Moon and Dolly

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/02/2020 21:57 by Chief Fire Water.

Currychief
Currychief
14 February, 2020 21:56
The Rees try was ridiculously shocking and unacceptable when we have clear view using technology.

As for the win, total balls by the whole team. Great chase and determination. Skinner looks totally up for it and I think he will push himself into the starting 15

MESSAGES->author
minuteman
14 February, 2020 22:12
Grit , desire and good coaching won that game..
how well we do with the players we have is testament to how well the players are coached and indeed coachable.
Thought we outplayed Glos everywhere tonight and am sure it’ll be a special bus ride home

MESSAGES->author
Tribester
14 February, 2020 23:15
Any points at Castle Grim after our last two games would have been good, but to win and deny Glaws any points is fantastic.
Well played Chiefs, and well done the coaches.

Great Hoggy Simmo Hoggy try, and great to see a secure try with Hoggy grinning knowing what it meant.

Enjoy the journey home boys, you deserve it.

Big Chief Little Chief
Big Chief Little Chief
14 February, 2020 23:23
Fantastic win, not many teams win at Kingsholm.

A game won by excellent defence, sensible kicking and one bit of magic.

No doubt, we'll now be called boring for kicking for the posts!!!

Totally agree about the last Gloucester try, he'd clearly lost the ball. Regathered and in control, my @#$%&!!!

Flora
Flora
14 February, 2020 23:56
What a great game, fantastic defence every time Glos made a break. A very well deserved win, well done Chiefs, you worked hard throughout the game and were the better side by far. Steeno’s kicking was outstanding and his excellent all round performance was rewarded with man of the match.

chief in exile
chief in exile
15 February, 2020 06:55
Best performance since La Rochelle away

andy15
andy15
15 February, 2020 08:12
Special mention to Elvis may be 3 rd choice but never lets you down and at 37 that was a serious shift in difficult conditions great squad player.

Chiefs
Chiefs
15 February, 2020 09:46
Just cannot overstate the quality of that win on a wet and windy night at Kingsholme, well done boys you were awesome.

But to allow that try, not that it made any difference, was truly appalling. What on earth were they thinking, what a great precedent to set.

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals
15 February, 2020 09:58
Excellent win and all round performance at Castle Grimm in front of a very quiet Shed!
Clearly a no try from Zammit .......loses control and it’s there for everyone to see ffs!

The smile on Hoggys face said it all.
Steeno was professional to a tee and kicked beautifully from it surpassing Andy Goode and now sat second behind Charlie Hodgson.
As said above great to see the 3 remaining ex championship boys on the pitch.
Well done everyone involved last night I think I might watch that game back.

I drink and forget stuff!

Master Chief
Master Chief
15 February, 2020 10:14
Fantastic win. Those are the sort of wins that can put us top of the table at the end of the year.

White still getting back up to speed I think, he lost us possession on 5 or 6 occasions. But other than that an almost faultless performance.

Like others have said.. Skinner looks up for it. A second row of Skinner and Kirsten could be very effective.

MESSAGES->author
Shouting Prarie Dog
15 February, 2020 10:44
Back to our best.

(Sm53)

Just a rugby club from Devon.
We know who we be.

The lowest depth to which people can sink before Truth is defined by the word 'God'.

Pawel Vygot. 2018

ExTeddChief
ExTeddChief
15 February, 2020 11:14
Rock solid performance in ugly conditions, can't ask for more though credit to Glaws for their comeback attempt.

Absolutely delighted for both Hoggy and Steeno, had no idea Steeno was that high up the all-time lists! Not bad for one of our Championship veterans! smiling smiley

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha
15 February, 2020 11:37
Quote:
ExTeddChief
Rock solid performance in ugly conditions, can't ask for more though credit to Glaws for their comeback attempt.
Absolutely delighted for both Hoggy and Steeno, had no idea Steeno was that high up the all-time lists! Not bad for one of our Championship veterans! smiling smiley

The stats they were quoting were points scored against Glaws, not points scored in the Premiership.

Thought we played the conditions and the referee extremely well. Sometimes you have to win ugly but we were helped by Glaws players making the same errors over again and the referee consistently penalising them. The excellent Steenson captained the side well and kicked three excellent penalties from the limit of his range using the wind in the second half to telling effect.

To win away against a virtually full strength side with so many of our first team squad absent through injury or international call ups shows the depth of our squad.

Osmium
Osmium
15 February, 2020 11:53
Great performance by Steeno, and well deserved MoM.

I was thinking that the graphic showing his position in the table of 'most points scored against Gloucester' was a bit bizarre, until I realised Andy Goode was on the commentary team.

Steeno lies either 5th or 6th in the list of all-time premiership points scorers, depending which online source you believe, and how recently they have been updated.

He looked a bit bemused himself when Sara told him after the match he had moved into second place, but she did qualify it later with 'against Gloucester that is', presumably after a message in her earpiece.

MESSAGES->author
Toomanychiefs
15 February, 2020 13:21
Yes it was a bit of a bizarre thing to be banging on about.

MESSAGES->author
man-named-hoarse
15 February, 2020 17:28
Quote:
Special mention to Elvis may be 3 rd choice but never lets you down and at 37 that was a serious shift in difficult conditions great squad player.

+1

and he does this every time

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals
15 February, 2020 17:42
+2

I drink and forget stuff!

MESSAGES->author
clalan
15 February, 2020 18:12
I'm starting to believe that Gloucester would do themselves a great favour in getting rid of Cipriani.
The more i've watch this guy, who has skills, the more I see hes not a team player especially in poor conditions.
A bit like Wade was he is fabulous when conditions are lovely, and their very good pack are on top and going forward, otherwise hes a liability, under pressure he looked like a rabbit in headlights. Their are far better all round stable players out there, a player not looking for the glamour pass to help his ego.
As for his great passes, others in their teams have done equally as well but they also bring something else to the game.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net