Latest news:

..... .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
West Grandstand Rip Off for Junior Season Ticket Holders
Discussion started by DaveHRM (IP Logged), 15 March, 2020 17:39
DaveHRM
DaveHRM
15 March, 2020 17:39
I have been informed by the people who sit next to us that they have now got to pay a full adult season ticket price for their young son who has been a season ticket holder for 5 years! Is this the way we treat our fans? Family club? Excuse given is that the South West stand is more family friendly and they will have to move there to watch rugby together as a family! I have not seen such a blatant money grab for a long time and am ashamed that its happening at our club! Disgraceful!

MESSAGES->author
Moorsman
15 March, 2020 17:40
I was going to say unbelievable but unfortunately it's not

Exeforever
Exeforever
15 March, 2020 18:36
If the new East grandstand is going to be ready for next season then surely it would make more sense to offer a straight change of sides?

There is a waiting list for seats in the West Grandstand and selling tickets in it at a reduced rate is obviously negatively impacting on the Club's income, but if you refused to accept any more children's priced tickets in that stand but allowed the current ones to renew until they reach adulthood that would be far more popular with existing ST holders and would resolve that situation within 10 years or so I'd have thought.

plymptonchief
plymptonchief
15 March, 2020 19:22
Quote:
Exeforever
If the new East grandstand is going to be ready for next season then surely it would make more sense to offer a straight change of sides?
There is a waiting list for seats in the West Grandstand and selling tickets in it at a reduced rate is obviously negatively impacting on the Club's income, but if you refused to accept any more children's priced tickets in that stand but allowed the current ones to renew until they reach adulthood that would be far more popular with existing ST holders and would resolve that situation within 10 years or so I'd have thought.

This all requires thought and consideration of the club's REAL supporters!

Happyindian
Happyindian
16 March, 2020 09:43
Define "REAL supporters"
I need to check if that includes me or if I'm a fake.

Exeforever
Exeforever
16 March, 2020 10:11
Quote:
Happyindian
Define "REAL supporters"
I need to check if that includes me or if I'm a fake.

Amongst possible proofs could be:

I was a member at the County Ground

I attended the County Ground regularly

I used to work weekends but have been to at least 90% of home games since stopping working at weekends

I didn't live in Devon until 19xx or 20xx but have been to at least 90% of home games since moving here

I played/play/coach at another Devon/Somerset rugby club but attend whenever my other rugby commitments let me

I don't leave my seat during play and I never leave before the end of the game (even if Quins send their firsts to play our 3rds)

I consider myself to be a supporter not a fan

Not a claim to an exhaustive list but I would suggest that these would all count as criteria for inclusion among "real supporters". Just a little topic for discussion while we don[t have any rugby to talk about.

Chief Cymraeg
Chief Cymraeg
16 March, 2020 10:20
Quote:
DaveHRM
Excuse given is that the South West stand is more family friendly

Sadly the obvious reason is they can get more money with an adult in the seat. As Tony Rowe repeatedly tells us, the rugby club is a business. Their main concern regrading supporters these days seems to be how much money they can extract from us.

I know its a balance and we all want a successful and profitable team, but there is a balance to be made, and it seems to swing away from the supporters too often these days.

ExTeddChief
ExTeddChief
16 March, 2020 10:30
Well speaking as someone that has followed the team since I moved to Exeter in 2006(attended one match at the County Ground some point in the late 90s and a cup final at TWickenham circa 2003) and gets to as many home games as possible...my main concern is the club thriving on the pitch in a manner that's legal and honourable. The ticket prices are less than ideal but they are still way cheaper than some sports.

Broken arrow
Broken arrow
16 March, 2020 10:59
Quote:
ExTeddChief
Well speaking as someone that has followed the team since I moved to Exeter in 2006(attended one match at the County Ground some point in the late 90s and a cup final at TWickenham circa 2003) and gets to as many home games as possible...my main concern is the club thriving on the pitch in a manner that's legal and honourable. The ticket prices are less than ideal but they are still way cheaper than some sports.

+1 I've watched Exeter for 30 years home and away, in case I need to prove my credentials as a supporter !

MESSAGES->author
Toomanychiefs
16 March, 2020 11:57
Here we go. My supporters credentials are bigger than yours. Yawn.

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals
16 March, 2020 12:06
[/quote]

This all requires thought and consideration of the club's REAL supporters![/quote]

Care to explain what you mean by this?

plymptonchief
plymptonchief
16 March, 2020 13:13
[quote Jehovas Sandals][/quote]

This all requires thought and consideration of the club's REAL supporters![/quote]

Care to explain what you mean by this?[/quote]
Certainly. The message on which I was commenting had what I thought was a sensible suggestion to reduce the number of "cheap" tickets in a prime area. The proposer is a season ticket holder and therefore, in my eyes a REAL supporter, someone who contributes financially and attends regularly. One DOES NOT limit REAL supporters to Season Ticket Holders but it is certainly an indication of giving support.
The point is that the club seems increasingly to devalue families and older supporters by this and other measures such as the "small bag" fiasco. Not a great deal of thought by the powers that be before acting.

Chief black hat
Chief black hat
16 March, 2020 13:46
Sorry but you only have to look at the current management structure! We may be a Members Club but are run by ‘big business’ style managers who have been trained in the corporate manner - not the members club manner.
Hey Ho it’s called Rogers!

dan1978
dan1978
16 March, 2020 18:05
Thanks to Tony Rowe the club has gone from a family friendly club to a money making squeeze every penny out of every supporter monster.
What really matters to chiefs supporters are the guys on the pitch that bring us joy and entertaining rugby week in week out but unfortunately the head honcho mentioned above is doing everything he can to continually rip off the supporters and he does not give a damn as there will always be somebody else to fill that empty seat.
I reckon the club has lost its "everyone's second favourite club" tag after lasts weeks flybe fiasco and there is only one person to blame for that. As soon as TR retires the sooner this club can get its soul back and become that family friendly club again.

goss8800
Chief Fire Water
16 March, 2020 19:20
That is a bit hard on TR.

We all want the best stadium with the best players and this comes at a huge cost. Without TR and the board we would still be at the County Ground playing in the lower leagues.

No-one forces anyone to come to watch the Chiefs so no-one is being ripped off. TR runs the club as a business and it is all about supply and demand. To say the club is over charging fans is wrong as the crowds which attend are still very high.Yes the PR of the club has taken a battering at the moment but that is the only thing they need to improve.

MESSAGES->author
Tribester
16 March, 2020 20:48
Quote:
Chief Fire Water

We all want the best stadium with the best players and this comes at a huge cost. Without TR and the board we would still be at the County Ground playing in the lower leagues.

+1

Broken arrow
Broken arrow
16 March, 2020 21:22
Quote:
Toomanychiefs

Such an unnecessary but predictable comment !!!

Broken arrow
Broken arrow
16 March, 2020 21:24
Quote:
Tribester
Quote:
Chief Fire Water

+1

+2

MESSAGES->author
Toomanychiefs
16 March, 2020 21:58
Quote:
Broken arrow
Quote:
Toomanychiefs

But so very true!

Broken arrow
Broken arrow
16 March, 2020 22:07
Quote:
Toomanychiefs
Quote:
Broken arrow
Quote:
Toomanychiefs

But so very true!

To borrow your phrase, “Yawn”
The number of people posting on this site has dropped dramatically, I wonder why !

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net