Latest news:

..... .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Season Tickets 20/21
Discussion started by Chief Fire Water (IP Logged), 17 March, 2020 16:58
goss8800
Chief Fire Water
17 March, 2020 16:58
Is anyone concerned about renewing their season tickets next season.

They are predicating the virus will come back in winter this year so will disrupt next season as well

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals
17 March, 2020 18:40
Many may not like to think about it but unfortunately I think it needs consideration.
At present ST holders and those who have bought tickets to the games so far cancelled will not be getting refunds.
At present no one can say if the remainder of the games this season will go ahead or not. If not thatís a big chunk of peopleís money gone. Itís been mentioned elsewhere as to wether the club offset the loss from this seasons games against next seasons tickets. Whoís to say the pre season friendlys and early fixtures go ahead?
Also of course many have bought tickets to the Premiership Final, booked hotels etc......what happens there?
Difficult one......yes we all want to support the club but in the current climate who can say whatís going to happen.
Hopefully they donít but some ST holders who have renewed may lose their jobs.
Coronavirus is far more than just an illness!

I drink and forget stuff!

Little Minnie
Little Minnie
18 March, 2020 08:07
What would be a nice gesture is if they gave ST holders additional progression games in their package for next season only. I know we are not guaranteed to progress in tournaments but esp. the prem cup when they give so many away yet we have to pay! Just a thought.......

big chopper
big chopper
18 March, 2020 09:36
Iíve renewed for next season. I felt I had to take the chance. Despite serious worries about my job, working in the drinks industry. And of course the obviously worrying health concerns. However I would imagine renewals and new applications are going to be seriously down in numbers.

What will be will be. Above anything else, stay safe and well guys and times like this put a lot of things into perspective

MESSAGES->author
Toomanychiefs
18 March, 2020 11:56
Quote:
Little Minnie
What would be a nice gesture is if they gave ST holders additional progression games in their package for next season only. I know we are not guaranteed to progress in tournaments but esp. the prem cup when they give so many away yet we have to pay! Just a thought.......

I like that idea Minnie. If the fans are showing faith by renewing then give something back.

MESSAGES->author
Tom A Hawk
19 March, 2020 07:54
I have renewed and opted for the monthly installments so could easily block the payments if needed.

I might be wrong but as far as I am aware the only thing that cannot legally be refunded would be digital or store credit which comes in the form of gift vouchers/giftcards/e-vouchers as this can be viewed as a form of money laundering. I suspect they are thinking that season tickets come under the same umbrella. That said all premiership clubs do state on their website that their ticket covers 18 Premiership matches, so failure to meet this term could be treated as a breach of contract. It would therefore seem reasonable to offer a partial refund to those season tickets holders for the failed matches should we get to the point where these matches are not played at all. At the same time I realize the clubs earning potential at this time has been severely dented and taking money off them may not be the best of moves for the longevity of the club. It is however something to consider.

MESSAGES->author
VeeDub
19 March, 2020 11:31
I think the grim possibility is that some rugby clubs wonít make it through this. Watching Exeter Chiefs keeps me mentally well, and if paying for my season ticket and not asking for refunds (which the terms and conditions state are never given regardless of any cancellations anyway) means that when all this is over I can continue doing that, then that may just get me through. I do not earn a lot, can just about afford my season ticket every year, and if my employment situation changes I may have to rethink but for the time being that is my stance.

Wake up and smell the Chiefs!†

Chief Cymraeg
Chief Cymraeg
19 March, 2020 15:37
Have I missed something here? I thought the games were just postponed at this stage - hence no refunds. I think we'd all agree that the proposed end of April start is looking , shall we say, hopeful, to say the least, and even then fitting these games in afterwards would be very difficult, but until they are officially cancelled you wouldn't expect the club to be talking about its position on refunds.

Exeforever
Exeforever
19 March, 2020 16:46
Quote:
Chief Cymraeg
Have I missed something here? I thought the games were just postponed at this stage - hence no refunds. I think we'd all agree that the proposed end of April start is looking , shall we say, hopeful, to say the least, and even then fitting these games in afterwards would be very difficult, but until they are officially cancelled you wouldn't expect the club to be talking about its position on refunds.

From the Official Website:

i) Season Tickets are non-refundable.

and:

Cancellation of Tickets
Match tickets are strictly non-refundable and cannot be transferred to an alternative game.

The Club have enormous expenses and no income at present.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/03/2020 16:51 by Exeforever.

MESSAGES->author
Chief caps
19 March, 2020 19:20
stop panicking surely the refrence to refunds and non refundable are for individuals who wish to cancel. when the games are going ahead and not for a pandemic that completely wipes the games out, which is a very different matter.

Exeforever
Exeforever
19 March, 2020 22:05
Quote:
Chief caps
stop panicking surely the refrence to refunds and non refundable are for individuals who wish to cancel. when the games are going ahead and not for a pandemic that completely wipes the games out, which is a very different matter.

No it isn't. As I have posted before this is an uninsurable situation. The club does not offer refunds for games that are cancelled whatever the cause. People need to wake up to this. It's exactly why the bond was only offered to high net worth individuals. A game of rugby is not a shirt or a bag of potatoes; it's something that happens if 46 players and a refereeing team all arrive at the right place at the right time in playable conditions. the club does not offer refunds for games that aren't played which is not the same thing as people deciding that they won't go and therefore wanting their money back.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/03/2020 08:49 by Exeforever.

MESSAGES->author
Chief caps
20 March, 2020 06:33
the bond was open to anyone you could have invested just £1000 not really high net worth individuals

MESSAGES->author
Toomanychiefs
20 March, 2020 09:18
Quote:
Chief caps
the bond was open to anyone you could have invested just £1000 not really high net worth individuals

Correct CC. Originally it was only offered to high net individuals but because of a lack of uptake it was offered t the Hoi palloi.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/03/2020 09:19 by Toomanychiefs.

Chief Cymraeg
Chief Cymraeg
20 March, 2020 10:04
Oh for goodness sake. The bond and season tickets are entirely separate.

The bond was an investment, a loan to the club, and carried with it all the associated investment risks.

Season tickets are tickets to a series events.- none of which have actually been cancelled yet.

I don't see why people are panicking We can all speculate as to the state of the club / other clubs and they will be be badly effected by the current economic situation. But there is nothing we can do about it.

If you are worried about next seasons ticket, stop paying the monthly payments.

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals
20 March, 2020 11:30
Not really sure what the Bond has got to do with this thread or why itís been associated with season tickets!

I drink and forget stuff!

MESSAGES->author
DumnoniiNomad
21 March, 2020 12:53
I've renewed my season ticket ... I'm a little miffed at what MIGHT happen, and yes, I could stop payments, but I'm not going to.

There is much speculation in this thread and it's leading to frustration and negativity so unlike our community. I think it's appropriate to remember the club is built on strong values and I would anticipate, but by no means expect, that when this blows over those who have supported the club through this difficult time will be recognised. Perhaps a few beer/food vouchers, or credit in the shop? Whatever, it isn't going to happen until the future is clearer. I say we should return to our normal banter and conversation.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net