Latest news:

..... .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Ben Moon
Discussion started by Comanche Chief (IP Logged), 25 March, 2020 11:50
Comanche Chief
Comanche Chief
25 March, 2020 11:50
Has signed a new contract to stay at The Chiefs.
Ben Moon

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ET8zBKXWoAA2wGG?format=jpg&name=small

ExTeddChief
ExTeddChief
25 March, 2020 13:02
Awesome!

plymptonchief
plymptonchief
25 March, 2020 13:43
As Rob says a large part of recruitment is retaining your top players and Ben certainly falls into this category!

chieftain
Chieftain
25 March, 2020 16:52
Some good news we all needed.

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha
25 March, 2020 17:02
Great news, technically one of the best scrummagers around!

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals
25 March, 2020 18:51
Excellent news........glad to have Ben stay

I drink and forget stuff!

MESSAGES->author
Chief caps
25 March, 2020 20:40
good news but wondering why they're now only announced as new long term contracts not how long the contract is?

Exeforever
Exeforever
25 March, 2020 22:26
If you were on a fixed term contract would you want everyone with whom you worked, let alone all their wives and children to know how long your contract was?

Frankly it's nobody's business except the club and the player's.

MESSAGES->author
Chief caps
26 March, 2020 07:28
fully understand that snd get it, the reason for my comment was that its changed they used to announce players have signed a new 1 or 2 year contract and they've stopped doing it.

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals
26 March, 2020 08:44
Quote:
Chief caps
fully understand that snd get it, the reason for my comment was that its changed they used to announce players have signed a new 1 or 2 year contract and they've stopped doing it.

Yes CC the club used to announce length of contract and itís changed fairly recently.....reasonable enough comment to ask as to why itís changed

I drink and forget stuff!

MESSAGES->author
Tribester
26 March, 2020 11:30
Rob chats about Moonie

MESSAGES->author
Chief caps
26 March, 2020 13:07
yes the Sticky "contract status" will quickly become redundant it will just have a list of players when nobody knows when they are leaving 😁

ouch!_that_hurts
ouch!_that_hurts
27 March, 2020 20:09
Quote:
Chief caps
reasonable enough comment to ask as to why itís changed

If I recall from what I'd previously read, Tom Francis's contract can only be extended if the extensions were included when the initial contract was agreed. While that doesn't apply to Ben and Harry, it may just be that the club don't want others to know too much about when players could be approached with a view to moving.

MESSAGES->author
Chief caps
28 March, 2020 08:10
that was my thought on the change, just strange that after 10 years in the prem they decide to keep it a secret.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net