Latest news:

..... .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Exeter Chiefs Women
Discussion started by Otter Supper (IP Logged), 06 April, 2020 12:57
Littledeepea
Otter Supper
06 April, 2020 12:57
Selected to join the Tyrrells Premier 15's for the next 3 years.

Tyrrells 15's

Chiefs advancing on another front. Well done to all involved.

On the Offy.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2020 13:01 by Otter Supper.

MESSAGES->author
Moorsman
06 April, 2020 13:13
Whilst applauding the growth of Women's rugby through the Chiefs I don't understand why Richmond ladies have lost their place after duch a long history of Women's rugby

ExTeddChief
ExTeddChief
06 April, 2020 13:21
Nice one ladies!

MESSAGES->author
Toomanychiefs
06 April, 2020 13:47
Well done all involved at the club.

Dunno
Bod
06 April, 2020 14:32
Quote:
Moorsman
Whilst applauding the growth of Women's rugby through the Chiefs I don't understand why Richmond ladies have lost their place after duch a long history of Women's rugby

I agree it's very sad, however it's all down to resources and possibly to depopulate the concentration of Womens Prem teams from London. It's the same case for Waterloo, although I guess all their aspirational players will move to Sale, in the same way Loughborough extracted most of the top players out of Lichfield 3 years ago.

Lichfield dumped from Premiership

MESSAGES->author
Tom A Hawk
06 April, 2020 16:34
Quote:
Moorsman

I expect they are likely treating it as a promotion/relegation as both Richmond and Waterloo where the bottom two clubs in the league with both teams only managing one win in the 12 games they have played so far.

Even if the season is resumed tomorrow, both teams are 10 points behind Worcester

MESSAGES->author
Pinhoe_Chief
07 April, 2020 15:49
Good news, but have a feeling that is was never in doubt.
Hard work starts now to build and train a competitive squad. Wont be overnight judging by the recent match v the Army. Look forward to seeing the progress.

Dunno
Bod
13 April, 2020 15:31
Indeed PC
Recruitment evaluations under way for a while.
Some cracking talent under review.
thumbs down

K-Nut
Bod
26 May, 2020 19:25
Tyrrells pull sponsorship of Womens Prem

No great loss to be fair. I was nodding along to every point made during the broadcast below.

The Player of the Match presentation Bag of Crisps (when televised) will be sorely missed.....

(Sm72)

MESSAGES->author
Tom A Hawk
26 May, 2020 22:18
I also find it hard to disagree with the points raised although have not looked into it further to see if indeed Tyrrells have done little in terms of promoting the game other than treat it as an attempt to get their name out there.

The RFU now has the hard job of around two months to find a new sponsor, so long as they are vetting it properly and finding someone who is actually committed to growing the game then good luck to them

Also personally though I prefer the Kingsbridge based Burts Crisps as I find Tyrrells too salty..

OldMarovian
OldMarovian
28 May, 2020 16:23
I'm conflicted on this.

I absolutely think Chiefs will make a huge success of their womens team and their recent hosting of the National team at Sandy Park was a masterclass in running and marketing a great event.

However I can't help but feel the way other Womens teams have been demoted and broken up to meet the end that accommodates Chiefs and Sale is beyond shabby. On the one hand this is the antithesis of the idea that you "earn" your place which is surely what Chiefs are all about? on the other there's no doubting that with your resources and financial stability you are more likely to create a stable and successful team which is obviously good for the sport as a whole.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net