Latest news:

..... .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Josh Caulfield
Discussion started by Comanche Chief (IP Logged), 15 May, 2020 10:10
Comanche Chief
Comanche Chief
15 May, 2020 10:10
Signed for the Cornish Pirates.
Josh Caulfield

Tiverton Brave
Tiverton Brave
15 May, 2020 14:52
Another loss!
I know we can't keep everyone but Josh is a great player, very similar to Tom Lawday.
Pirates gain!
Good luck Josh, we may we'll see you back in the premiership.

goss8800
Chief Fire Water
15 May, 2020 17:54
If this was 3 seasons ago I would agree losing Josh would weaken the squad.

But looking at how the club is developing and the quality of players that are being brought in, we don't need squad players of Josh's level.

Zyder head
Zyder head
15 May, 2020 18:53
It's always a shame to see a home grown player move on but if we need to bring in players to enable us to win us European Cups (Jonny Gray etc) then we cannot conceivably keep everyone because of the cap and Josh was trying to compete for a place in arguably our strongest areas,back row and second row so it may have been partly his decision or at least an amicable split?
My only surprise is that he has dropped into the championship? My guess is that he will spend one season there before being snapped up by a Premiership club.
Good luck to him

MESSAGES->author
Tom A Hawk
15 May, 2020 19:15
James McRae also heading west.

[www.exeterchiefs.co.uk]

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals
16 May, 2020 09:59
Our lose is definitely Pirates gain. Been impressed with Caulfield but unfortunately there are only so many sardines you can pack in a tin and itís possible the club may be looking to trim the budget a bit.

I drink and forget stuff!

Master Chief
Master Chief
16 May, 2020 18:53
Nothing against Tom Price or Will Witty but why did we sign them if we knew doing so would mean we couldnít keep home grown talent like Caulfield. Personally I also think that Caulfield has more potential than Lonsdale. Just my opinion and itís not personal. But it just shows what a tough job the coaches have. I canít imagine itís easy for them to make these decisions.

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals
16 May, 2020 19:19
Quote:
Master Chief
Nothing against Tom Price or Will Witty but why did we sign them if we knew doing so would mean we couldnít keep home grown talent like Caulfield. Personally I also think that Caulfield has more potential than Lonsdale. Just my opinion and itís not personal. But it just shows what a tough job the coaches have. I canít imagine itís easy for them to make these decisions.

We obviously signed them to strengthen the squad at the time and look at cover perhaps.
It may well be that in the current climate we need to trim the squad and it may also be an issue of personal circumstance?

I drink and forget stuff!

OldMarovian
OldMarovian
18 May, 2020 19:34
Very sad. He was outstanding in the PC game I saw v Saracens. Feels like Chiefs moving further and further away from their stated aim of having a homegrown team but I guess that's the reality of building a squad to compete at the highest levels. No place for sentiment.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net