Latest news:

..... .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Season Ticket renew
Discussion started by Chief Fire Water (IP Logged), 18 May, 2020 18:38
goss8800
Chief Fire Water
18 May, 2020 18:38
Will the club extend the season ticket renew date.

As rugby will be played behind closed doors for the rest of this season and most probably for some of next season will the club expect supporters to pay for something they cant go and watch.

I appreciate some on here can afford to pay out for something they wont get but a lot cant, so its nothing to do with peoples level of support

MESSAGES->author
Toomanychiefs
18 May, 2020 19:28
+1

MESSAGES->author
Pinhoe_Chief
19 May, 2020 14:07
Hoping that the club will make a statement soon as to what is happening. If we cant watch the matches live(highly likely) then surely we should get some recompense somehow. Maybe money off next seasons season ticket

goss8800
Chief Fire Water
20 May, 2020 18:24
The question is will we be able to watch live games at Sandy Park next year?

big chopper
big chopper
20 May, 2020 19:49
Quote:
Chief Fire Water
The question is will we be able to watch live games at Sandy Park next year?

At some point Iíd like to think yes. But another important question is , and maybe more applicable to those on the terraces, would you feel comfortable?

Comanche Chief
Comanche Chief
21 May, 2020 11:48
I will be surprised if this season is completed whether behind closed doors or not, especially with Leicester Tigers head coach Geordan Murphy stating on the BBC players will require at least two months to properly prepare to return to full action. here Pam Lam has a different opinion in the article.

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha
21 May, 2020 14:12
Pat Lam might have an hidden agenda - if this season recommences after 1 July he will have another group of players to pick from including Radradra, Sinckler, Eadie, Malines, Earle! That lot plus their existing squad could win them the Premiership!

clalan
clalan
21 May, 2020 15:49
They will win the prem very soon, money talks no matter what the spin boys say in the media.

Paignton Stroller
Paignton Stroller
21 May, 2020 16:49
The dilemma for me is that I am paying each month an instalment for my 20/21 season ticket but it is looking very likely that we wonít be able to attend any games. Cambridge university have already stated that the next academic year is going to be done online as they canít guarantee social distancing. I donít want the club to fold or struggle but I donít see rugby returning in front of crowds anytime soon. The German football games played behind closed doors were strange and soulless.

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha
21 May, 2020 17:44
Quote:
Lowerwatha
Pat Lam might have an hidden agenda - if this season recommences after 1 July he will have another group of players to pick from including Radradra, Sinckler, Eadie, Malines, Earle! That lot plus their existing squad could win them the Premiership!

Following on from my earlier post, perhaps if any games played in the current season they should be played using players who were on the books at the start of the season M

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals
21 May, 2020 19:25
I believe the only way forward is to void this season and look to get the plans in place for the next.
Yes it throws up a lot of questions but imo it would be easier to concentrate on the coming season.
Iíd like to think that season ticket holders will be either reimbursed for the current lost games or have that money deferred to the one we are paying for now..
Letís face it, realistically we arenít gonna be watching live rugby at SP this side of Christmas

I drink and forget stuff!

MESSAGES->author
Toomanychiefs
22 May, 2020 08:36
Social distincing is with us for a very long time, I'm talking well into next year.
I cannot for the life of me see how this is going to work at sports venues. Clubs will literally have to mark out on terraces where people can stand. In seated areas it will mean taking out possibly 10 seats around one seat (two either side, three behind and three Infront) to maintain a two meter safe zone.
I am trying to see a way through this but can't ATM.

big chopper
big chopper
22 May, 2020 09:46
Quote:
Toomanychiefs
Social distincing is with us for a very long time, I'm talking well into next year.
I cannot for the life of me see how this is going to work at sports venues. Clubs will literally have to mark out on terraces where people can stand. In seated areas it will mean taking out possibly 10 seats around one seat (two either side, three behind and three Infront) to maintain a two meter safe zone.
I am trying to see a way through this but can't ATM.

Following on from that, the ETC is always more or less full so how do you decide who goes in and who doesnít because of distancing.

Same in the Main Stand, which in my area is virtually full of s/t holders with every seat taken

passing cloud
Moorsman
22 May, 2020 10:40
I think there were around 4000 season ticket holders, maybe a few more? That might be the capacity of a socially distanced SP but it would take a heck of a lot just to organise getting anywhere near this number into and out of the ground.

big chopper
big chopper
22 May, 2020 11:18
Quote:
Moorsman
I think there were around 4000 season ticket holders, maybe a few more? That might be the capacity of a socially distanced SP but it would take a heck of a lot just to organise getting anywhere near this number into and out of the ground.

I honestly thought the number of s/t holders was higher than that

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net