Latest news:

..... .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Fans at SAndy Park?
Discussion started by ExTeddChief (IP Logged), 22 June, 2020 17:43
ExTeddChief
ExTeddChief
22 June, 2020 17:43
Well, well well...[www.bbc.co.uk]

How well do you think this'll work?

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals
22 June, 2020 18:12
So, does anyone know how many season ticket holders we have at Chiefs?
If that figure exceeds the total allowed into the ground, which I suspect will be the case, a ballot will be held for all season ticket holders wishing to attend and those who arenít successful receive a refund?

I drink and forget stuff!

big chopper
big chopper
22 June, 2020 20:12
Quote:
Jehovas Sandals
So, does anyone know how many season ticket holders we have at Chiefs?
If that figure exceeds the total allowed into the ground, which I suspect will be the case, a ballot will be held for all season ticket holders wishing to attend and those who arenít successful receive a refund?

Iím sure it was mentioned on a previous comment on another topic there are about 4000 s/t holders.

Interesting to see how (if) this pans out should social distancing measures reduce going forward.

From a personal point of view, working in the drinks industry, I hope they are reduced and pubs open so I can get back to work!

Exeforever
Exeforever
23 June, 2020 10:13
This may work reasonably as there are a number of ST holders who are in the same family so two or three people might be able to attend together so you'd get more than just the 4,000 mentioned in. The biggest issue would be likely to be getting people in and out of the stadium. Presumably it would be in one end and out the other but then you'll have to keep people coming out of the North stand from doing so at the same time as people coming out of the grandstand and the walkways aren't very wide in any part of the ground so the stewards would have a real issue with supervising that. Also if it's only ST holders being allowed in that doesn't help the catering side very much presumably? But at least if the SP business can get up and running again that would be good for the club funds.

MESSAGES->author
Toomanychiefs
23 June, 2020 12:05
It won't work. Will toilets be open? How will people pass each other if they need to get out ( toilet etc). It will be a logistical nightmare.
That's even before clubs start to look at actually how many you can admit. One meter spaces will have to be drawn out on the terraces and then policed by the stewards.
I am really quite pessimistic about this.

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha
25 June, 2020 07:34
Looking at the front page of my newspaper this morning the picture of people flocking to the beeches totally ignoring social distancing I wonder why they they are stopping fans going to matches.

MESSAGES->author
Toomanychiefs
25 June, 2020 10:48
I would have thought it's obvious why grounds are shut, it is unsafe. If people want to act like idiots and congregate en mass then I suggest we think long and hard on the consequences of doing this The virus is still around and is waiting to bite us on the ass!!

plymptonchief
plymptonchief
25 June, 2020 14:39
With the dates for the remaining rounds of the Heini Cup now announced the clubs will be put to the test as far as managing crowds of whatever size for social distancing. I would guess that all the tickets for the 1/4 Final with Saints have been sold so someone is going to have to work out who attends and who doesn't.
There may be some people who would not want to attend anyway because of the dangers of the virus. Perhaps the club should poll all ticket holders to see how many fall into that category. There are going to have to be a lot of refunds!

ExTeddChief
ExTeddChief
25 June, 2020 19:51
SAme problem with the Prem game between Chiefs and Leicester I'd have thought...and possibly the next couple after that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net