Latest news:

..... .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Plymouth Albion
Discussion started by plymptonchief (IP Logged), 29 July, 2020 17:49
plymptonchief
plymptonchief
29 July, 2020 17:49
Can I draw everyone's attention to the article in Rugby Pass about the treatment of Albion for what appears to have been a genuine clerical error and the disproportionate punishment levied by the RFU. Even after all these years the "old fart" mentality prevails at the highest levels of the game.
I'm afraid I've never mastered the art of supplying "links" but I'm sure someone who knows how will add one.

MESSAGES->author
minuteman
29 July, 2020 18:40
20k fine and 20 point deduction.. the RFU need to have a long hard look at themselves .. absolutely disgraceful decision

MESSAGES->author
ouch!_that_hurts
29 July, 2020 18:41
RP link - the RFU really need to get their heads out of their @#$%&"

MESSAGES->author
Tribester
29 July, 2020 18:43
and this is the link to the RFU judgement

[www.englandrugby.com]

Broken arrow
Broken arrow
29 July, 2020 20:28
Must say, having read the report, that there was certainly some pretty naive assumptions and decisions made by the Albion board. !

MESSAGES->author
Thomas Hawk
30 July, 2020 08:25
Have seen Dave Venables public comments and to his credit he is acknowledging the breach but is essentially saying 'my son ticked the wrong box and now we are being punished for it'.

The punishment given to them is worse than that which was given to London Welsh so will have to have a look at the full report from the RFU when I get some time but we all might remember that Welsh fielded an illegible player in multiple matches over the course of the season and where docked only 5 points and fined £15,000. In their transgressions their team manager intentionally forged player documentation stating that scrum half Tyson Keats was born in Christchurch in Dorset, Not Christchurch in New Zealand in order to make him EQP.

Seems a rather harsh punishment considering other admin errors make by other clubs.

OldWing
OldWing
31 July, 2020 10:59
I imagine there are some illiterate rugby players - mostly forwards, of course - and I played against quite a few illegitimate ones. But I've not knowingly seen an illegible one - perhaps just their signature?

MESSAGES->author
ouch!_that_hurts
31 July, 2020 13:12
Would you be able to see an illegible one - or just the mess where he's supposed to be?(Sm159)

plymptonchief
plymptonchief
31 July, 2020 17:50
Quote:
Broken arrow
Must say, having read the report, that there was certainly some pretty naive assumptions and decisions made by the Albion board. !
Naive Yes, but dis-honest or advantage seeking No. Look into the background of the Venables family, proper rugby people.

Broken arrow
Broken arrow
31 July, 2020 21:09
Quote:
plymptonchief
Quote:
Broken arrow
Naive Yes, but dis-honest or advantage seeking No. Look into the background of the Venables family, proper rugby people.

I am aware of the Venables family and their background, I also believe the punishment was very harsh, but, Plymouth Albion is a business and you ask questions first, before you submit important documents, not do so after, that is very naive.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net