Latest news:

..... .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Team predictions
Discussion started by matt2fat (IP Logged), 08 August, 2020 23:13
matt2fat
matt2fat
08 August, 2020 23:13
Iím sure I canít be the only one looking forward to this weekend and praying nothing goes wrong! Thought Iíd give my team prediction and get everyone elseís too.

1.Hepburn
2.Yeandle
3.Williams
4.Hill
5.Gray
6.Ewers
7.Vermeulen
8.Simmonds
9.Maunder
10.Simmonds
11.Nowell
12.Devoto
13.Slade
14.O'Flaherty
15.Hogg

16.Moon
17.Innard/ Cowan-Dicke (not sure he is fit)
18.Francis
19.Kirsten
20.Armand
21.Steenson
22.Dollman

Potentially could substitute Armand for Hendrickson if they are going 4/3 spilt on the bench due to the potential size of Leicesterís backs.

Let me know your teams!

mommentum
mommentum
09 August, 2020 08:48
Hepburn
LCD
Williams
Hill
Kirsten
Ewers
Vermeulen
Simmonds
Townsend
Nowell
Devoto
Slade
O Flaterty
Hogg

Moon, Yeandle, Francis, Skinner, Armand, Maunder, Hendrickson, Woodburn

goss8800
Chief Fire Water
09 August, 2020 13:24
Quote:
matt2fat
Iím sure I canít be the only one looking forward to this weekend and praying nothing goes wrong! Thought Iíd give my team prediction and get everyone elseís too.
1.Hepburn
2.Yeandle
3.Williams
4.Hill
5.Gray
6.Ewers
7.Vermeulen
8.Simmonds
9.Maunder
10.Simmonds
11.Nowell
12.Devoto
13.Slade
14.O'Flaherty
15.Hogg

16.Moon
17.Innard/ Cowan-Dicke (not sure he is fit)
18.Francis
19.Kirsten
20.Armand
21.Steenson
22.Dollman

Potentially could substitute Armand for Hendrickson if they are going 4/3 spilt on the bench due to the potential size of Leicesterís backs.

Let me know your teams!

Only difference for me is I donít see Gray starting and there is no 9 sub

matt2fat
matt2fat
09 August, 2020 13:43
Oh I knew Iíd forget a 9 sub! In that case Iíd swap Dollman for Sam H-C

mommentum
mommentum
09 August, 2020 19:14
Quote:
matt2fat

I feel you are missing a ball carrier without DD or Kirsten, Gray is famous for his tacking, work rate but not as a ball carrier (pre chiefs coaching). ditto Vermeulen

G-force
Running Bear
09 August, 2020 19:40
I donít know, thereís Simmonds and Ewers in the back row, the rest are pretty mobile, and then youíve got a couple of enforcers in Gray and Vermuelen. Looks fairly tasty to me. I think 9 will be between Townsend and Sam H-C. Mind you, there will no doubt, be a couple of surprises as we have no idea how things have gone in training.

matt2fat
matt2fat
09 August, 2020 20:56
Quote:
mommentum
Quote:
matt2fat

I feel you are missing a ball carrier without DD or Kirsten, Gray is famous for his tacking, work rate but not as a ball carrier (pre chiefs coaching). ditto Vermeulen

You may be right but I think Simmonds and Ewers will have it covered, and I wouldnít be surprised if the Robs have unlocked some of Grayís carrying potential already. Also we have Devoto in the backs who can carry pretty hard when heís fit. I think we will need a solid defence and aggressive tacklers looking at then potential starting line up for Leicester.

Iíve just seen that Henryís baby is due any day now that might rule him out of the fixture.

Axe Chief
Axe Chief
09 August, 2020 22:21
Plenty of room for a 9 on the bench, there will be at least 23 match day players. [Was talk of there being more for the compacted fixtures?]
As we don't know fitness and injuries, or tactics regarding the planned fixture programme anything is possible. Do we go for a lesser rated side against the Tigers to protect 2 or 3 of the big game players for games 2 & 3, or will they go all out for a big statement for the first game.
As to the choice of scrum-half without knowing the health and form Jack is the safer bet. Unfortunately the last viewing of Stuart was not very encouraging.
...... and unless he is unavailable don't be surprised to see Ian Whitten's name somewhere!

dan1978
dan1978
10 August, 2020 13:31
surely if Rob & his team felt that Townsend and the two Maunders were good enough then why bring in Hidalgo-Clyne who has International experience? I think Sam HC was brought in to be our number one scrum-half, but i could be wrong!

Broken arrow
Broken arrow
10 August, 2020 14:06
Quote:
dan1978
surely if Rob & his team felt that Townsend and the two Maunders were good enough then why bring in Hidalgo-Clyne who has International experience? I think Sam HC was brought in to be our number one scrum-half, but i could be wrong!

Chiefs have always had 4 scrum halves, with White leaving they needed more cover. It used to be Chudleigh, Lewis, Maunder & Townsend, then White , Maunder J, Townsend and Maunder S.
With the number of games to be played, they really do need 4 scrum halves !!
I think the pecking order could be, Maunder J, Sam H-C, Maunder S, then Townsend. But they will all get game time due to the fixtures.

mommentum
mommentum
10 August, 2020 20:26
how much is the heat going to mean the need for a more mobile team?

MESSAGES->author
Tribester
10 August, 2020 21:38
With the quick turnaround between games, we won't be always putting out 'our' strongest possible team for every game, and Rob has said that the whole squad will be used.

alphachief
alphachief
11 August, 2020 10:51
Quote:
Broken arrow
Quote:
dan1978

Chiefs have always had 4 scrum halves, with White leaving they needed more cover. It used to be Chudleigh, Lewis, Maunder & Townsend, then White , Maunder J, Townsend and Maunder S.
With the number of games to be played, they really do need 4 scrum halves !!
I think the pecking order could be, Maunder J, Sam H-C, Maunder S, then Townsend. But they will all get game time due to the fixtures.
Can't see Stu being fourth choice!

mommentum
mommentum
13 August, 2020 21:12
you would think Slade would have planed to have the baby out of the rugby season

MESSAGES->author
minuteman
13 August, 2020 22:01
Are you for real ? ..

Exeforever
Exeforever
13 August, 2020 22:27
If Slade has a baby he will be in the Lord Mayor's show.

MESSAGES->author
Thomas Hawk
14 August, 2020 09:07
Have heard suggestions that young Hodge has really been turning heads in training. Don't be surprised if his name is on the team sheet.

matt2fat
matt2fat
14 August, 2020 12:19
Quote:
mommentum
you would think Slade would have planed to have the baby out of the rugby season

Haha I know how selfish of him!

Although actually it would have only been the pre season games he would be missing if it wasnít for Covid, so Iíll cut him a little bit of slack!

mommentum
mommentum
15 August, 2020 13:56
Quote:
matt2fat
Quote:
mommentum

Haha I know how selfish of him!

Although actually it would have only been the pre season games he would be missing if it wasnít for Covid, so Iíll cut him a little bit of slack!

that was my point

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net