Latest news:

..... .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
WE are all very QUIET.
Discussion started by cornwallchief (IP Logged), 15 September, 2020 10:25
cornwallchief
cornwallchief
15 September, 2020 10:25
The chiefs are on the verge of their best year and our posts are a fraction of what I would expect. A home European Quarter final a possible Semi-final the next and then within four weeks the semi's of the premiership, the final and the final of the Cup! It is difficult to think but it is still possible that the Chiefs could be involved in all those games! In between two more rounds of seeing our emerging young talent. What a brilliant set of games and without doubt lots of high emotions. My team for this weekend.
15 Stuart Hogg
14 Jack Nowell
13 Henry Slade
12 Ollie Devoto
11Thom O'Flaherty
J0 Jo Simmonds
9 Jack Maunder
8 Sam Simmonds
7 Jacques Vermeulen
6 Dave Ewers
5 Jonny Gray
4 Jonny Hill
3 Thomas Francis
2 Luke Cowan-Dickie
1 Ben Moon
Sub
Jack Yendle, Harry Williams, Alec Hepburn, Sam Skinner, Jannes Kirsten, Sam Hildago Clyne, Gareth Steenson, Tom Hendrickson
As I am typing this I can almost hear their names being shouted over the speaker and the associated cheers from the stands. We can't be there but COME ON THE CHIEFS.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 15/09/2020 10:29 by cornwallchief.

ExTeddChief
ExTeddChief
15 September, 2020 10:28
smiling smiley Good point...mentally I think everyone's fried from lockdown to some extent and possibly in shock that we're doing so well!

Currychief
Currychief
15 September, 2020 11:13
Certainly missing game day and the atmosphere. All the comments re squeezing out the end of the season are valid but that's not gong to change and we are still in 2 competitions which is something to enjoy.
If they can have open air drive in cinemas why couldn't we be doing the same thing with a drive in game day on big screens at Sandy Park car park? I think the players would hear us!

samlee99
samlee99
15 September, 2020 12:15
I think all he censorship here has killed any discussion.

cornwallchief
cornwallchief
15 September, 2020 12:32
Quote:
samlee99
I think all he censorship here has killed any discussion.
I hope not; whatever ones views, this thread is meant to energise, focus on the achievements [gained and potential] of the club and look forward positively to the next six weeks. These are potentially historic times for our club - let us enjoy it if we can during the current Covid crisis. What next season will bring is at present anybody's guess.

dan1978
dan1978
15 September, 2020 12:46
I am agree with samlee99. I visit this website and view the posts but rarely make a comment

Broken arrow
Broken arrow
15 September, 2020 13:20
The only difference Iíd make to the starting XV would be to include Harry Williams from the off.

Regarding how quiet this forum is, I agree it is too quiet, sadly, many posters are put off because their opinions are rubbished by a small few.

clalan
clalan
15 September, 2020 13:25
Its quiet on here, for a lot of people in our region life is terrible at the moment. With no matches to physically watch and stir the blood, there's not a lot to be happy about.
They should have scrapped this season, and moved on to the next.
Now we're hearing that Saints have fit prop issues, why didn't they extend the contract of the prop they released, we extended Dolly and Steensons contracts till season 19/20 finished, its making it a farce.
As for censorship, some of the attacks of the club (rightly or wrongly) were turning into nasty affairs that would not have been tolerated on other "supporters" boards, especially when some contributors were not supporters at all.

BentFeathers
BentFeathers
15 September, 2020 16:45
Clalan: ĎAs for censorship, some of the attacks of the club (rightly or wrongly) were turning into nasty affairs that would not have been tolerated on other "supporters" boards, especially when some contributors were not supporters at all.Ď

+1

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals
15 September, 2020 17:21
Comments regarding censorship are directed at me.
I moderate this forum because nobody else was interested. As Iíve said before, I will censor it as I see fit.......like it or not, thereís been a lot of negativity on here and yes it has put people off posting.
Itís a pain to ban people, every two weeks an article has to be written to keep the forum active.
Itís not been that busy on here for a while and before I took over moderating it.
If those of you keyboard warriors who just come on here to poke sticks didnít it might be more active.

Again, if anyone wants to take it on message me .......Iíve asked this question three times now and not one person has responded.

I drink and forget stuff!

Bfatopsham
Not Manichean
15 September, 2020 17:37
Quote:
clalan
Now we're hearing that Saints have fit prop issues, why didn't they extend the contract of the prop they released, we extended Dolly and Steensons contracts till season 19/20 finished, its making it a farce.
As for censorship, some of the attacks of the club (rightly or wrongly) were turning into nasty affairs that would not have been tolerated on other "supporters" boards, especially when some contributors were not supporters at all.

A cunning plan by saints to go uncontested from kick off and nullify our scrun!

Bfatopsham
Not Manichean
15 September, 2020 17:39
Hopefully this will cheer you all up. And provoke some discussion.

[linebreakrugby.com]

It cheered me up.

Bfatopsham
Not Manichean
15 September, 2020 17:48
@ JS

I've been involved with an independent rugby forum for over 5 years (Rugby Refugees) as co founder and part of the group who have taken on moderating, admin, fundraising and iT isuues.

Its always going to be a thankless task and rugby stirs up a lot of passionate debate especially with fans from all different clubs.

In view of that there is a fairly well respected 'Rugby discussion only' policy which works pretty well and is generally self policed.

As a long time supporter and 1905 member I check in here fairly often and enjoy the comments and insight Occasionally it does seem a bit joyless but that certainly isn't laid at your door. I think you're doing a good job. Stick with it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/09/2020 17:50 by Not Manichean.

MESSAGES->author
Tribester
15 September, 2020 18:40
Actually, for me, it's the moderation on this forum, that's kept it going, and kept me coming back.

MESSAGES->author
Thomas Hawk
15 September, 2020 19:34
Quote:
Tribester
Actually, for me, it's the moderation on this forum, that's kept it going, and kept me coming back.

+1

fisher
fisher
15 September, 2020 21:14
+1

Big Chief Little Chief
Big Chief Little Chief
15 September, 2020 22:33
Firstly, The moderation of this site is fine, keep going JS.

Secondly, since the restart, we have seen chiefs not really challenged. Dare I say it, without sarries, the league is a bit dull! We wrapped up top spot with three games to go, rotating the squad completely. With out wishing to come across as arrogant, I truly believe if we are on top form, there is not a team in this league who can live with us.

We are almost just marking time until the important games begin, starting on Sunday. I have a horrible feeling that Northampton might be lulling us into a false sense of security, they cannot play as badly as they did against tigers again! We on the other hand might go into the game expecting to win and having a first 15 who've barely got out of first gear!

ExTeddChief
ExTeddChief
15 September, 2020 22:51
Having said that...given how badly a rough and ready Saracens side beat us on Sunday...you can't take any of the remaining games for granted!

matt2fat
matt2fat
16 September, 2020 10:38
I think your team is spot on injuries depending- although Whiten might start and Devoto might be in the bench for Hendrickson.

Looking at the potential fixtures, if Sarries beat Leinster and then win their Semi and we beat Saints and win our semi, we could meet in the final. How good would it feel to play Sarries and beat them for the European title!

But I mustnít get ahead of myself...one game at a time!

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha
16 September, 2020 11:49
If you want to see a multitude of posts try visiting the sites of teams that are struggling at the moment!
Apart from the blip at Sarries when we fielded a third string side against what will probably form the nucleus of their Championship side next season, we have been excellent both pre and post lockdown and you tend to find posts increase when you have something to moan about.
I for one will continue to keep relatively quiet until we get to the meaningful games in both the Premiership and Europe!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net