Latest news:

..... .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Teams Up v Saints
Discussion started by Lowerwatha (IP Logged), 18 September, 2020 11:00
MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha
18 September, 2020 11:00
EXETER CHIEFS SIDE TO FACE SAINTS

15 Stuart Hogg
14 Jack Nowell
13 Henry Slade
12 Ian Whitten
11 Tom OíFlaherty
10 Joe Simmonds (C)
9 Jack Maunder

1 Alec Hepburn
2 Luke Cowan-Dickie
3 Harry Williams
4 Jonny Gray
5 Jonny Hill
6 Dave Ewers
7 Jacques Vermeulen
8 Sam Simmonds

16 Jack Yeandle
17 Ben Moon
18 Tomas Francis
19 Sam Skinner
20 Jannes Kirsten
21 Sam Hidalgo-Clyne
22 Gareth Steenson
23 Ollie Devoto

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/09/2020 11:11 by Lowerwatha.

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha
18 September, 2020 11:03
Saints

15 George Furbank
14 Matt Proctor
13 Fraser Dingwall
12 Rory Hutchinson
11 Ahsee Tuala
10 Dan Biggar
9 Henry Taylor

1 Manny Iyogun
2 Mikey Haywood
3 Owen Franks
4 David Ribbans
5 Api Ratuniyarawa
6 Courtney Lawes
7 Lewis Ludlam
8 Teimana Harrison (c)

Replacements:
16 James Fish
17 Alex Seville
18 Paul Hill
19 Alex Moon
20 Nick Isiekwe
21 Shaun Adendorff
22 Alex Mitchell
23 Taqele Naiyaravoro

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha
18 September, 2020 11:04
Match Officials

Referee: Matthew Carley
Assistant Referees: Luke Pearce and Tom Foley
TMO: Stuart Terheege
No.4: Christophe Ridley

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha
18 September, 2020 11:07
Weather Forecast

Sunny intervals with a gentle north easterly breeze, temperature low 20s but will feel like 25 degrees.

MESSAGES->author
Thomas Hawk
18 September, 2020 11:13
I really do not envy the Saints front row.

CullyChief
CullyChief
18 September, 2020 11:36
Strong team. Come on you Chiefs. I think itís important we donít get sucked into an obsession with the well publicised problems Saints have in the front row. Just play the game hard as usual and if it turns out that we have a strong advantage at scrum time, then look to maximise that advantage as any team would. We must ensure we donít lose focus on other aspects of the game because of that. Saints have good players and they will be chucking everything at us. Really looking forward to Sunday.

cornwallchief
cornwallchief
18 September, 2020 11:36
I watched at Twickenham when a vaunted English front row was taken apart by an unfancied Australian front row. They have Owen Franks who must know the dark arts and a loosehead who did OK for Gloucs. as Rob said 2 weeks ago. Messy scrums are often a lottery with fairly arbitrary penalties.
I would prefer a game not dominated by scrum resets and penalties. I will be nervous until I see how they are interpreted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/09/2020 11:38 by cornwallchief.

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals
18 September, 2020 11:41
No disrespect to Saints and nothing is a given but if that 23 isnít good enough to progress to the Semi then I fear we never will!
Hers to a cracking game and hopefully a Chiefs victory. Just as shame there will be no crowd.

COME ON EX!

I drink and forget stuff!

Broken arrow
Broken arrow
18 September, 2020 12:04
Great looking team, but why Whitton and not Devoto or Hendo !! I know everyone (except me) loves the guy, but I think heís looked off the pace recently and seems to keep conceding penalties. Anyway, letís hope he plays a blinder.

CullyChief
CullyChief
18 September, 2020 12:21
Quote:
Broken arrow
Great looking team, but why Whitton and not Devoto or Hendo !! I know everyone (except me) loves the guy, but I think heís looked off the pace recently and seems to keep conceding penalties. Anyway, letís hope he plays a blinder.

Agree BA, if anyone is unlucky not to make the 23 after recent performances it has to be Tom Hendrickson.

dan1978
dan1978
18 September, 2020 12:29
It does appear that Whitten is Baxter's favourite. Would of liked to of seen Devoto or Baldwin at 12 as they will offer a lot more in attack

cornwallchief
cornwallchief
18 September, 2020 12:57
Agree - Whitts in attack I think is behind Devoto or Hendrickson. His defence is as good as the others IMO and maybe that is why he is starting. Was not in my XV or a sub but at least he is not on the wing. Not sure why Rob has selected him but Whitts always gives 110% to the cause. As Broken Arrow says hope he has a blinder.

lechef
lechef
18 September, 2020 13:01
Come on ye Saints

LeicesterSaint
LeicesterSaint
18 September, 2020 13:13
You would think that about Franks wouldn't you but we've not seen any evidence as yet.... Sunday would be a good time!

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals
18 September, 2020 13:58
Iím one of those who is in Whittís corner......he gives everything for the shirt, defends well and as last week showed isnít too shabby going forward albeit not one of the quickset. I think RB may have chosen him over Hendrickson purely on experience and having Devoto on the bench(who is coming back from injury) canít be bad.

I drink and forget stuff!

MESSAGES->author
Thomas Hawk
18 September, 2020 14:02
Hendrickson will have his time to shine in the coming years, better to go with experience at this point over youth.

Bfatopsham
Not Manichean
18 September, 2020 16:23
Saints have gone 6.2 on the bench. Moon, Isiekwe and Adendorff coming on in the last 20 packs quite a punch.

I dont really get that selection though, it is optimistic of Boyd if he thinks that that Ex pack is going to be pushed around. I would have thought it better for saints to attack out wide.

Master Chief
Master Chief
18 September, 2020 18:06
I agree about Whitts, gives away too many penalties these days. But I can see why he is selected as Jehovahís described.

I think the unluckiest man not to get a start is Jannes Kirsten. What does he have to do? Heís been our best player since the break. Perhaps one of the best of the season.

Iím missing Nic White. Not only for his service but for his vocal leadership and management of the team. He was such a central figure. Ideal player for the big games. This is Maunderís turn to step up. He sometimes mopes about but needs to take the game by the scruff of the neck.

That all being said itís a very strong side. Play to their potential, donít focus only on the scrums and we will come through. What a great side it is that we can be proud of. Looking forward to it.

clalan
clalan
18 September, 2020 21:22
Jannes is a powerhouse, and great as a re energizing impact player. As for Whitts he has a solid no thrills game, lets others do the fancy stuff while he just grafts as Ewers does in the forwards.
The Saints side are full of talent who could click so nothing can be taken for granted, look forward to a great match.

Zyder head
Zyder head
19 September, 2020 07:49
I get the impression that Whitts is the defence leader and organiser as JS has said his defence is his strong point imo.
I think Whitts playing is a nod of respect to Saints as well as his reliability and durability.
We are playing a very dangerous side that are capable of winning even if they don't get much ball to play with.
Saints don't look as dangerous now since the spark of Cobus has left them but they still deserve our utmost respect.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net