Latest news:

..... .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Sarries
Discussion started by fisher (IP Logged), 20 September, 2020 11:11
fisher
fisher
20 September, 2020 11:11
Love them or hate them you have to give them credit for yesterdays performance. You can have all the money in the world to throw at a team but they have got to be coached well and want to win and Sarries have that in abundace. So even though I have always hated their attitude to the rules of the league and non compliance to the financial side I still take my hat off to them for being able to perform like that.

MESSAGES->author
Chief Little Big Horn
20 September, 2020 11:27
Mark McCall needs massive credit for his co-ordination of that group of players.

Didn't realise he could smile until yesterday - congratulations massive victory.

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals
20 September, 2020 11:33
It was a fantastic performance and they really did make Leinster struggle.
From purely a performance point of view that deserves credit.
There’s still the question tho as to wether they should be allowed to take part.

I drink and forget stuff!

Currychief
Currychief
20 September, 2020 11:45
I wouldn’t put money against them winning in Paris next week. Quite a lot of poor discipline although that could have been because it was 2 French teams playing their way.

Axe Chief
Axe Chief
21 September, 2020 09:49
As a coaching group you have to admire the ability of Mcsurly and co to maintain that united ethos that permeates into all their teams, and the tactics that works for them.
In a lot of ways we try to emulate them.
Having dispersed some of their squad they have a team that now equates more to the rest of the Premiership, but was still able to comprehensively beat Leinster away. Maybe home advantage is lost in the current circumstances, but their performance throughout the team was at level I couldn't see any other English club producing.

Poking With Sticks
Poking With Sticks
21 September, 2020 14:14
The sad thing is, they probably would have managed Premiership dominance without breaching the cap. The payments to the Vunipolas, Itoje, Farrell etc were over and above their reasonable salaries. They most likely would have stayed there regardless.

matt2fat
matt2fat
21 September, 2020 21:19
They were ruthless at the weekend. I have everything crossed for a Chiefs vs Sarries final. How good would it be to beat them for the title?

emohawk
emohawk
22 September, 2020 10:07
Totally agree PWS. If they hadn't done what they did they would have enjoyed genuine acclaim but will forever be associated with their misdemeanours.

Nosher1979
Nosher1979
27 September, 2020 07:41
This is a classy post, truly deserving of respect and praise. The kind words that would’ve been said in the clubhouse bar. No demurrer from me, a stalwart Sarries fan on our past years mucky water.
As a west countryman, though closer to the moonrakers than the ex men, I will be cheering Exeter on next week. Massive respect to the club, players and most of all the truly kind and considerate fans.
Here’s to the 2021/22 season and some more great meetings.
Stay safe everyone and enjoy the rugby

mommentum
mommentum
27 September, 2020 19:35
Sarries first half against Leinster reminded me of the world cup final. i thought this is what needed to win a European cup, but 1 try in 2 games is not and should not be enough to be kings of Europe. this seems to be the difference from last season.

I think it will be very interesting to see how strong Sarries are in two years time. They have some very talented youngsters who will get plenty of game time next season to bring them on. Also players out on loan how are getting more game time and will come back to Sarries with lots of knowledge and ideals from other clubs.

Be sure to give Sarries a wave as they pass on the way to Cornwall next season

plymptonchief
plymptonchief
28 September, 2020 10:28
As things stand at the moment I'm not sure how much game time they will be getting. There is currently no news of Championship downwards date for resumption.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net